Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 03, 2024, 11:06:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
496 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 527
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 496
Total: 496

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

737 sight ref pic

Started by MLeavy737, July 07, 2010, 04:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MLeavy737

Hello all,
  I remember someone was asking for a reference pic of what it looks like out the window from the pilots eyes. I took a pic pushing back the other day out of Houston and figured this may help setting up displays or adjusting some height parameters. This is exactly where i sit when flying. In the right seat (for now :) ) and being able to just see the top of the nose cone as you can see in the pic. I figured this would be better having some things outside the window like vans, people and baggage carts to help with the view. Anyhow, here it is.. hope it helps.

Mike Leavy
The 737 800/900... Fastest airplane with the gear down!

Bob Reed

Thanks for taking the time to do that Mike!

Boeing Skunk Works

Do the newer NG's still have the eyepoint alignment balls on the center support?
Why yes...I am a rocket scientist...

Boeing, Collins, Gables, Sperry, PPG, Korry, Pacific Scientific, Honeywell

MLeavy737

Quote from: Boeing Skunk Works on July 08, 2010, 03:33:27 AM
Do the newer NG's still have the eyepoint alignment balls on the center support?

No, nothing there. Not sure when they stopped that but that would be nice to have. All i do is back out the rudder pedals to max aft, crank them back in 3 turns then adjust the seat forward so my legs on the pedals are comfortable. Then i raise the seat so i can see just down the nosecone. Works everytime. Ohh and thats just for takeoff and landing. Any other time the seat is full back to enhance relaxation :)

Mike Leavy

Efe

This is the pilot eye reference parameters that we use on the NG.

The pilot positions him/herself such that he/she can see down the length of the 'dashboard' (slanted surface above EFISs and MCP) and the bottom corner of the MIP over the top of the yoke in its default position.

MLeavy737

Hey guys keep in mind this pic was just for adjusting the outside view. Kinda getting the idea of how high the airplane sits above the ground and what it looks like outside the glass. I see some visuals on 737's that look like its taken from a 172 cockpit height. Someone was asking for a pic from the pilots eyes. Hope ya see it.

Mike Leavy

jackpilot

You are right Mike, I  find that the "Sim" front view of the 73 does not look high enough even if  the Eyepoint is adjusted to the max height. Just switch to a heavy like the 77 to see the difference.

Jack

Boeing Skunk Works

Someone here asked for a shot of the seat/throttle/yoke relationship in the flying position and I posted this for them.

Don't know if it will do any good for your sims, but here it is.

Why yes...I am a rocket scientist...

Boeing, Collins, Gables, Sperry, PPG, Korry, Pacific Scientific, Honeywell

Benja

Quote from: MLeavy737 on July 07, 2010, 04:00:00 PM
Hello all,
  I remember someone was asking for a reference pic of what it looks like out the window from the pilots eyes. I took a pic pushing back the other day out of Houston and figured this may help setting up displays or adjusting some height parameters. This is exactly where i sit when flying. In the right seat (for now :) ) and being able to just see the top of the nose cone as you can see in the pic. I figured this would be better having some things outside the window like vans, people and baggage carts to help with the view. Anyhow, here it is.. hope it helps.

Mike Leavy

Mike,

I know that right before the takeoff roll is probably the busiest time, but is there any chance of the same pic as you posted when you are sitting at the end of the runway?

Thanks.

Regards
Ben
Upsetting my fiancee one purchase at a time

Sean

Quote from: sas541 on July 12, 2010, 02:00:43 AM
I know that right before the takeoff roll is probably the busiest time,

Nah, that's what the other bloke's there for.

jackpilot

ATC "Mike Lima 737, did you copy"
ML737 "Affirmative, lined up and holding,.. cant get the cap off that fk lens..."

Jack

MLeavy737

Quote from: sas541 on July 12, 2010, 02:00:43 AM
Quote from: MLeavy737 on July 07, 2010, 04:00:00 PM
Hello all,

Mike Leavy

Mike,

I know that right before the takeoff roll is probably the busiest time, but is there any chance of the same pic as you posted when you are sitting at the end of the runway?

Thanks.

Regards
Ben

Yeah i can get one, half the time its position and hold for a few min anyhow. You will just have to make sure you compare your sim view to the same runway because when you start changing the width of the runway the perspective changes a whole lot. Ill let you know where the pic is from when i get one. Give me a little time to get one, im off for a little bit then go into the sim for recurrent. Ill get it though.

Funny comments guys! lol.. thanks for the laugh! :)

Mike Leavy

Benja

Mike,

Excellent. I will wait for the pic, as i am sure it will help me to adjust the height above ground with the eyepoint correctly if i use the same runway.

Thanks a lot.

Regards
Ben
Upsetting my fiancee one purchase at a time

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate