Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 16, 2024, 01:45:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
712 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 753
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 712
Total: 712

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Hello again and preview new 7-segment driver board

Started by Wendy, January 28, 2016, 09:25:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wendy

Hello again to All of you,

Don't know when was the last time I posted on FlightSim forums but I think it's already a few years. Why... I had my reasons and I do not want to go into detail, but I still followed what was going on, silently, just reading.

Now maybe it's time to break the silence again. Some of you probably will know me and for those who don't, I was the one who started the PoKeys story a few years ago, I also encouraged to use a CNC. I will try to actively participate again and if someone has a question concerning some of my interface boards or PoKeys card in general or some other question, I will be happy to answer your questions to my best knowledge.

For now I want to give you a preview on my new 7-segment boards which are almost ready to go in production but I do want to ask your opinion and/or suggestions before the final versions are made. The old boards will continu to be produced but the new ones have a big advantage. No difficult 7-segment displays wiring.

This 7-segment system consists of two parts, first of all the driver board and a second part, the display which has a connector to connect to the driver board.
So very easy and no wiring any more. Only 4 wires to connect to the PoKeys card and 2 wires for the 5 Volt DC. The driver board is based on my previous driver but now fully with SMT components and with a very small size... only 45x23mm. With these measurements it is a perfect fit behind the display, as you will see it clearly in the pictures where I present them behind a COMM panel.

At first there will be a 6 digit display suitable for 5 and 6 digit radio's/NAV or FLT ALT
and LAND ALT. Later I will add a 7 digit display to connect with the driver board. The driver itself is capable of driving 8 digits and can also be used separate.

I'll invite you to look at the pictures and please tell me if you like it or if you have
suggestions, I'll be glad to hear about it.

Enjoy, Wendy

Ridgenj

HI Wendy, happy to see you back and specially to see you in this forum. As you know, I am your customer and always felt that your good advice to me was getting lost to the community.
Many of us here have migrated to Pokeys because of the advantage with the ethernet connection and the native support by proSim737.
Trevor and Bob are great guys and they watch that we all remain on topic and enjoy our hobby and the exchange of ideas and advice.
Once again, welcome back my friend.
Cheers
Luis

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Ridgenj

Wendy, please sing me on for displays for Flt ALT and Land ALT once available
cheers
Luis

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Wendy

Bob Reed

Hello Wendy and welcome...Back. I am glad you have decided to share what you are up to and we try to be more like family here. If there is anything, at anytime you need help with, please contact me! Enjoy your stay here as I am sure our reader will enjoy your stay here.

Flying_Fox

Thanks Wendy! Good to see you here.
I am a proud user of your 7-segment boards (old version):

Nick

Wendy

Wendy

Hello Nick,
Nice to see some pictures of my boards. The old ones will continu to exist for now.

Regards, Wendy

Trevor Hale

Hi Wendy,

Looks like you have really nailed it.  I will find some time to have a look at your stuff.  I honestly didn't realize the pokeys stuff was still being worked on.  That is just how informed I am. LOL.  In any case I must admit using 7-segment displays was always a frightening adventure.  Looks like you have made it as simple as you possibly could.

Great Job, and Happy to see you trolling around again.

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

Wendy

Hello Trevor,

I continu to work on it, refine things and prepare new stuff. In the future you will see more new boards where you just have to click the driver board on it and that's it !!!
I like it when things are easy.

Nice to be back,
Regards, Wendy

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate