Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 16, 2024, 06:00:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
739 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 753
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 739
Total: 739

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Opencockpits CDU V3

Started by bussgarfield, January 17, 2013, 01:58:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bussgarfield

Hi all. Hope you are well. I have been away since November working solidly on my olive harvest. The sim has taken a bit of a back seat up until now.
Anyway, my little problem is this -
Last year with the help of some of you guys here, I was able to get my Opencockpits MCP and EFIS up and running in the PMDG NGX with the software produced by Roark. I ordered the new Opencockpits CDU v3 and downloaded Roarks software that combines the CDU, EFIS and MCP. The CDU works fine and is a great piece of kit but since loading the software, my EFIS doesn't work at all and the MCP whilst talking to the NGX, operates all the wrong buttons and knobs. The displays are missing digits and are also in the wrong place - ie, altitude is trying to fit itself in where the heading should be.
Has anyone here got any ideas ? the MCP ans EFIS were working correctly before the installation of the new software.

Regards
Gary
Gary Buss
Intel E8500, EVGA NF780i mobo, 8 GB DDR2 ram, 500GB SATA2 HD, TH2Go, 3 X NVIDIA GF9800 GT 512mb GPU's, 780W PSU, Vista 64 home, 3 X HANNS-G 22" monitors.
Running - FSX, FSUIPC/WideFS, FSX Booster, FSXpand, SIOC and numerous add on aircraft and utilities.

blueskydriver

Does this software use any type of identification of the devices based USB ports or something of the sort, and they're being misidentified?

Have you unplugged anything before, during or after the update?

If you uninstall the update, does everything work as it once did?

That would be where I would start...

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

bussgarfield

Hi John, thanks for the reply. The MCP and EFIS are still plugged into the same USB hub so as far as the sioc ini is concerned, those settings remain the same. According to sioc, all buttons on the EFIS and MCP are working.
I will try uninstalling the software and replacing the FSUIPC LUA files to get it back to where it was and see what happens.

Cheers
Gary Buss
Intel E8500, EVGA NF780i mobo, 8 GB DDR2 ram, 500GB SATA2 HD, TH2Go, 3 X NVIDIA GF9800 GT 512mb GPU's, 780W PSU, Vista 64 home, 3 X HANNS-G 22" monitors.
Running - FSX, FSUIPC/WideFS, FSX Booster, FSXpand, SIOC and numerous add on aircraft and utilities.

bussgarfield

The update has been uninstalled and lua files returned to FSUIPC. MCP and EFIS work as normal. Install the update again and CDU works fine but the MCP and EFIS still have problems.
I will contact the builder of the new software and see if he can shed some light on the matter.
Gary Buss

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate