Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 09:57:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
332 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 368
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 332
Total: 332

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Bodnar BU-0836X Game Controller

Started by sagrada737, November 06, 2020, 02:30:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sagrada737

Hello All,

I had an issue with my Bodnar BU-0836X Controller module that I thought would be good to share here.

For my recently installed Yoke/Control Column system, I used the Bodnar BU-0836X game controller.  I bought two of these units many years ago in anticipation of using them for the Sim controls.  Recently, I found that one of them stopped working, and was not recognized by Windows 10 as a hardware device.

Since these units were sitting around for years, I decided to Flash the BU-0836X unit to renew its settings.  This was straight forward with the directions provided on the Bodnar web site using the HIDFlash utility.  My units required Bodnar Firmware V1for the BU-0836X.  Anyway...  I Flashed the unit and it was recognized by Windows 10 and FSUIPC within P3D.

Then, for no apparent reason, all my Yoke/Control Column functions stopped working.   It turned out that the BU-0836X unit reverted back to its "BootLoader mode", which seemed strange.   So, I again used the HIDFlash utility to reinstall the Firmware V1.  The unit was once again recognized by the Sim computer, and also worked correctly with the previously set FSUIPC calibration settings.

So, I guess the point of sharing this with you is...   If your Bodnar game controller seems to stop working, try reinstalling its Firmware.   This approach worked for me.

By the way...   It is always good to power down the Bodnar game controllers before you connect any switches or potentiometers.  Not doing so, seems to cause problems.

Mike
Full-scale 737-800 Sim; P3d v5.3x with Sim-Avionics (two computers), FDS MIP,  FlightIllusion hardware.  3-Optoma ZH406ST Laser HD projectors, with 4K inputs from a single Nvidia RTX-4090 GPU (new), resulting in a 210 deg wrap-around display.  6dof Motion Platform using BFF 6dof motion software, driven by a Thanos Servo Controller to 6.2 KW Servos, Lever type actuators.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate