Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 15, 2024, 01:03:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
748 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 753
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 748
Total: 748

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Pilot Edge (Squawk Box) and WideTraffic

Started by Andrew 737, March 21, 2015, 02:09:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew 737

Hi Guys

Is there anyone out there that can help me with the following issue on either a commercial basis (no problem with that at all, I have the upmost respect for the talent around here) or on a community basis?

I an running Wideview and Widetraffic on a one server (not used for visuals) and three client basis (used for visuals). This all works fine when using Ultimate Traffic II.

I really am liking Pilot Edge at the moment which uses Squawkbox 4 (AFAIK) as a multiplayer client. I have this setup in a network configuration.
Squawkbox on a remote PC and Simconnect 'correctly' set up.

When I go online the server does have the multiplayer AI so Simconnect works no probs. My issue is that Widetraffic does not display this AI on my client PC's that are my views :(

I have put the AI traffic models in the simobjects folders of each client and server and I have entered the new 'simobjectspaths' in the FS CFG's 'Main' section.

I have also added the .sms files in the Squawkbox Aircraft folder.

Any ideas or help appreciated.

Thank you

A
Regards and Thanks

Andrew

PC Specs - 3 x i7 2600k @ 4.6, GTX 780, 8gig ram, Samsung Pro 512g & 256g SSD's - 1 x i7 2600k @ 4.6, GTX 780, 8gig Ram, Caviar Black HDD With Crucial Adrenaline & 2 x i7 980x @ 3.3, 6gig ram, GTX 580 & Velociraptor HDD's

Trevor Hale

I would love to help you, but this needs the big guns.... Because it is dealing with the wide view arrangement.

There is a user here Sagrada737 (mike) he is one of our worldflight pilots. ( he uses pilot edge all the time) and he runs a wide view setup. I am sure he can help you out.

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

Andrew 737

Quote from: Trevor Hale on March 21, 2015, 05:07:41 AM
I would love to help you, but this needs the big guns.... Because it is dealing with the wide view arrangement.

There is a user here Sagrada737 (mike) he is one of our worldflight pilots. ( he uses pilot edge all the time) and he runs a wide view setup. I am sure he can help you out.

Trev

Hi Trevor

Thanks for the input.

I will patiently wait/hope and see if Mike has time to help me out with this.

Thanks Again

Andrew

**********************FIXED!************************

So I gues we learn something new everyday!!

For those that might be intrigued:

I had ordered the priority of the AI Model set in a certain way within Squawkbox - 'AImodels' being last in the list.

I 'ASSUMED' because they were prioritised last SquawkBox would not use them for a few lowly Pilot Edge Drones - I was wrong!!!

As soon as I installed this extra set (of very nice AI models) BINGO!!

There they were, loads of them - flying left right and centre!!!!!

Regards and Thanks

Andrew

PC Specs - 3 x i7 2600k @ 4.6, GTX 780, 8gig ram, Samsung Pro 512g & 256g SSD's - 1 x i7 2600k @ 4.6, GTX 780, 8gig Ram, Caviar Black HDD With Crucial Adrenaline & 2 x i7 980x @ 3.3, 6gig ram, GTX 580 & Velociraptor HDD's

sagrada737

Hello Andrew,

I too enjoy PilotEdge, but recently, I have been immersed with Sim construction issues (6dof Motion Platform) and have not been flying on PilotEdge.  That said, I am using a fairly simple setup with FSX and Sim-Avionics each with their own computer talking with tcp_Client.  I run PilotEdge on the FSX computer, with no other AI apps running.  I don't have any experience with your configuration setup, so I'm afraid I can't be of much help on this.  Perhaps Keith at PilotEdge can comment, or someone more familiar with your configuration.

Mike
Full-scale 737-800 Sim; P3d v5.3x with Sim-Avionics (two computers), FDS MIP,  FlightIllusion hardware.  3-Optoma ZH406ST Laser HD projectors, with 4K inputs from a single Nvidia RTX-4090 GPU (new), resulting in a 210 deg wrap-around display.  6dof Motion Platform using BFF 6dof motion software, driven by a Thanos Servo Controller to 6.2 KW Servos, Lever type actuators.

Andrew 737

Hi Mike

No problem buddy - All Fixed!

I was being a dunce! - couldn't see wood for trees :)

All good now ;)

HOWEVER, very interested in your 6DOF project - would really love to see some pictures :)

I am just about ready to get control loading, after that maybe some motion...
Regards and Thanks

Andrew

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate