Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 15, 2024, 01:21:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
727 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 753
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 727
Total: 727

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Just Wondering About Ground Services

Started by Andrew 737, May 14, 2014, 11:09:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew 737

Hi Guys

Has anyone ever used AES in a Wideview  configured system?

The system is 4 pc's - 1 server, 3 wideview clients for scenery. Just wondered if anyone could give me a heads up before I go installing?

The main problem is how to get multiple copies of AES running at exactly the same time.

Thanks
Regards and Thanks

Andrew

PC Specs - 3 x i7 2600k @ 4.6, GTX 780, 8gig ram, Samsung Pro 512g & 256g SSD's - 1 x i7 2600k @ 4.6, GTX 780, 8gig Ram, Caviar Black HDD With Crucial Adrenaline & 2 x i7 980x @ 3.3, 6gig ram, GTX 580 & Velociraptor HDD's

Andrew 737

Really?

You pioneers out there - has no one done this!
Regards and Thanks

Andrew

PC Specs - 3 x i7 2600k @ 4.6, GTX 780, 8gig ram, Samsung Pro 512g & 256g SSD's - 1 x i7 2600k @ 4.6, GTX 780, 8gig Ram, Caviar Black HDD With Crucial Adrenaline & 2 x i7 980x @ 3.3, 6gig ram, GTX 580 & Velociraptor HDD's

Trevor Hale

Sorry Bud, I don't know anyone doing that.
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

Andrew 737

Hi Trevor

No probs - I thought it may be a big ask.

The whole ground services thing is really entertaining.

Thanks anyway :)
Regards and Thanks

Andrew

blueskydriver

Hi Andrew,

So, what happens when the default tow truck/pushback tug in FSX shows up or works in your setup?

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Andrew 737

Hi John

The defaults work - there is the option to sync them via WideView. I don't use airport vehicles though, because they pop up here and there rather than just at my plane. This impacts Perf a bit.
Regards and Thanks

Andrew

Sean

Have a word with Ian Sissons. Last time I was there, he was using AES with wide view. It was a while ago and things may have changed, but I recall not liking something about it (can't remember what!).

Andrew 737

Quote from: Sean on May 17, 2014, 12:05:35 AM
Have a word with Ian Sissons. Last time I was there, he was using AES with wide view. It was a while ago and things may have changed, but I recall not liking something about it (can't remember what!).

Hi Sean

Wow thanks for this, I don't know Ian (I know of him) so I will wait and hope he reads this post.

Thank you for the input - greatly appreciated.
Regards and Thanks

Andrew

Sean

Drop him an email, he's really loves helping people out. Drop my name in if you like.

Andrew 737

Regards and Thanks

Andrew

dc8flightdeck

Ive never tried AES, but did the same on a network with GSX ground sevices. It syncs fine over the network, but some of animation is lost on the clients.  The marshaller is rigid and no longer has moving arm or legs. The turn signals dont work on the follow me truck.

But it much better with GSX than without it. I used a voice recognition program for the interface. On the FO audio panel, selecing ground intercom disables the headset and hand mics communication to PilotEdge and changes the mics to interface with the voice recognition software for controlling GSX.

The other issue is, you have to configure the voice software for a specific parking spot before the flight starts, so its limited to one parking selection at the end of a flight.

I just realized I dont have video of us talking to GSX, but here is a link to an old out of date video that shows a bit of GSX being used with button activation in the cockpit.

http://youtu.be/9hotit9vwUU

Andrew 737

Hello

I'm talking about running 3 instances of either GSX or AES at the same time.
Regards and Thanks

Andrew

rhysb

Andrew,

On your AES request. I will give you a simple answer: It can't be done! You can't get AES to work or sync on multiple machines.

Ian Sissons only has AES running on the forward view so if you taxi at an airport you cannot see the marshallers or any AES vehicles except in the forward view.

Sorry to disappoint you but have explored it all myself.

Thanks

Rhys B
One wheel landings, tail scrapes... just doing my best!!
737 classic sim. Xplane 10 64bit on 3 i5 pc's. FDS IBL overhead, FDS CDU's & CCU's, Simvionics Panels, CP Flight MCP/EFIS, engravity & homemade MIP, prosim737, project magenta, GLB interior panels.

Andrew 737

Quote from: rhysb on May 18, 2014, 12:42:01 PM
Andrew,

On your AES request. I will give you a simple answer: It can't be done! You can't get AES to work or sync on multiple machines.

Ian Sissons only has AES running on the forward view so if you taxi at an airport you cannot see the marshallers or any AES vehicles except in the forward view.

Sorry to disappoint you but have explored it all myself.

Thanks

Rhys B

Thank you for the info Rhys - greatly appreciated
Regards and Thanks

Andrew

Sean

That's what I remember about Ian's. The traffic disappears once it leaves the front view.

ian@737ng.co.uk

Bugger me, now i'm going to have to set fire to it because the views dont 'cut the mustard' :)
The only real way to do this is to set up multiple views by adding
extra video outputs and setting these up as forward/left and forward right.    Then that way you will not loose the traffic.
Rgds

Ian
FS9 - PMDG/Prosim737 - Pokeys - Lots of BU0836X and a BEER FRIDGE :D

dc8flightdeck

Quote from: Andrew 737 on May 18, 2014, 12:08:28 PM
Hello

That is exactly what I did with GSX. In the video the pushback sequence is all GSX on wideview.

The video I posted is showing GSX on a 4 computer network with wideview. The simulator in the video has a server running but not visually displaying GSX because the two server monitors are displaying the HSI and radar screen repectively.

When you see the bus, baggage carts, and marshaller in the video, all are being displayed on wideclient computers. The left monitor is client #1, center three monitors client #2, right monitor is client #3. I have a copy of GSX on each of the 4 computers and as you can see in the video it works over wideview, but the video doesnt specifically show is how GSX looses some of the animation features that I previously described.

So in summery, GSX does work over a network, but with some animation lose. The ground service vehicle are visible across all the wideview computers as they drive around. I wouldnt fly without it.

Andrew 737

Quote from: dc8flightdeck on May 19, 2014, 03:56:44 PM
Hello

That is exactly what I did with GSX. In the video the pushback sequence is all GSX on wideview.

The video I posted is showing GSX on a 4 computer network with wideview. The simulator in the video has a server running but not visually displaying GSX because the two server monitors are displaying the HSI and radar screen repectively.

When you see the bus, baggage carts, and marshaller in the video, all are being displayed on wideclient computers. The left monitor is client #1, center three monitors client #2, right monitor is client #3. I have a copy of GSX on each of the 4 computers and as you can see in the video it works over wideview, but the video doesnt specifically show is how GSX looses some of the animation features that I previously described.

So in summery, GSX does work over a network, but with some animation lose. The ground service vehicle are visible across all the wideview computers as they drive around. I wouldnt fly without it.

Hi Justin

Very interesting indeed - I have a few questions if that is ok?

Where is the video to which you refer buddy?
How do you instruct each copy of GSX to run at precisely the same time?
Can you describe the feature loss a bit more please?

Thanks a lot

Andrew

EDIT - Justin, I must have missed something previously, I just read your first post again - please ignore this post for now - appologies there mate.
Regards and Thanks

Andrew

Andrew 737

Quote from: Andrew 737 on May 19, 2014, 11:20:56 PM
Quote from: dc8flightdeck on May 19, 2014, 03:56:44 PM
Hello

Hi Justin

Very interesting indeed - I have a few questions if that is ok?

Where is the video to which you refer buddy?
How do you instruct each copy of GSX to run at precisely the same time?
Can you describe the feature loss a bit more please?

Thanks a lot

Andrew

EDIT - Justin, I must have missed something previously, I just read your first post again - please ignore this post for now - appologies there mate.

What a fantastic sim - superb :)

Goodness knows how I missed the video, I must have had a 'blonde' (no offence to anyone guys, just a joke) moment!

Ok so I'm struggling to understand How you instruct each copy of GSX to run at precisely the same time?

Thanks Justin
Regards and Thanks

Andrew

dc8flightdeck

Hey now, Im blonde!  8)

All I did was to install a copy of GSX on each PC. Wideview takes care of the rest, no extra effort needed.

You loose GSX articulated movements on the client computers, like seeing the marshaller give hand signals. His hands do not move on the clients. When the marshaller walks his legs do not move, he just slides along the ground.

honestly, a lot of what you visually loose is not visible from the cockpit anyway, you have to place a monitor in an "outside" view to notice most of the missing animations. one would be the luggage moving from the vehicle into the cargo hold.

Andrew 737

Hi Justin

I'll give this a go - thanks for the info bud, greatly appreciated.
Regards and Thanks

Andrew

dc8flightdeck

Now that I think about it, I do also have wide traffic installed. Im not sure if that has an effect on GSX or not. This is installed for FSX.

Andrew 737

I too have Wide Traffic Installed :)

Thanks for the tip though, this is the sort of thing that can drive one mad!
Regards and Thanks

Andrew

sstusek

Hi,
this post is interesting, I am also using system with 4 pc's - 1 server, 3 wideview clients for scenery.
I was thinking how to use AES on wideview clients... without success!
First I thought I could control AES on multiple computers with AES Remote. This small program provides AES control from a client PC. It turned out that AES control is limited to send commands only to a single PC(IP)! Too bad, it would be very easy and straight forward solution if AES commands could be send to multiple computers. To do that AES control program should be modified...

Your question ..."how to get multiple copies of AES running at exactly the same time"... got me thinking again. How about mouse and keyboard sharing software like Hotkeynet, Input Director, Synergy or...
Some of the programs, so I've read, have sort of "mirror mode", which can mirror mouse and keyboard, just mouse, or just keyboard on networked computers.
That might do the trick to get multiple copies of AES running at exactly the same time?
I would have tried it myself but right now my system is not operational because I am upgrading some of my computers.

Regards,
Simon

ckovoor

Hi,
I operate a WidevieW+WideTraffic-X based network of 11 pc's, in which the Server generates 2-D cockpit panels of various payware aircraft, 7 Client pc's generate the out-of-cockpit-window scenery views across a 182 deg-fov, 1 Client pc generates an external locked spot view, and 2 more Client pc's are used as Instructor Stations (running weather, EFB and flight-planning add-ons, and now, AESRemote).
I used AutoHotkey-L to open 8 instances of AESRemote (concurrently) at my remote pc (Instructor Station 2). Each was linked to one of my Client pc's generating scenery. Continuing with Autohotkey I applied appropriate key presses to activate the various AES functions across the Clients. The various ground activities including jetway extension/retraction, though not actively synchronised by WidevieW/WideTraffic, appeared to progress synchronously on the clients, because they were activated simultaneously (via the appropriate hotkey on the Instructor Station pc).
I can share the .ahk code and the method, if anyone is interested.
Regards,
Chakko.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate