Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 02:45:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
54 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,638
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 65
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 54
Total: 54

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Concerning Trend...or Not?

Started by FredK, January 19, 2021, 03:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bernard S

Fred if such an undertaking was to take place i agree 2 minimum but alas should i venture down this road it is certain death

RayS

An observation was made in this thread that pretty much everyone is flying a 737.

There's nothing wrong with that, at all. I decided to build something unique. I already had the Carenado B1900 so that's the direction I went and it's been a gratifying experience.

However, with online and multiplayer events becoming the norm with the release of 2020, I find myself in a bind. I'm too fast to multi with the C-172s, the Pitts, and the recreational aircraft, yet too slow to join in on the fun when a group of Airbus/Boeing drivers get online for multi-player.

There's a happy medium with VATSIM though.. I flew in Last Friday's FNO event and it was a blast. I filed as a /S (Should have been a /A instead).

ATC already had their hands full with dozens of tube liners heading into the focus field, then here *I* come, low and slow and no RNAV capability.

It was great fun, but I still long for a 737 or something.

Maybe I'll build a bigger garage!
Ray Sotkiewicz

kurt-olsson

Jeeeez... the tempo in this forum has really slowed down... :(

Is anyone building?

Me? Doing the T-Bar on my OVH frame.

navymustang

I'm building 6 hours a day, struggling with helicopter flight and engine systems in P3D.
What a mess. Having to completely write my own engine model that runs within the gauges so I can have a somewhat correct representation of values on the gauges. Sure wish there was a "good" helo model.
To me, "good" means accurate turbine engine model and somewhat accurate flight dynamics. Not "fun or easy" to fly as many desire, that's not important to me.
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

kurt-olsson

Quote from: navymustang on April 08, 2021, 01:34:21 PMTo me, "good" means accurate turbine engine model and somewhat accurate flight dynamics. Not "fun or easy" to fly as many desire, that's not important to me.

Cool! Sounds like a challange! :)
Did you sell your 737 simulator?

bernard S

allison 250   they will give you dyamics

navymustang

Yes, I sold the 737-800. It is in the Miami area now.
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

blueskydriver

The tempo normally slows down from Memorial to Labor Day Weekends; however, with the state of things in the world, it's a little bit more than usual.

And, some folks are so deep into building their sim and/or working with MSFS 2020 or XP 11.? that they may not post as much right now.... ;D

John

Edit: I meant to say "from" and "to"
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

kurt-olsson

Just nice to hear from all the nice folks in here! =)

Hope you are doing well John!

bernard S

not me    am building a fighter:-)

jackpilot

If slow here, not bad news actually.
Some forums are red hot, but on FS2020  with questions like :"I do not see the recent jam in the Suez canal, how come ! etc etc.
Let's continue to build quietly... :P

Jack

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate