Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 03, 2024, 05:33:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
555 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 831
  • Online ever: 831
  • (Today at 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 555
Total: 555

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Throttle out for delivery

Started by jskibo, July 20, 2010, 05:00:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jskibo

UPS is saying my revolution simproduct TQ is out for delivery.  Can't wait to get my hands on it today.  WIll post some pics when it arrives! 

Of course I'll be desk flying as nothing is set up........
Less than 4 years to retirement......

ian@737ng.co.uk

captain.......
you are just going to be 'blown away' with it.
congratulations......
hope you get it early and the wait is over  ;D
look forward to your photo's
regards from wales ...  ian
FS9 - PMDG/Prosim737 - Pokeys - Lots of BU0836X and a BEER FRIDGE :D

jskibo

Just arrived and unpacked.  Can't test fly until later, but it looks awesome!
Its the low cost motorized version, but I added backlighting and the pro trim wheels to it. 

Very nice quality, good fit and finish!
A few pictures:

Well packed

....and of course UPS stuck me with their $58.19 customs clearing fee

Bob Reed

Waiting for the test fly reporot!

jskibo

Won't be tonight, they didn't give me the scripts for SOIC....sigh

JWS

Quote from: jskibo on July 20, 2010, 04:46:28 PM
Won't be tonight, they didn't give me the scripts for SOIC....sigh

Oops,  well just a little bit more patience, some fine tuning and believe me, you're in for a treat.

JWS

Speedbird17

I ordered mine back in November last year. Getting extremely jealous of you guys who have theirs already!!

Ralph
Ralph
London, UK
www.737-800bbj.com

Increasing Success by Lowering Expectations

jskibo

I spent a good 90 minutes late Saturday night / early Sunday morning having it programmed over the web by them.  So far its running good.  A little more tweaking on the trim wheel speed and all will be well. 

Now I haven't selected my Glass software yet, so I'm simply running it with the stock 737 (and some other planes) at this point.  Leaning towards the Flight Deck Software folks from a price point, though I do want to demo them all.  The difference in pric between them and SA or PM almost pays for my MIP.

Really liking this throttle and its definately worth the wait!!!

jackpilot

Learned from experience:

You have to be very selective when you chose your software.
It is the most important part of your sim, much more than panels and switches, because if you are not satisfied with its performance and compatibility, the rest of the Sim is just eyecandy!.

Also, do not underestimate the kind of network and the number of computers you will need to run that software, as it i is a  cost issue which is rarely taken into account at first.
Check that all aircraft systems are modeled and work fine.

Spend your money on the right computers and the best software, the rest can wait or be built progressively.

Jack

NAX228

QuoteThe difference in pric between them and SA or PM almost pays for my MIP.

Hehe... quite a few have found out just that the last couple of months.
Do demo them all as you say, but regarding FlightDeckSoftware we will help you answering every question you got over at our forum. I have had this software since 2008 and it has really come a long way even there still is functions to be implemented down the line.
The developer aims to get every functions regarding system simulation in there in the end, and he has come far. I guess it will still take a year or two before every bit and pieces is 100%, but we even by now have a flyable software.
-------------------
1 step forward, 2 steps back...

jackpilot

Quote from: NAX228 on July 27, 2010, 04:38:41 AM

Do demo them all as you say, but regarding FDS we will help you answering every question you got over at our forum.

Just a note Guys, to maintain the top level of this Forum and its members.

We all came to know FDS as Flightdeck Solutions, in order to avoid any misunderstanding I think Flightdeck Software should be refered to as something else than FDS.
In this thread comparing software, NAX comment regarding"FDS" could be interpreted asdealing with  SimA from FDS, and not Flightdeck Software .

Just to make things as smooth as they have always been here.! :laugh:

Jack

Bob Reed

Quote from: jackpilot on July 27, 2010, 04:23:37 PM
Quote from: NAX228 on July 27, 2010, 04:38:41 AM

Do demo them all as you say, but regarding FDS we will help you answering every question you got over at our forum.

Just a note Guys, to maintain the top level of this Forum and its members.

We all came to know FDS as Flightdeck Solutions, in order to avoid any misunderstanding I think Flightdeck Software should be refered to as something else than FDS.
In this thread comparing software, NAX comment regarding"FDS" could be interpreted asdealing with  SimA from FDS, and not Flightdeck Software .

Just to make things as smooth as they have always been here.! :laugh:

I agree 100% I had to read it twice to get what was what....  :huh: But hey... I never said I was smart....

NAX228

-------------------
1 step forward, 2 steps back...

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate