Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 03, 2024, 01:28:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
554 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 831
  • Online ever: 831
  • (Today at 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 554
Total: 554

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Been buying. Will it work?

Started by NAX228, October 14, 2009, 08:26:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAX228

Hi sirs
I have been spending some cash lately and really wonder how much I have to alter to get it working with FDS (FlightDeckSoftware).
I have been looking for a MIP for quite some time now, and finally bought one last week. This MIP is brand new, never used, but still bought as "used"... good deal ;) It's the dual seat trainer from Cockpitsonic, but i did not buy the TQ on the pic.

I have not got an answer to witch card is used to interface after several mails, but maybe some of you know?
Hope of course its plug'n'play ;) , but there might be some work to get it going with FDS as well. FDS supports a wide range of cards, but not all.

The other thing I bought was a complete pedestall including all radios (CPFlight), firepanel etc. etc. Here's some pics.

Overhead is recived from www.simworld.pl, but is still in pieces. Nice looking panels:

Question of the day:
What card does Cockpitsonic deliver with this build? http://www.cockpitsonic.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage_images.tpl&product_id=117&category_id=25&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=27

-------------------
1 step forward, 2 steps back...

Trevor Hale

Hey Nax..

I would think that the Radio's and the pedestal will be all USB (Plug and Play).  The Main Instrument panel, may not come with an interface, but if it does, you may be looking at an OpenCockpits SIOC Setup.

Perhaps someone else can jump in here to help you out. 

Fantastic Buy, and ask as many questions as you like, we will help you get it all running.

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

NAX228

I know I've done a few good deals here, but still set me back a lot of do'.
The radios is just to plug into my CPFlight MCP so that bit is OK.
The MIP comes with a card that have a USB connection, but I don't know witch card that is.
Even got a mail from cockpitsonic today, but they more or less refuse to answer my Q. Talked with another one that have the same MIP (for sale actually) but he didn't know eighter.
Also talked with Bart at FDS today. FDS and CS have some contact regarding implementing support for this (mystery)board, but FDS has not recived any data to work with.
As far as plugging it in to a default FS machine, most functions will work, except AFDS & Six-pack.

One solution is getting a SYS board from Flightdeck Solutions and rewire, but I will await that one a while. I guess FDS will get full support if I just give them some time.
-------------------

jackpilot

AFDS and SixPack need a specific soft logic to work, FS does not drive them.
As far as I know..

Jack

dnoize

The USB card is probably cockpit sonics own card, the Tempest breakoutbox.

I dont see any references of it on their site anymore, maybe they stopped selling it ?

If Bart from Flightdecksoftware does not receive information or a testboard from CS its unlikely he will implement it. Especially if its an end of life product.

Have you also considered the cpflight mip board ? Is supported by flighdecksoftware, interfaces the full MIP and no configuration needed.

The radios will all work with Flightdecksoftware except the modes selector of the transponder, thats work in progress.

Do you have a picture of the interface board ?

Stef

NAX228

Both FDS and CS advertise the are compatible, but FDS has modified it to :
Hardware suport:
- Cockpitsonic: MCP - EFIS - NAV/COM/ADF radios (as soon as CS releases their new driver)

...and further on:

We are working on the following support:
- Other cockpitsonic modules

I do have weekly contact with Bart, so I'll follow up this progress.

FDS do have some but not full support for the MIP board from CPFlight, so I didn't wanna buy that one. I have the MCPEX1 board, but haven't got a clue what I shall use it for. I see a lot of buttons and annunciators in the pedestal that's not weird up, so I hope I can put it to use to something there.

I have not recived the MIP yet, hopefully during next week, so I have no pic of the board.
-------------------

dnoize

as far as i know most parts are supported.

du selectors, n1 and speed ref settings, auto brake selector, landing gear. just some annunciators are (still) missing.

I believe the mcpexe board doesnt work at all.

I'm supposed to meet bart next week, will pop this question (about mip board and cs board) to him.

Stef

NAX228

Quote from: dnoize on October 15, 2009, 11:01:30 AM

I'm supposed to meet bart next week, will pop this question (about mip board and cs board) to him.

Stef

Great!
-------------------

NAX228

Since the TQ from Revolution came today, I update my post with a few pics.

-------------------

XOrionFE

Looks like the makings for a great setup!

Keep sending updates.

Scott

jskibo

Very nice!!!!

That large Crate with a French accent looks very familiar :) 

I would Guess UPS had their hand out before they would turn it over :)
Less than 4 years to retirement......

NAX228

They did'nt, but I expect to find it on the custom invoice.
-------------------

fsaviator

Sorry... deleted my post...  I really need to look at the dates of the post before I try to help ::)
Warren "FSAviator"
http://www.B737NG-Sim.com  |  https://www.facebook.com/fsaviator/
P3D45/ Prosim737 2/ ACE Dual-linked Yokes/ RevSim Proline TQ and Dual-linked Rudders/ CPFlight MCP PRO3 and EFIS'; MIP737ICS_FULL and SIDE737; Forward and Aft Overheads; Pedestal/ FDS MIP

NAX228

hehe... And I'm sorry to. I should make a new post on updates.
-------------------

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate