Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 02:00:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
52 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,638
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 65
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 52
Total: 52

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Boeing 737-800 Next Generation Simulator

Started by fsaviator, March 20, 2010, 10:04:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackpilot

Good to have the "best toy" up and running hey !!!
:D

Jack

fsaviator

Yesterday I completed my first soup to nuts flight on VATSIM in a verrrrryyyy long time.  That included a VA assigned flight from KTPA, planned in PFPX, loaded through TOPCAT, flown online, and logged at conclusion with my VA.
It even included a go around due to a runway incursion just prior to touchdown at KATL.  When I signed into my VA to log the flight I noticed it was my first in SIX years....  how time flies.

Most impressive???  I've been dragging this little printer around the world for years... finally hooked it up and even printed loadsheets and routes right in the cockpit from my CDU!

Warren "FSAviator"
http://www.B737NG-Sim.com  |  https://www.facebook.com/fsaviator/
P3D45/ Prosim737 2/ ACE Dual-linked Yokes/ RevSim Proline TQ and Dual-linked Rudders/ CPFlight MCP PRO3 and EFIS'; MIP737ICS_FULL and SIDE737; Forward and Aft Overheads; Pedestal/ FDS MIP

XOrionFE

Oh, that is very cool Warren and congrats on first full flight in 6 yrs.  funny how fast the time flys by....

Scott

Sam Llorca

fsaviator

KDEN to KLAS.  Looking good.  My daughter just stuck her head in to let me know she's headed out to pick up Chinese takeout!  I replied with "great, in-flight meal service!" .  She looked at me and asked if In was crazy then told me I couldn't eat in here...????

Sent from my KFKAWI using Tapatalk

Warren "FSAviator"
P3D45/ Prosim737 2/ ACE Dual-linked Yokes/ RevSim Proline TQ and Dual-linked Rudders/ CPFlight MCP PRO3 and EFIS'; MIP737ICS_FULL and SIDE737; Forward and Aft Overheads; Pedestal/ FDS MIP

blueskydriver

Hey Warren,

How old is your daughter now, she's the one in the military right? Goodness this brings back many memories with my daughter, who is 28, married and has a 9 year old daughter of her own (granddaughter). We use to order pizza or have Karen make us some meals that we ate from the military type metal trays (almost like airline ones) while flying those simulated cross country trips.

Anyway, the idea of eating food in the sim was crazy at first too, but all the memories were worth the greasy fingerprints and the occasional spilt drinks. Just like in the real airplanes, her and I left our presence of flying, talking, eating and enjoying our time together. Even though she's no longer doing this with me, I know she's still there in spirit along with all those pizza sauce stains, crumbs of breads, and gooey leftover candies underneath the seats...

Do enjoy the time with your daughter and someday the grandchildren, you likely know time goes by so much faster as her and you get older; therefore, cheerish it all, as well as take photos and make videos. That way she can share them with her own children and even her grandchildren as she's telling them great stories of how awesome and cool her Daddy is/was!  :idiot:

Kind Regards,

John

Will you post a pic or two of you and her please? Or, a video of you both flying together would be very nice...have her say hello to all of us cockpitbuilder members!
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

fsaviator

Quote from: blueskydriver on March 17, 2019, 11:55:51 PM
Hey Warren,

How old is your daughter now, she's the one in the military right? Goodness this brings back many memories with my daughter, who is 28, married and has a 9 year old daughter of her own (granddaughter). We use to order pizza or have Karen make us some meals that we ate from the military type metal trays (almost like airline ones) while flying those simulated cross country trips.

This daughter is Cassandra, the junior in high school that is trying to convince me to move us back to Germany when I retire later this year!  She's almost 17.  The other daughter Marina, is almost 25, in the Military, and stationed in....  you guessed it!  Germany!

Anyway, the idea of eating food in the sim was crazy at first too, but all the memories were worth the greasy fingerprints and the occasional spilt drinks. Just like in the real airplanes, her and I left our presence of flying, talking, eating and enjoying our time together. Even though she's no longer doing this with me, I know she's still there in spirit along with all those pizza sauce stains, crumbs of breads, and gooey leftover candies underneath the seats...

I'm all about eating in the sim, she refuses to eat in there though, so we eat dinner together, outside the sim :-\

Do enjoy the time with your daughter and someday the grandchildren, you likely know time goes by so much faster as her and you get older; therefore, cheerish it all, as well as take photos and make videos. That way she can share them with her own children and even her grandchildren as she's telling them great stories of how awesome and cool her Daddy is/was!  :idiot:

Cassandra and I have spent more time together in the last eight years than I have spent with my wife, any of my other daughters, or my mom and dad.  We've made a ton of great memories and I have tons of pics and video!

Kind Regards,

John

Will you post a pic or two of you and her please? Or, a video of you both flying together would be very nice...have her say hello to all of us cockpitbuilder members!

If I can get her into the sim... the last time I got her into a sim and got a picture was in the Cotswold's with Ian Sissons... shortly before he passed.  The pic is Cassandra and I in Ian's sim back in the spring of 2014.
Warren "FSAviator"

jackpilot

Quote from: fsaviator on March 18, 2019, 06:29:52 PM

I'm all about eating in the sim, she refuses to eat in there though, so we eat dinner together, outside the sim :-\

When you settle for good  ::) just build a galley for that purpose !

(Love the Kleenex box on the pic)

Jack

bernard S

oh too   funny Warren and I have worked together .. only just seen a pic of him.. go figure small world ..

blueskydriver

Hey Warren,

Looks like Cassandra most likely will be the pilot in the family, and if not, she certainly will know a lot more then anyone else about what her Dad does, which is a great thing! I do envy the two of you very much...

Have you ever thought about getting her a jump seat ride; in the USA not likely, but other countries might, if you make prearrangements or know a pilot. Or least that's what I've been told by some of my pilot friends.

By the way, where is Marina stationed in Germany? K-town or where? Need to post a pic or two of her, and I'd love too see the videos of Cassandra and you flying your sim together... :idiot:

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

captain777

Quote from: fsaviator on December 04, 2017, 07:59:56 AMAn update!!!!
This may not seem like a big deal, but I finally lit the MIP.  Almost two years after packing up my sim and shipping it from Germany to Seattle then back across the US to Tampa, we have lights!!!!!!

I've upgraded the interface to an FDS SYS4X.

Baby steps.

Warren,
I bought an FDS SYS4X board for my 737NG overhead and am having a devil of a time with LED brightness (very dim) using that board. Have been chatting with the folks at FDS, but no progress so far. Did you have any LED brightness issues?  What LED's did you use on yours?  (If you can remember!).
Thanks

Thomas
(aka Captain777)
Thomas
aka Captain 777
(but I fly a 737!)

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate