Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 03, 2024, 08:30:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
479 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 491
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 479
Total: 479

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

PMDG Customer support

Started by Bob Reed, July 20, 2010, 08:59:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Reed

Well as most of you know I have been out of the sim thing for a while now. Going on 3 years. As I have posted here I have become re involved over the last few weeks. BUT.. much to my surprise, I am finding I am out a lot of my hard earned money that I used to pay for a lot of software purchase over the years. I will share the most recent and probably the most aggravating one. $20.00 add on.. Not much but start adding a number of them together... PMDG.... The 1900D I can not find the order number and just 2 months ago stopped using the email I used to order all this stuff on. I did find the order confirmation number...  Here is  part of the email exchange with Them....

Sent: Sat, 17 Jul 2010 18:25:50 -0500
To: Re-Downloads
Subject: Want to download it again

I did find an order confirmatrion number will this help? 78xxxxxxxxxx

There response:

Bob,

Unfortunately,  that isn't anything close to an order ID from our system.  It would be a five or six digit number that should have been sent in the order email you recieved when you purchased.

Regards
Paul Gollnick
Manager Customer/Technical Support
Precision Manuals Development Group
www.precisionmanuals.com

Notice the "this is not a order number".. Ya think? I told them in the email it was a conformation number....

My replay:

Sent: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 21:09:50 -0500
To: "'PMDG Product Replacement'" <ReDownload@precisionmanuals.com>
Subject: RE: [267-13BEC7BE-063F] Want to download it again

Well it is not an order ID it is an order confirmation number.. Your system
issued it. It is a screen shot from the order I made and the date of the
file is 08/07/2003

Bob Reed

There response:

Bob,

That Order Confirmation appears to be from our old E-commerce system from before October 2004.   Unfortunately,  the orders from the system used before October 2004, is no longer accessible and the only way to recover products purchased before that date is to repurchase the product.  Sorry to disappoint.

Regards
Paul Gollnick
Manager Customer/Technical Support
Precision Manuals Development Group
www.precisionmanuals.com

Sorry to disappoint...... That is the best they can do for a paying customer.......

So today I decide ok I will go back and buy it.. The have deleted my account..... Yes I did tell them I would no longer buy any of their products.... and also told them I would be turning over a list of software vender's to the Attorney General, which I have done, that have treated me like this.... And now I will start to make some noise about it...

ian@737ng.co.uk

hi, bob.......
no worries, i can let you have a copy if you need it.....
pm me and i'll sort you out  ;D
seems to me that e-commerce, while sounding the way to go, dumps you
after the $$$'s have been charged.
what ever happened to the days when you could communicate with the man in the shop !!!
rgds ... ian
FS9 - PMDG/Prosim737 - Pokeys - Lots of BU0836X and a BEER FRIDGE :D

Aerosim Solutions

Hi Bob, when I read "PMDG Customer support" I laughed out loud! There has never been such a contradiction in terms! I waited for the "Coming soon" NGX for three years before giving up on this sad outfit. I contacted them as a writer for Computer Pilot magazine and didn't even get a reply. I then sent a test email enquiring about the availability of some software as a potential purchaser and got an instant response. This crew have ignored the needs of cockpit builders for years so they probably haven't got a clue how many of us there are now. It's Sim Avionics for me from now on, by the time 737NGX is released we'll all be simulating hyperdrive interplanetary warp factor 15 spacecraft!!!

GP
Boeing 737NG using Prepar3D v4.5, Prosim737, FDS SYS cards, FDS CDUs, CP Flight MCP Pro & EFIS Pro & Aerosim Solutions hardware of course!<br />Check out my website here -<br />http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au

ian@737ng.co.uk

hi chaps........
Gwyn was laughing at 'Customer support' and reckoned it was a contradiction in terms.
is that a bit  like 'Military intelligence'  ?   ;D   ;D   ;D
FS9 - PMDG/Prosim737 - Pokeys - Lots of BU0836X and a BEER FRIDGE :D

Trevor Hale

Yes Ian, that and "Postal Service" as well :)
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate