Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 04:26:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
356 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 392
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 356
Total: 356

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

WANTED: J Rails for Weber seats

Started by Philip, March 10, 2017, 08:15:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philip

Greetings folks,

Been surfing the forums for a couple of years. We started our 737 build with FDS Shell / Liners, FDS MIP (thank you Scott), FWD/AFT Overheads (thank you Ralph),  Sismo Pedestal, Revolution Sim Products plug & play motorized throttle. We just ordered from oncealoft a set of Weber seats and hoping delivery by next week.
I'm wondering if anyone has a pair of J Rails that would work with Weber Seats. I have a couple of quotes from a few places, but trying to find a pair that maybe someone has lying around.

If you do, please let me know.

Thank you,
Philip

blueskydriver

Hi Phillip,

Does your Weber Seats have the correct sliders on the bottom that will ride on the J-rails? They need the type of slider that I attached a couple of pics of. The sliders have a bearing on top that allows the slider to track the "J" shape of the rail.

If you're seats are straight rail types, why not just stick with that? I am guessing that you think it'll be a problem getting into the seat with a 3 bay pedestal, so hence the reason for the change. You might want to check with other members about this to see what they did. However, if you're going to change them anyway, to the J-rail type, please share your plans on making the modifications.

As for having any J rails, I don't have any, but if you ordered from oncealoft (Airline Pilots Historical Society), did you ask him about the sliders? You might want to call him back about that to make sure.

Have you checked with Universal Asset Management (UAM) too see if they have any? It's worth a shot. Try both locations...

Best Regards,

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

B747-400

Hi,

APHS has some listed - have a look: http://www.oncealoft.com/seats-for-sale

UAM is a great source as well! I can recommend them!!

Cheers
Hans
Hans G. Schuetz
http://B747-400.net

bernard S

J Rails   bloody things should go with the seats in my view  but that aside they are often hard to find at a price point which is tolerable..my suggestion save the grief and the bucks and get them from Gwen ( I think that's how you spell his name)  why get from him...

A  They work
B  The price is outstanding value
C  Easy to install

Are people going to notice that you don't have J Rails for your floor  the answer is a big fat NO are you going to notice  NO  .... You will only notice if you are a poor dancer .. poor dancers look at their feet .. but REAL pilots are great dancers :-)

You have Webbers  keep them .. They are far more comfortable as they have a wider seat pan.. Are your Webbers electrically operated if so how are you going to power them and even real world pilots use the manuel over ride 99 percent of the time   why because its faster  so don't bother bother powering them

So at the end of the day save the bucks and direct it towards something that is going to add pilot operational value like a real Fire Module Panel or better still dancing lessons

navymustang

By using Jrails on a 3 panel center pedestal - what are the chances of beating up your pedestal, or worse, accidentally dragging a foot across switches and breaking something that takes weeks and hundreds of dollars to fix?
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

bernard S

Gwen has a sliding tray rather than J Rails for you 73 boys who would not rather get a get over LOL

Trevor Hale

LOL you Mean Gwyn <-- LOL Gwen is a girls name ha ha ha ha
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

Philip

Quote from: blueskydriver on March 10, 2017, 10:29:00 PM
Hi Phillip,

Does your Weber Seats have the correct sliders on the bottom that will ride on the J-rails? They need the type of slider that I attached a couple of pics of. The sliders have a bearing on top that allows the slider to track the "J" shape of the rail.

If you're seats are straight rail types, why not just stick with that? I am guessing that you think it'll be a problem getting into the seat with a 3 bay pedestal, so hence the reason for the change. You might want to check with other members about this to see what they did. However, if you're going to change them anyway, to the J-rail type, please share your plans on making the modifications.

As for having any J rails, I don't have any, but if you ordered from oncealoft (Airline Pilots Historical Society), did you ask him about the sliders? You might want to call him back about that to make sure.

Have you checked with Universal Asset Management (UAM) too see if they have any? It's worth a shot. Try both locations...

Best Regards,

John

As soon as I receive them, I'll be able to tell exactly how its configured on the bottom legs. I didn't see the attached pic that you mentioned.
Yes I could do the straight rails, but I have a 3 bay pedestal and I'm sure I'd bash into it when getting in and out.

Nick from oncealoft.com has sent me some straight rail blueprints, but its not what I am planning to do.

UAM...great...thanks for the reference. When originally trying to find real seats, I emailed multiple boneyards and recycling companies, only to hear back from 1 place who was selling a real beat up seat from a 727. No cushions or anything, just the frame. Needless to say, I passed.

Quote from: bernard S on March 11, 2017, 04:39:55 AM
J Rails   bloody things should go with the seats in my view  but that aside they are often hard to find at a price point which is tolerable..my suggestion save the grief and the bucks and get them from Gwen ( I think that's how you spell his name)  why get from him...

A  They work
B  The price is outstanding value
C  Easy to install

Are people going to notice that you don't have J Rails for your floor  the answer is a big fat NO are you going to notice  NO  .... You will only notice if you are a poor dancer .. poor dancers look at their feet .. but REAL pilots are great dancers :-)  :laugh:

You have Webbers  keep them .. They are far more comfortable as they have a wider seat pan.. Are your Webbers electrically operated if so how are you going to power them and even real world pilots use the manuel over ride 99 percent of the time   why because its faster  so don't bother bother powering them

So at the end of the day save the bucks and direct it towards something that is going to add pilot operational value like a real Fire Module Panel or better still dancing lessons  :laugh:
Yes, I emailed Gwyn and he now subcontracts it out to another fellow who I am in communication with. He jacked up the prices a little. Ultimatley I will probably go with him, but I'm searching for a similar option before diving right in. Once I get the seats, I can double check how it will mount and so on, then pull the trigger.

Quote from: navymustang on March 12, 2017, 03:11:46 PM
By using Jrails on a 3 panel center pedestal - what are the chances of beating up your pedestal, or worse, accidentally dragging a foot across switches and breaking something that takes weeks and hundreds of dollars to fix?
Bingo!

blueskydriver

Hi Phillip,

Sorry about forgetting the pics, I will post them shortly. By the way, why not just use your straight rails and have someone make the rotating  sliders, as well as the J section of the J-rail and add it to the back of the straight rails. Basically, the straight and J-rails are the same in concept, all you need is enough for the seat to curve outward on both sides.

I am inside tonight, but I could get some pics of J-rails and straight ones tomorrow to show you what I'm talking about...

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

blueskydriver

Here are the pics of the slders, attached...

John

bernard S

when fitting your sliders (once have them) do not forget to add split pins those bloody nuts work themselves loose  :2cw:

blueskydriver

Hi Philip,

When are you supposed to get your seats? I am just curious to see Weber Seats setup for J-rails already; maybe, they are made that way like IPECO seats. Although, I always thought Webers were setup for straight rails because anything B737 CL is two bay ped, like the B727 models before it...I could be wrong, but it is a question to find out.

Please let us all know...

John

Philip

Got the seats a few days earlier than expected. Attached are a couple of pics, one of them showing the bottom brackets where it would be mounted to a sliding tray which fits into the J rails.

Still scouting out a couple of other cost efficient options before jumping in. Not in too much of a hurry as I am waiting for Agronn near the end of April to finish production of their new dual linked yokes, & rudder pedals.

MjTom

Hi,
I also never saw J-Rails under a Weber seat.
But I can show you the solution of another cockpitbuilder.

so long, Thomas

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate