Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 04:56:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
364 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 407
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 364
Total: 364

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Looking for Real Boeing 737 TQ Buy/Trade...

Started by blueskydriver, February 20, 2018, 03:09:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueskydriver

Hey Everyone,

I am still looking for a real B737 TQ with or without the Ped. I would like to buy or trade for one with the other cockpit items that I have for sale. Preferably, getting the TQ from someone in the US first.

So, if you have one, drop me a PM... In the mean time, look at my posted for sale items. 😁

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

blueskydriver

If anyone has a Point of Contact (POC) with the tear-down companies for a B737 TQ, please let me know as well... I'd really appreciate your help.

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

mickc

I may know a bloke who has one or 2...  See attached photo,  :D :D

I will dig up his contact details.

blueskydriver

Holy Cow Mick,

That is a lot of TQ's! So yes, please let me know the details via PM...

Thank you very much for sharing,

John

blueskydriver

Hey Everyone,

I did not provide the link for my items that are still for sale or tradeable for a real B737 TQ.

http://www.cockpitbuilders.com/community/index.php?topic=6739.0

Now, if only I can get the picture situation taken care of, but it might be another week because it's only been 6 days since my surgery. Plus, Karen is keeping me in the house too heal, as opposed to me being out in the hanger and taking chances on ripping stitches out like I have done a couple of times in the past.

She just laughs and says "I am protecting my investment, now get back in bed!"...hahaha!  :idiot:

John

Edit: Almost forgot, I still have the working real B727 TQ with 2-bay Ped and would be willing to trade it for a real B737 TQ only, as I already have a B737 3-bay Ped ready to go.

blueskydriver

Hey Everyone,

Currently, I am still looking for a B737 TQ, and what I'd like to find/buy/trade is B737 TQ that is in original shape "as removed". It can be a CL or NG, but cost wise a CL unit would likely fit the bill.

Thus, a price range would be $1,500-$2,000 for an un-touched unit; whereas, a modified unit would be more costly and that depends on what has been done. For example, is it interface ready, does it have any motorization and so on. In other words, I know a modified unit will cost me more and I'd be willing too pay more based on what has been done.

Now, I would not rule out a unit that has not been modified, yet has some minor damage. However, that is also a matter of price versus damage. I guess my best answer here is "how much needs fixing?", then we go from there.

Lastly, "trading...", guys I have full size cockpits for sale and I would be willing to trade (in some form) for a B737 TQ. Here is a thought, say you have a real B737 TQ just sitting there because you've been waiting to buy/find the other larger sections, like the MIP, Overhead, Shell and so on. Yet, I have a loaded B727-200 that's just sitting here and I am willing to do some trading...

Best Regards,

John

blueskydriver

You might see that I am looking for a real B737 Throttle Assy, yet in the pics from my items for sale you will see one there. Well, it is not exactly a true real one, it has parts from a real one, and it is more complicated to motorize; maybe, I should post pics of the insides of it.

Currently, I am not selling it, but if I find a real one to buy I will sell the one I have at a great price. Better yet, if someone wants to buy it with my other items in a package deal I would offer it.

Anyway, if someone has a real one or knows of someone who has one, please have them PM the other member Steenos (Justin) here:

http://www.cockpitbuilders.com/community/index.php?topic=6903.0

He posted his want ad right before I did. So, he has first dibs in my book, after him it'll be me...

John

Goodenough

I know other members of the CB community have already commented and I am by no means an expert so take it as my :2cw:.  The demand by sim builders for B737 TQs and any other parts has certainly risen in the last few years and it appears that it will continue as witnessed by just seeing this week how many new members have joined. I have been buying/ selling/sourcing aircraft parts for some time now and it appears that the teardown companies are less interested in removing TQs and more interested in selling complete cockpits. I have been working with a few teardown companies over the last little while and many of them have been successful in doing just that. It appears that due to demand for B737 TQs the price has increased significantly and so realistically no teardown company will remove this item for $1500. I recently found a company who had removed a NG TQ and you would not believe what they sold it for. The days of cheap B737 TQs are over. Teardown companies also do not "suffer fools gladly"

blueskydriver

navymustang

Please take a look at Concorde Aerospace here in Orlando, FL.
https://www.concordaerospace.com/

He has direct ties to all major tear down yards in the US.

And yes - I know him so there is some bias.
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

737NGer

Quote from: Goodenough on March 09, 2018, 03:09:43 PM
I know other members of the CB community have already commented and I am by no means an expert so take it as my :2cw:.  The demand by sim builders for B737 TQs and any other parts has certainly risen in the last few years and it appears that it will continue as witnessed by just seeing this week how many new members have joined. I have been buying/ selling/sourcing aircraft parts for some time now and it appears that the teardown companies are less interested in removing TQs and more interested in selling complete cockpits. I have been working with a few teardown companies over the last little while and many of them have been successful in doing just that. It appears that due to demand for B737 TQs the price has increased significantly and so realistically no teardown company will remove this item for $1500. I recently found a company who had removed a NG TQ and you would not believe what they sold it for. The days of cheap B737 TQs are over. Teardown companies also do not "suffer fools gladly"

Hi Perry,

I've sent you a PM regarding the NG TQ.

Cheers,
Youssef

Goodenough

blueskydriver

Thanks Perry, it looks really nice and it's striking my curiosity...

John

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate