Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 03, 2024, 10:57:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
494 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 527
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 494
Total: 494

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Front view - 2 or 3 monitors?

Started by TorbenJA, July 21, 2010, 07:17:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TorbenJA

Hi

Right now I wonder which way to go:

1. 3 17" monitors ( 4:3 ) with Tripplehead2Go or
2. 2 23" widescreen monitors couppled directly to the videocard+Win7+FSX

Any good thoughts?

yours

Torben Andersen

Bob Reed

Quote from: TorbenJA on July 21, 2010, 07:17:25 AM
Hi

Right now I wonder which way to go:

1. 3 17" monitors ( 4:3 ) with Tripplehead2Go or
2. 2 23" widescreen monitors couppled directly to the videocard+Win7+FSX

Any good thoughts?

yours

Torben Andersen

From experience..... Don;t go with just 2 monitors for your front view and here is why... I am assuming you will set them at about a 30deg angle in a "V" so the center will be the monitor cases (bezels) and for all but one part of the flight this is not too bad... But during approach..... Yes very important part of flight you can not see the runway.. It is behind the bezels! Did this for a couple years with 2 42" plasmas... Great picture just nasty on approach.. 3 monitors is the way to go.

Joe Lavery

I agree with Bob, having gone the same route with just two monitors for a few months. As Bob said you simply can't see the runway unless you punch the rudder when you want to see how the approach is going  ??? not ideal!!!

I now have a TH2Go with 3 19" monitors bought from e-bay for £79.00 each... Much better. After visiting Mr Sissons a couple of weeks ago I'm going to add two more using WideView, it gives an even more realistic simulation.

Regards

Joe.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

Kennair

Definitely 3 screens Torben.  In fact go 3 x 23" with a digital TH2GO in widescreen mode for much better viewing then add two more using Wideview as Joe suggests and you've got it all covered.

Ken.
Intel i73770K | 16Gb RAM | GTX680 | Win7-64 | TH2GO | 3 x 42" FHD LCD TV's | FDS CDU | OC MCP, EFIS, COMMS | Aerosim Throttle | Sim-Avionics DSTD+ | FSX P3D XP10 | FTX | FSGRW | REX2E | Aivlasoft EFB| PFPX | FTG |Kennair

TorbenJA

Thank you very much, all of you, for your opinions. I'll go for the 3 monitor view then. Limited space reduces the options (having 1.2m for the monitors). The reason for me to choose the 17" is the Samsung E1720N having a very narrow bezel, but I'll investigate further  :)

yours

Torben

jackpilot

Remember too that 26" and over HDTV are pretty cheap now and will give you a far bigger coverage of the front view real estate!

Jack

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate