Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 15, 2024, 09:08:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
747 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 753
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 747
Total: 747

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Baron with G1000 - any experienced users with avionics software?

Started by thunderbird_vienna, April 20, 2015, 10:32:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thunderbird_vienna

Good day community,

after builind a rather nice first Baron simulator I did - like many of us - wanted to go farther. More realism, more feeling - more investment:) While building my first sim with regular tools I learned how to deal with Corel Draw and how to use a Laser Cutter. I did further more buy a real Piper Arrow shell and had to adapt the Baron G58 dimensions to this slightly smaller setup.

Here you find some pictures of per today. I am running P3D v2.5 and use 2 computers. The 3 standby instruments are 2 7inch screens and run instruments from the GaugesFactory (wow - I miss this guy producing them - what great stuff). The two G1000 screens are currently planned to be fired through F1Tech G1000 Student Simulator. Anyone having experience with this solution? There is another 7inch touch screen between the 2 switch panels - it is not in use yet but might be handy some later day. As long as the simulator still remains in my appartment it is just used on a large lcd screen for the outside visuals. I am currently building a new house with a dedicated sim-room - here I am planning to put it into the shell and use a curved screen with short throw projectors.

I have to say that 2 years ago I have not yet had an idea of how to solder something nor did I build anything myself. It is great that with the right amount of time and some investments it is possible to learn and build more or less anything. I want to encourage new builders to start building - it is great fun.

Best regards from Vienna, Austria
Alfred

Doog

rfresh737

gerry

Hi,

The flight1 technical is great,( but expensive ) you just need their extra addon for Baron58.

Mindstar g1000 is also a solution ( less expensive).

Regards

Gerry

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate