Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 16, 2024, 01:22:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
711 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 753
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 711
Total: 711

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Don't you just hate it when -------

Started by bussgarfield, November 21, 2012, 08:58:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bussgarfield

Hi all.
It seems ages since I actually contributed or asked for help with you guys but I have been monitoring the goings on here from time to time.

Recently, my wife went back to the UK to help out with our new grandson and I thought, what an ideal opportunity to re-vamp my semi completed sim.
I have a 737 under construction but the issue that has prvented me from progressing further is the lack of access to the rear of the MIP to enable all the electrics and more importantly the over head from being installed (which is currently hinged to the wall to allow me to work on it). So I had this great idea to build a moveable platform which could be pulled out as and when necessary. Platform built so now was the time to disconnect all the monitors and usb cables from the main computer (which was going to be move to another location). I labelled all cables so they would be installed back to the correct positions. I use OpenCockpits modules and sioc software which means that if the position of a usb cable is changed then you have to go into the sioc ini file and alter it accordingly, so this prevented me having to do that.
Well, having brought up the platform from the workshop and started to re-build the MIP, I started re-connect all the cables. There are quite a few aren't there?
Fired up the sim and sioc works fine with all my modules but I have no ailerons or elevators. I use the Saitek yoke at the moment but the platform includes the basic mechanism for the installation of a 'proper' yoke assembly so I can work on it at my leisure. All the switches on the yoke work just fine but the yoke itself is just not working.
The thottles (also Saitek) are also hit and miss and eratic but again all switches work fine. I shall be building my own throttles in the future.
I have changed the position of the usb cables on these two items but it is still the same.

The point of this thread really is to ask whether any of you have experienced any similar issues when disconnecting and reconnecting?
I can see of no reason why I should now experience thes issues with the yoke and throttles.

Gary

Gary Buss
Intel E8500, EVGA NF780i mobo, 8 GB DDR2 ram, 500GB SATA2 HD, TH2Go, 3 X NVIDIA GF9800 GT 512mb GPU's, 780W PSU, Vista 64 home, 3 X HANNS-G 22" monitors.
Running - FSX, FSUIPC/WideFS, FSX Booster, FSXpand, SIOC and numerous add on aircraft and utilities.

TomR

Hi

1) Check Controller's are enabled in FS. You can just switch ON/OFF by pressing CTRL + K  key.
2) If the above doesn't effect check the controller axes in Windows, Gamecontroller.
Best Regards
Thomas Richter

bussgarfield

Thomas, thanks for the reply.
I have all the axis controlled through FSUIPC and they have been disabled in the FSX control. I found I could calibrate them better this way. Strange thing is, The elevator and aileron axis aren't picked up in FSUIPC. The throttles are but perticularly number 1 throttle does not give a steady reading when moved into a postion - that may be an iffy pot and just a coincidence.
Every thing was working fine before the cables were disconnected and there have been no changes to settings or software.
The rudder works ok and is actually plugged into the rear of the yoke which I find strange.
I will pull out the platform later today and try changing the usb connections again.
Gary Buss
Intel E8500, EVGA NF780i mobo, 8 GB DDR2 ram, 500GB SATA2 HD, TH2Go, 3 X NVIDIA GF9800 GT 512mb GPU's, 780W PSU, Vista 64 home, 3 X HANNS-G 22" monitors.
Running - FSX, FSUIPC/WideFS, FSX Booster, FSXpand, SIOC and numerous add on aircraft and utilities.

saabpilot

Hi Gary,

Re. the pedals connected.
Saitek has an inbuilt USB Hub, that is why the pedals do work.

Since the pedals work the fault may be inside the yoke, possibly the internal hub is bad or a connection is loose inside ?
But - First of all things - do as Thomas Richter suggested.
Then, if no joy, pull out all USB cables in the affected PC and reconnect and recalibrate.

Bjorn
Fly Safe - Low and slow
There are Young Pilots there are Bold Pilots but no Bold and Old Pilots.

bussgarfield

Well, I appear to have found the solution to my problems.
Despite changing the usb connections when I first encountered the problem, I have changed the usb hub (it is surprising just how many hubs you need). The yoke now works fine and is also recognised by FSUIPC too.
I just feel that it is so strange that the original set up worked fine but on dismantling and rebuilding with the same connections, I encountered this problem and a new hub was the solution.
I only use powered hubs and I am soley usb2.

Anyway, issue solved and many thanks for the advice. It may be of some benefit to others to think of the usb distribution before delving too deep.

Regards
Gary
Gary Buss

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate