Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 12:11:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
494 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 509
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 494
Total: 494

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Correct Amber LEDs for 737 Overhead?

Started by MistyBlue, October 16, 2017, 09:15:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MistyBlue

Hey all, well, I started wiring my overhead with some FDS Amber LEDs I had left over which are of the right color and finished the first column, but ran out so I started the next column using the CockpitSimParts LEDs I got with my overhead panels set.  After I soldered about 16 PCB's with them I got to powering one up in the overhead and found, to my dismay, it is YELLOW, not Amber.  Lesson learned.  Test BEFORE spending hours soldering!

Anyway, does anyone know the correct Amber color I should use for the LEDs (wavelength, I guess)?  If you have a link to a good source, or which ones specifically FDS uses even better.

Thanks!
Tony

P.S. I've lost count how many hours I have spent on this thing, but if you ever want to test your patience and use up tons of hours, build a 737 overhead, lol.

jackpilot

Ask FDS . They would probably sell them.

Jack

MistyBlue

I would, but last time I talked to Peter he was starting to push back about buying individual parts like that so I'm hesitant to ask again.

jackpilot

If your overhead is FDS I do not see why he would'nt help

Jack

MistyBlue

It is not a FDS overhead.  I have many other FDS pieces (MIP, MCP, CDU, radios, etc) but building the overhead myself to try and save some money.  I just happened to have a few FDS LEDs lying around that I started my project with.

jackpilot

Just ask, nothing to loose, for the parts or the reference  (IMHO)

Jack

MistyBlue

Like you said, nothing to lose, so I asked.  He came through.  Now, if only I could have them yesterday!  ;D

XOrionFE

Peter and crew always come through for us.   Best vendor in the business IMHO. 

Scott

ifeliciano

Quote from: MistyBlue on October 18, 2017, 02:07:28 PM
Like you said, nothing to lose, so I asked.  He came through.  Now, if only I could have them yesterday!  ;D

Tony,

Did you get the specs, like wavelength and viewing angle on the LED or did they just sell you some LED's?

MistyBlue

Quote from: ifeliciano on October 19, 2017, 06:11:08 AM
Did you get the specs, like wavelength and viewing angle on the LED or did they just sell you some LED's?

He just sold them to me.  Didn't provide specs.

Seems like the standard viewing angle is 30 degrees.  Would be nice to know wavelength though.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate