Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 03, 2024, 08:38:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
475 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 491
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 475
Total: 475

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

737 Flap Gate

Started by Joe Lavery, August 10, 2010, 09:31:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Lavery

While I've got your attention, do any of you guys have an accurate drawing of the flap gate for a 737. There are so many floating about both here and elsewhere on the net but a definitive one would be really helpful.

Cheers
Joe.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

jackpilot

That's all I can dig from my files. Obviously from Spain. Cant remember who.
Hope it helps.

Jack

Joe Lavery

Thanks jack that looks more like the real thing than I have at the moment, although I did take some measurements from Ian Sissons throttle a couple of weeks ago.

What would be nice, if Mike could take us a clear shot from the side of the TQ  ;), there doesn't  seem to be anything like that on Airliners.com. Then I could scale it up in CAD.

Thanks again Jack,

Cheers
Joe.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

MLeavy737

I have a real TQ Here at the house. Ya just need a pic from the side?

Mike Leavy
The 737 800/900... Fastest airplane with the gear down!

Joe Lavery

Yes please Mike and if you could give me one measurment for reference that would be brilliant. I wil create a CAD drawing of the flap gate and post it here for everyone who needs it   :)

Thank again

Joe.

MLeavy737

Just looking at my throttles and i noticed the trim wheels are basically a good view of the flap track. The wheels on NG airplanes are smaller so i can get a picture in a few days or so when i go back to work. I would take the trim wheel off mine but they were completely rebuilt by NorthernFlightSim and i dont want to stir things up with that!

Mike Leavy
The 737 800/900... Fastest airplane with the gear down!

Joe Lavery

That's fine Mike, there's no real urgency, I can wait until it's convenient but thansk again.

Regards
Joe.

NAX228

I guess a shot from my Revolution TQ should be accurate? Could be fun to compare anyway.

it measures 18,7 cm from tip to tip,
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e55/gosttveit/11082010047.jpg
-------------------
1 step forward, 2 steps back...

Joe Lavery

Thanks NAX,

I'll use that as a starting point and see how much it differs from the image Mike supplies.

One thing I've noticed, in the real gates each slot is slightly tapered towards the top and the bottom of the slot is almost flat, not rounded; but perhaps I'm getting too pedantic. after all as my friend Ian says "it's a simulator we're not building a Boeing".  ;)

jackpilot

Just a funny note
It's not because Boing did it one way that it has to be the best way...!
We do not have to fight the red tape that Boeing has to contend with and we can improve at will.

End of wisdom talk!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Have a good one guys,

Jack

Joe Lavery

Well taking Jack's philosophy on board and Nax228 measurements, I've completed a CAD drawing of the flap gate. I'm sure it's not perfect but it's a starting point... Comments please  ;)

Joe.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate