Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 02:54:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
253 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 509
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 253
Total: 253

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Flyengravity order process

Started by Skysurfer170, September 29, 2017, 03:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skysurfer170

Anyone reading this got an order with FE? Or has recently received it successfully!?

I've waited 6 months. Was told by robert it will arrive in September its now October and I haven't heard from him or the company in a month. None of my dozen emails are getting returned. Telephone is just ringing. Flyengravity Facebook page is a joke the person running it reads my messages and doesn't reply to my 20 messages.

What is going on? I have sent £14000 of my money and starting to worry with ZERO communication.

jackpilot

This is really annoying especially with that much money up front.
Posting on forums is a good way to get things moving sometimes.

Jack

Caflyt

It is disappointing to see the inconsistency in the quality of service from these Companies. It seems that most (not all) are run like a second job for them and are not their main focus. Even SimWorld (which I have purchased many things from) have sort of abandoned us little guys.

Your £14000 is NOT a small purchase and they should really be more responsive when someone spends that kind of money.

Only when we STOP buying from them will they change their approach but unfortunately the word doesn't seem to spread enough to force that change.

Garys

And its for this very reason that FDS -  from the A320 project back in the pioneering days  till today would still be my number 1 go to place if I was to start all over again. Excellent products, excellent service.

Gary

Joe Lavery

I have recently bought 2 CDU's from FDS (wonderful bits of kit by the way) and was kept informed through every stage of the purchase. Which incidentally was four weeks from order to arriving at my home.

My only complaint was against the ridiculous charges levied by the UK government, in import duty, VAT and even charges made by UPS for collecting these monies.
Of course that's no fault of FDS who have absolutely nothing to do with that side of things.

As far as taking money before goods are even made, as some of you will know I've made and sold some clocks etc. but I have never asked for any money until the items were packed and ready to ship. While I understand that companies have more costs involved than us cottage industries, there are very few other industries who ask for all of the money up front. You wouldn't go into a store and pay that sort of money for perhaps a CNC machine that was to be delivered in six months time.... I know I wouldn't.

This problem in exacerbated when dealing with companies in other countries, who may have different laws regarding the recovery of money paid in advance. Even PayPal is no guarantee when trading over such extended times.
:2cw:

To conclude I must add that I have dealt with FlyEngravity in the past, both my overhead and MIP are from them, So I'm surprised to hear they are not responding.

Joe.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

Skysurfer170

Unfortunately i'm still waiting since being promised my stuff would be shipped at the start of nov.

Hes ignored all my emails, faceboom messages even though hes been online. My phone calls also and text messages. I also tried his whatsapp and hes still ignoring me after showing online.

I really hope hes not bumping me out 14000. Thats my personal savings. This is just so stressful for me. If this happens i'll be ruined as i've put so much money towards this man.

Skysurfer170

This is not resolved.

I am getting messed about AGAIN. I was promised since august my stuff would arrive. To be honest i can write a book about my experience.

He said it would be shipped at the start of NOV and i'm still waiting.

He's ignored all my messages on fb he's ignoring my calls to his office and personal number. Also ignoring my whatsapp messages.

LOOKS LIKE I JUST LOST 14000 pound

tote_320

blueskydriver

Try using a different email address and a different phone number for yourself that will not identify you or your name as the user. In the email, let the other person speak on your behalf. If all else fails, ask for your money back and go with someone else.

Did you use PayPal or go through your bank, as in bank transfer, or use a Visa, American Express or MasterCard? If so, contact them and explain the situation; especially, since you paid for a transaction of goods/services they can (may) recoup your money. With PayPal you'll have too start a transaction dispute/claim, which might take a little longer, but they have buyer protection, so you'll get your money back.

Also, for that much money, I suggest you contact a lawyer. Sometimes, just having a lawyer send the vendor a letter that states you are considering retaining counsel against them, is enough for them to refund your money...

I hope it all works out for you soon because no matter the amount of money, $1 to $1,000,000 or more the vendor is only putting themselves out of business by doing these things to you and others; especially, when they do not communicate or outright lie to their buyers...

IMHO, for a vendor, it's better to tell the truth up front instead of the "I'll do the bad deed now and ask for forgiveness later..."

Anyway, how about posting the emails back and fourth between the two of you, as well as post his address and phone number (cell phone as well) if you have it, that way people can read the facts in the emails. Then, with the phone number(s), it will help others that might also be waiting for items too be able to reach him.

Whatever you do, do not give up! In fact, email and call him every hour of every day, 24/7. Sooner or later he'll grow tired of it and fix the problem with you, so he can move on! There is an old saying "the squeaky wheel gets the oil". Thus, you need to squeak very loud and very often... Nope, that is not harassment, that is actively trying to reach someone who has £ 14000 of YOUR MONEY!

Let us know the outcome, because if the vendor is not in the wrong, that needs too be posted as well 😀

Good Luck,

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

mickc

Quote from: blueskydriver on November 18, 2017, 10:54:10 AM
Anyway, how about posting the emails back and fourth between the two of you, as well as post his address and phone number (cell phone as well) if you have it, that way people can read the facts in the emails. Then, with the phone number(s), it will help others that might also be waiting for items too be able to reach him.

I would strongly recommend against doing this.   Posting someone's private contact information in a public internet forum is a no-no, especially if you are looking at using a lawyer down the track.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

blueskydriver

I didn't say private anything, but I will rephrase...his company address, company phone number and cell number if he uses it to conduct business... There is no law against posting public information or if you prefer, just link too it...

John

Ps. Just want to make it clear that I am not hostile toward vendors; actually, I am trying too help them by saying the customer pays your bills, so make the customer happy at all costs. With todays social media, old ways of thinking for vendors are gone, you either up your game or someone else will!
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Skysurfer170

Just a quick reply guys. He got back on Saturday and he's contacting me today.

I paid my goods with bank transfer into the companys acc. I ordered the full setup - Cpflight both overheads, Pedestal and MIP, cpflight MCP / EFIS.

blueskydriver

Hopefully, he will contact you as planned, and you'll get your items. In a very respectful way, I hope he sees your postings here on Cockpit Builders and then realizes the potential severity of the matter. With 3000+ members here and how many on MYC as well as other flight simulator sites, where everyone goes from one to another to read postings, he must realize that a "BAD" word-of-mouth is about to get started against him, which isn't good at all.

Here is a good measure of a vendor's success; count how many hits you get on flight simulator websites when doing a search for different companies too buy from. If you get a lot, that means they're well known, now if you could count the negative posts versus the positive ones, you would know who to go or not go with. Regardless of the text in the post, positive or negative is the key...sounds silly yes, but statisically it can be judged that way.

For Fly Engravity to improve his imagine right now, he just needs to make you his top priority and openly explain on this thread the truth. If he has too many back orders or he is just in over his head or his kid was going to take over, but totally failed or whatever the reason, he just needs too be openly honest and show his human side. Knowingly, being human about it makes everyone understand more and not be upset because we're all human and are prone to mistakes; we just have a hard time owning up to them... :idiot:

Please let us know what happens? If he comes through for you, please post that as well, because vendors do deserve some credit when they fix things...

John

Skysurfer170

I seriously give up!!!!

Was promised he would contact me today AND NOTHING

SHOCK HORROR

blueskydriver

Send him an email with a link to this thread...

Skysurfer170

Tried it and still getting ignored

Skysurfer170

He has responded and hes been delayed in many projects that he is doing. I can't go into too much detail but he has apologised.

Seems like he is upto his neck in many projects.

Ed

Quote from: Skysurfer170 on November 22, 2017, 05:06:28 AM
He has responded and hes been delayed in many projects that he is doing. I can't go into too much detail but he has apologised.

Seems like he is upto his neck in many projects.

Hi Vernon,

Now that you seem to have his attention, if it was me I would demand a refund asap. He has caused you a whole lot of stress and anguish and still your shipping date is not secured. You have been fluffed off, ignored and even blocked. I see a disturbing pattern here. Get your money back, go with a stress free company like FDS or CP Flight. May be costlier, but stress free and you will be kept informed through out the process. With FDS you only need to put down 25% of your order. Again less stress. 

This is just my  :2cw: for what it's worth. Either way, I hope this gets resolved favorably.
P3D5.3HF2, 3 x W10 PC's, FSUIPC 6.19 ,WideFS, Prosim737 V3 ,ASP3D, Vpilot, GSXL2, Pro-ATC/X, RAAS Pro, AIG Traffic, ,PFPX, TopCat, SimSounds,  http://www.737ngxca.com/

Skysurfer170

He wrote

I noticed many messages from you, and I can fully understand you concern.?Let me state that we are still in business and continue to do so. It is absolutely not my intention to ruin you in any way by not delivering your order. I am in this business for 15 years and I still enjoy it. However as in every business sometimes things are not working as they should. As I explained to you previously. We are facing long delays on some projects and are doning all we can to have these delivered as soon as possible. I don't want to rush and make any concessions to quality however. ?In your order you had many changes and additional wishes, that needs to be designed and implemented. ??I am very busy with many things and not always able to respond within 10 minutes or a day. I get many emails and sometimes I just have to "lock" myself up to have designs finished. If I don't do that I will spend most of the days anwering emails. Not responding in a time that is expected does not mean I don't take my customers seriously. I can understand you can get upset if no replies are giving as you expect. For this I apologize.

You got my personal mobile number from someone and sent me messages and whatsapp . I am very protective when it comes to my private live. I must be or I will be called and texted 24 hours a day. Believe me I had customers calling me in the night asking how to wire a led... For me the weekend and evenings are for my kids and not for business. That's is why I did not reply on your messages.
However again I fully understand your concern when not being answered.
You invested a lot of money in your project and again in no way it is my attention to rip you off or anything like that. I like my job and I like seeing all the projects that my customers have achieved. Your additional requests have cost me many hours of designing which I did not invoiced, simply because I like doing this.

Because of all the delays, I offered you an additional 2.000 euro discount. My business partner did not agree on this, but I wanted to give you this compensation.
At this moment we are doing al we can to catch up on pending projects and have them delivered.

If I offended you I apologize again.
If you want I will reserve some time to fly to the UK to help you with installation.

Joe Lavery

Glad you got a response Vernon:  8)

I must say that sounds more like the Robert I knew and dealt with when I bought my MIP and Overhead from Engravity.
Hope it all goes ahead now and you get your flight deck up and running shortly.

Regards from not so sunny Wales:  ;D
Joe.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Skysurfer170

Cheers joe from Scotland here :) also my dad was from Wales (south)

Joe Lavery

Cardiff originally but now retired (allegedly) to Newport, a little bit closer to you.

I love Edinburgh by the way, came up to see the tattoo a couple of years ago and loved the city. 

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate