Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 03, 2024, 04:00:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
562 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 831
  • Online ever: 831
  • (Today at 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 562
Total: 562

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Aircraft for FS

Started by Bob Reed, August 05, 2010, 09:17:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Reed

I am thinking about building an aircraft for FS.. Can some one point me in the right direction of where to get started? Software, tutorials whatever you could provide would be great!

Joe Lavery

Hi Bob,

I've used FSDS (Flight SImDesign Studio) from Abacus and of course Gmax that used to come as part of the FS install. If you hve no background in CAD you have a steep learning curve to go through, but like the rest of this hobby it can be quite rewarding.

There are loads of tutorials on FlightSim.com and I beleive there's a forum for FSDS as well.
I'll see if I can find a few links for you.

Regards
Joe.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

rt72

Bob Reed

Thanks guys. I can use all the help I can get. I need to build a KA B200 that is more builder friendly then the one I am using. I can program EPIC, build a sim, I should be able to do this. I have a little experience with 3d cad stuff and Blender. So

Joe Lavery

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

Bob Reed

Bob Reed

Ok Now does anyone know where to find good drawings of the KA B200? I have been looking for hours!

ETomlin

Bob, to save you a bit of time and effort, I have to say that building a visual model (and even a new .air file) wont really help with your sim as far as interfacing goes. If you find a -200 that you like, you are already going to have to use default FS systems unless you familiar with gauge programming (which you may be) and then you also can disable the custom autopilot and use the default FS controls (if you were considering the Aeroworx a/c and it's a pain to interface to their autopilot). Ive got some helpful info for you if you'd like to talk about it that Ive picked up on as we've developed JET45 AAS. PM me and I will give you a call if you like.

However, the links above are good places to start. Also, you are right- you can do all that other stuff and with time you can do this too! We are a very capable group of lads, are we not?!
Eric Tomlin
Flight Line Simulations
www.FlightLineSimulations.com (new site)
Integral Lighted Panels, Products, Consultation, & Suppliers

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate