Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 03, 2024, 08:36:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
475 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 491
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 475
Total: 475

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

DC motors source?

Started by matta757, August 12, 2010, 03:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fordgt40

Hessel

That was a good link for a slip clutch, however, sadly it it not man enough for a full sized throttle. I am converting a Symulatory throttle to DC motors contolled by OC cards. When the throttles are fully forward you need 80n-cm to full them back against gravity. So, if we used the Conrad clutch with a max of 30n-cm then the clutch would always break and the throttles not move - hence the option of manual overide is completely lost. I do not doubt that if lightweight construction was used then it may be ok, but not sadly in my case

Thanks anyway

David

matta757

Quote from: fordgt40 on August 22, 2010, 08:32:20 AM
Hessel

That was a good link for a slip clutch, however, sadly it it not man enough for a full sized throttle. I am converting a Symulatory throttle to DC motors contolled by OC cards. When the throttles are fully forward you need 80n-cm to full them back against gravity. So, if we used the Conrad clutch with a max of 30n-cm then the clutch would always break and the throttles not move - hence the option of manual overide is completely lost. I do not doubt that if lightweight construction was used then it may be ok, but not sadly in my case

Thanks anyway

David

David,

Thank you for pointing this out, as I clearly do not understand the 80n-cm vs. 30n-cm thing.

Regards,
Matt

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate