Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 03:22:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
142 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 174
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 142
Total: 142

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

737 OEM Panels

Started by kurt-olsson, October 07, 2016, 10:56:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kurt-olsson

Updated 2017-07-20

Found all my panels thanks to help from this forum.

mickc

727737Nut

Not a great deal but not bad either.  I'd say go for it.
737 Junkie

quid246

Quote from: kurt-olsson on October 07, 2016, 10:56:51 AM
I am looking for these panels:

Window heat panel
Apu panel
Bleed air panel
Flight control panel
Air conditioning panel
Preassurization panel

Here is what you will find out there:
Window Heat - 737CL Only
APU Panel - 737CL Only (I've only known of one NG panel to make it to a simmer)
Bleed Air - 737CL Only (w/one Recirc Fan as used on 600/700) or one out of a Southwest that will have a "GASPER FAN" in place of the L RECIRC FAN
Flight Control Panel - The ones I have sold are 737CL, NG have diff revision numbers but identical in appearance
Air Conditioning Panel - I assume you mean Cabin Temperature, 737CL only, the -800 style (also used on -400) are impossible to find
Pressurization Panel - OEM Digital Ones are as rare as unicorn dung... these are interchangeable 737CL & NG I believe, so more incentive to keep those in serviceable condition

727737Nut

Adam you made laugh so hard! 
Quoterare as unicorn dung
;D ;D

Rob
737 Junkie

XOrionFE

I have been able to obtain some great unicorn dung but that particularbone I havent ever sniffed either...though I am always keeping my nose to theground...

Lol

kurt-olsson

Stay away from the bleed panel boys! :)
Its my bid on it. Like Rob said, not great deal but fair and in europe so cheap shipping and no taxes!

The important thing here is to NOT support swiss-sim who sells broken panels for 3 times the price. I bought my throttle from them and yeah, not a great deal but the throttle was in super-condition and it was not that much overpriced. A year ago.

But now, i see panels without lightplates, missing korrys and switches and still each panel is like 400dollars!

They should be ashamed of them self.

I could really recommend a vendor from Canada. Supernice and the panels i bought was in outstanding condition and about half price of swiss-sims. Dont know if he will have more panels avsil though.

kurt-olsson

Faulty

kurt-olsson

Quote from: quid246 on October 08, 2016, 06:10:29 AM

Window heat panel
Apu panel
Bleed air panel
Flight control panel
Air conditioning panel
Preassurization panel

Here is what you will find out there:
Window Heat - 737CL Only
APU Panel - 737CL Only (I've only known of one NG panel to make it to a simmer)
Bleed Air - 737CL Only (w/one Recirc Fan as used on 600/700) or one out of a Southwest that will have a "GASPER FAN" in place of the L RECIRC FAN
Flight Control Panel - The ones I have sold are 737CL, NG have diff revision numbers but identical in appearance
Air Conditioning Panel - I assume you mean Cabin Temperature, 737CL only, the -800 style (also used on -400) are impossible to find
Pressurization Panel - OEM Digital Ones are as rare as unicorn dung... these are interchangeable 737CL & NG I believe, so more incentive to keep those in serviceable condition

I domt mind to mix and match the CL and -800 stuff. The OEM is so magic i think its more important with quality than plastic replicas. So i will for example get the mic panels from the -300/-200 since they have better price.

quid246

Quote from: kurt-olsson on October 11, 2016, 10:17:40 AMBut now, i see panels without lightplates, missing korrys and switches and still each panel is like 400dollars!

They should be ashamed of them self.

I could really recommend a vendor from Canada. Supernice and the panels i bought was in outstanding condition and about half price of swiss-sims. Dont know if he will have more panels avsil though.

Yes, repair shop rejects those are.  As for the vendor in Canada, that gent might just be a member here. ;)

kurt-olsson

Haha so that was you. :)

I am sad i missed out on your bleed air panel. Let me know if you get some new stuff you wanr ro get rid of.

Someone outbid me on my ebay item! :(
Not sure if i want to go higher, the lightpanel is nor oem...

737NGer

Does anyone know the p/n for the pressurisation panel?

Ridgenj

I agree with Peter and the vendor is an active participant in this forum.
Concerning the panels from Arizona, I am using the hardware with FDS panels.
Otherwise it would take  me an eternity to get them up and running.
Cheers
Luis

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

737NGer

Updated 2017-04-18

Window heat panel
Apu panel

NG or CL is the first question?

How much are you willing to spend on a single panel?

And finally...what "degree of functionality" are you looking for i.e. Functional logic boards? Or do you scrap everything inside and just use the front assembly (lightplate, Korrys and switches) only?

Ridgenj

If you find NG panels from a 737-NG and not from a 737 600, let me know.
CL 500 is the most common ones.
Cheers
Luis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

737NGer

Quote from: Ridgenj on June 15, 2017, 04:48:07 PM
If you find NG panels from a 737-NG and not from a 737 600, let me know.
CL 500 is the most common ones.
Cheers
Luis

You mean not from a -500? -600 is still NG.

An NG cockpit panel from a -600 is identical to that used on the -700, 800 and 900. This applies to ALL panels except for:
Air Conditioning Panel (the one with the RECIRC FAN and PACK switches)
Cabin Temperature Panel
Door Warning Annunciator Panel

Any special requests?

What is your average budget for a single panel? Your budget determines the condition of the panel.

Ridgenj

My point is that several NG's panels being offered are coming from the 600. I personally use FDS panels and slaughter the OEMs for the hardware. Some are easy to convert but they remain CL panels.
For example United Airlines uses for the AC panel in the NG the ones you find in the 600.

737NGer

If you gut the panels for hardware then I'd say unserviceable panels are best (if the reason of unserviceability isn't because of the annunciators, lightplate or switches.)

Not sure what you have against -600 parts - these are identical to the ones on the -800 (part numbers used on the -600 are the same ones used on the -800. No airline cares about what type of NG the part came from - chances are a part on an flying -800 could have been on a retired -600 )

It'll be very hard to find parts not from a -600. Most parts come from the -600, so it's unlikely that I'll be able to find anything like that.

Ridgenj

Sorry if I generated  the impression that I don't  like the 736. Most of my OEM comes from CL or 600. I wanted to use it for an  x-plane Sim but now got distracted with P3D4 and here my Sim is an FDS. My TQ is a modified 500 to NG and I love it.
One fundamental issue I have with all OEM panels is that I am totally unable to cut any of the so nicely finished wirings. I just sit there and watch the masterpieces.
Most of my OEM's come from Nick at APHS and from Arizona.
I have a HUD, CDU's IRS and Trim panels waiting to be converted.
Have a nice weekend.
Cheers
Luis

737NGer

Okay...Now I understand.

If you don't want to gut all the internal wiring do what I do (which is incorporate all the internal logic of the panels into the interface.)

What NG panels do you have? :)

And what panels would you be interested in? I might be able to help you source a few panels.

jackpilot

Speaking of OEM panels look what haunts EBay theses days:

[ebay]263041381286[/ebay]

Better now for the same stuff:

[ebay]282530878040[/ebay]

3 switches and a few stickers! No rocket science to interface
Got exactly the same one + stall warning with the nice Otto push switches for a (2 digit) fraction of those ridiculous prices a while ago.

Even worse:
[ebay]282517983671[/ebay]

[ebay]322547703919[/ebay]

-

Jack

Joe Lavery

Jack, sorry to deviate from the topic, but as the go to guy for real panels, can you tell me how to remove Dzus fasteners from a real panel?

I have a pair of Grimes radio panels that I want to fit but I can't remove the Dzus fasteners.
I've tried a small drift from the back but I'm afraid of damaging or distorting the frame 

Any thoughts?

Joe.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

737NGer

Well...for $375 for a Flight Recorder Panel I'd expect AR condition with a 30 day warranty (not "for parts or not working") ..AND fresh from an NG.

jackpilot

Quote from: Joe Lavery on June 17, 2017, 03:03:37 PM
Jack, sorry to deviate from the topic, but as the go to guy for real panels, can you tell me how to remove Dzus fasteners from a real panel?

Joe.

Piece of cake
Remove the panel (plastic) from the backer, to avoid cracking it
Sit the backer on 2 small wood blocks, hold another wood block on (Touching) the small part of the dzus and bang firmly with a hammer (one shot is usually enough to pop it out).
No harm even to the dzus itself
(click on to enlarge)

Jack

willow

Greetings

I remove DZUS fasteners exactly the same way :)

Works like a charm,   WilloW
WilloW  (YMHB)
www.Flaps2Approach.com

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate