Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 16, 2024, 01:59:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
726 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 753
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 726
Total: 726

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

report, using panel mount intercom

Started by dc8flightdeck, February 12, 2014, 03:30:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dc8flightdeck

I now have the 6 position panel mount intercom completely interfaced. This intercom has a music fade feature on the "music in" jack.

To make it compatible with pilot edge, tonight I cut a stereo audio cable for the computer and wired it direct to the intercom mic wire that normally connects to the aircraft's com radio.

It works great! It really amped the PE audio coming from the computer.  Up until now I always placed the computer sound into the intercom music in jack which leaves the PE audio a bit low on any intercom Ive tried. Connecting it to the intercom mic radio wire took care of that problem, i actually had to turn down the intercom volume.

I put an mp3 player on the "music in" jack and the music fade feature works perfectly. I talked to a PE controller and he didnt have a clue there was music playing on my intercom.

This is my first attemt to use a panel mount intercom and Im thrilled with the results. it took time to install all the wires but I didnt have to worry about using expensive extension cables.

One other thing, I wired both of the overhead 737 speakers to one intercom headset wire which also turned out well. Thankfully those speakers are amped.

fsaviator

Very nice.  Could you share a diagram, if it's not too much trouble?
Warren "FSAviator"
http://www.B737NG-Sim.com  |  https://www.facebook.com/fsaviator/
P3D45/ Prosim737 2/ ACE Dual-linked Yokes/ RevSim Proline TQ and Dual-linked Rudders/ CPFlight MCP PRO3 and EFIS'; MIP737ICS_FULL and SIDE737; Forward and Aft Overheads; Pedestal/ FDS MIP

dc8flightdeck

Well, I have the diagram that came with the intercom, but have no way to scan it...

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate