Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 15, 2024, 06:40:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
715 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 753
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 715
Total: 715

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Just Wondering About Ground Services

Started by Andrew 737, May 14, 2014, 11:09:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sstusek

Hi Chakko,

So you managed to synchronize AES over multiple PC`s with AES Remote, this is brilliant. I thought that the answer lies somewhere between the AES Remote and sort of key clone program  ;) .
Of course, I am interested in details... I see that you need one instance of AESRemote runing for every scenery client to which they relate (IP) and Autohotkey to send the synchronized commands to AESRemote.

Regards,
Simon

sstusek

Hi Chakko,

Thank you for the detailed information. I will give it a tray.

Regards,
Simon

dc8flightdeck

Thats a cool idea.  I might try that to get some other functions to work as well :)

Quote from: ckovoor on August 16, 2014, 08:02:57 AM
Hi,
I operate a WidevieW+WideTraffic-X based network of 11 pc's, in which the Server generates 2-D cockpit panels of various payware aircraft, 7 Client pc's generate the out-of-cockpit-window scenery views across a 182 deg-fov, 1 Client pc generates an external locked spot view, and 2 more Client pc's are used as Instructor Stations (running weather, EFB and flight-planning add-ons, and now, AESRemote).
I used AutoHotkey-L to open 8 instances of AESRemote (concurrently) at my remote pc (Instructor Station 2). Each was linked to one of my Client pc's generating scenery. Continuing with Autohotkey I applied appropriate key presses to activate the various AES functions across the Clients. The various ground activities including jetway extension/retraction, though not actively synchronised by WidevieW/WideTraffic, appeared to progress synchronously on the clients, because they were activated simultaneously (via the appropriate hotkey on the Instructor Station pc).
I can share the .ahk code and the method, if anyone is interested.
Regards,
Chakko.

ckovoor

Hi,

For those interested in this topic, I have developed a 3rd version of this code AESmultiple.v31.ahk, and for those who do not wish to install AutoHotkey, a standalone executable AESmultiple.v31.exe which I have uploaded to the following dropbox links:
.ahk version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5fug1m0jrbiebvz/AESmultiple.%20v31.ahk?dl=0
.exe version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/61zsfz9lwic4xpt/AESmultiple.%20v31.exe?dl=0
Instructions: https://www.dropbox.com/s/z18ywsebo0iv1fz/AESmultiple.v31_Instructions.txt?dl=0

The features of this new version:
(1) Starting the script opens a window listing the hotkeys needed for operation.
(2) To setup AESmultiple for your system, apply a Hotkey which opens a sequence of input boxes, where you enter the total number of your clients, their names and IP addresses. These are written into an .ini file created in the working directory, so this hotkey need be run only once.
(3) The program plans the layout of AESRemote windows on your desktop and will warn you if there is insufficient room.
(4) Hotkeys as before to activate individual AES functions, to activate jetway retraction, and to close all open instances of AESRemote.
(5) You need to ensure that the unpacked AESRemotePack folder downloaded from Aerosoft is in the same working directory as the AESmultiple.v3 script.

I have tested the script successfully with a maximum of 9 open instances in a monitor size of 1366 x 768 pixels, and 16 instances within 1920 x 1080.

Thank you for your interest.

Chakko.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate