Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 03, 2024, 08:25:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
515 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 831
  • Online ever: 831
  • (Today at 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 515
Total: 515

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Flight Illusion ....better be good for the wait...

Started by XOrionFE, July 23, 2010, 11:38:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XOrionFE

I sure hope Flight Illusion gauges are worth the wait.   I placed an order on April 26th and was told when I asked lead times that it would be 8-9 weeks.    I was well aware of the long wait so made sure I placed the order well in advance of need.   Well guess what...going on 13 weeks and still hasnt even shipped.    Not only that I was reading some of their warranty fine print and they say that the 1 year warranty on their product begins from time of order!!!   Can you believe that?  That means that by the time they even show up at my house I have lost a quarter or more of the warranty period.   I hate to say it but I am beginning to wish I had gone with another vendor on these.   

Someone please tell me to relax and that these are worth it :-(

Trevor Hale

I will be the first person to tell you to relax..  I have full confidence in Mark, and I assure you they will come through with what you requested.  Perhaps you should drop him a friendly reminder..  (IE DON'T Quote the warranty thing LOL)  They will look after you if you have troubles which you won't.

If I am wrong, then I won't be afraid to admit it, but I have had nothing but AMAZING experiences with their products and compared to SIMKITS they are 1 million times better.

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

ivar hestnes

They are nice gauges, but 1 year warranty from order time sounds strange to me. Bet that is not even legal in Europe.
I usually recommend people to buy them through Aviationmegastore.com. They have normally stock of this at the same prices, and they ship instantly ;)

XOrionFE

Thanks for the reassurance guys.   I am not even close to needing them yet so dont mind waiting longer but the warranty thing is a little nerve racking.   

Ivar, I usually buy everything from Aviation Megastore and can heartily recommend them to everyone.  Their service is fantastic as is their ecommerce site.   I actually looked to buy the guages there first but they were out of stock without any ETA so I figured I would just get them ordered direct.  Funny thing is that about 3 weeks after I ordered direct Aviation Megastore had more come in.  They must have had an order for restock placed on a much earlier production run.

Anyway, I am sure they will be great.   Thanks again for boosting my confidence.

BTW - Ivar, thanks for the additions on your site.    It is one of my favorite stopping points and I was missing it while it was down :-)

Speedbird17

My overhead panel set have been on order for about the same time. but I am not worrying unduly. Their communication with me is timely and having bought from them before I have no issues with the delay. Rest assured that you will be delighted when they arrive.

Ralph
Ralph
London, UK
www.737-800bbj.com

Increasing Success by Lowering Expectations

XOrionFE

I spoke with Mark and there was some delays but hopefully on track now.  Waiting doesn't bother me but lack of communication is always the thing that puts me on tilt.  Anyway...all is good.  Thank you for the further reassurance in my choice Ralph.

Scott

ETomlin

Quote from: XOrionFE on July 26, 2010, 05:20:14 PM
...lack of communication is always the thing that puts me on tilt... 
Scott

YES. I know. We both do, dont we Scott? Glad that's over and done with. Hopefully you will get your parts soon :-)

Glad you and I made it through that crap together.
Eric Tomlin
Flight Line Simulations
www.FlightLineSimulations.com (new site)
Integral Lighted Panels, Products, Consultation, & Suppliers

Speedbird17

Quote from: XOrionFE on July 26, 2010, 05:20:14 PM
I spoke with Mark and there was some delays but hopefully on track now.  Waiting doesn't bother me but lack of communication is always the thing that puts me on tilt.  Anyway...all is good.  Thank you for the further reassurance in my choice Ralph.

Scott

Hi Scott

My overhead gauges arrived last Thursday, installed and operational by Saturday. They are amazing. Such fun to watch the Cabin Differential pressure gauge do what it's supposed to do when climbing/descending. 8)

Photos here:

http://www.simfest.co.uk/index.asp?page=pics10

Cheers
Ralph

Ralph
London, UK
www.737-800bbj.com

XOrionFE

Mine arrived now as well.  Havent hooked up yet but they look awesome.

Speaking of awesome...your sim is absolutely stunning Ralph!

Thanks for the pictures.

Trevor Hale

Told ya Boys..  FI Stuff is top notch stuff.

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

shaneb

Hey Scott,

Looking forward to a review on your FI products later . . I plan on using a couple of their products in my build.   
Intel i7-4960X LGA 2011 / Asus Rampage Blk edition MB / EVGA Geforce Titan Blk video card / Corsair Vengeance 2400mhz 32GB / EVGA 1300w PSU / Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD / WD Black series 1TB 7200rpm HD / CoolerMaster Seidon 240 liquid cooler /  CoolerMaster 932 HAF case / Windows 7 Pro 64

Speedbird17

Quote from: Trevor Hale on August 10, 2010, 02:56:04 AM
Told ya Boys..  FI Stuff is top notch stuff.

Trev

Absolutely agree Trevor. They are well worth waiting for.
They are also easy to set up. I have mine running with Sim-Avionics software.

Ralph
Ralph
London, UK
www.737-800bbj.com

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate