Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 16, 2024, 06:32:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
745 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 753
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 745
Total: 745

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

engravity mip frame in real nose section

Started by Gallie, March 14, 2016, 08:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gallie

Guys,

I need some help/advice about mounting a flyengravity mip frame in a real 737 nose section.
I know measurements of all replica frames are off, unless its a exact copy of a real one.
I know i will have to modify the frame in some ways, but im looking for anyone with experience.

Can anyone tell me how the glareshield is mounted in the cockpit. it seems that the glareshield isnt mounted to the mip frame in the original cockpit.

Thanks,

Michael

727737Nut

There are 4 brackets the mount the Glare to the real airframe.  The upper MIP does not support it.   2 large brackets on eac side of MCP go to frame and one on each glare wing.   At least thats the way my real 737 cockpit was when I got it back in 2001.

Rob
737 Junkie

Stijn

Hi,

I don't know how it's mounted in a 737 classic Cockpit but in a NG the glare shield consists of 1 frame, 2 brackets and some liners. The frame holds the MCP and the 2 efis control panels.

The MCP frame is mounted on 2 points with a total of 8 bolts just below the #1 windows (LH and RH windshield), and leans/stands on two points on the MIP frame.
2 brackets one left and one on the right side holds supports the outer edges of the glareshield. They are also mounted just below the windows but further outboard.

On these brackets and the frame are the liners installed.

Stijn

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate