Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 03, 2024, 06:06:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
553 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 831
  • Online ever: 831
  • (Today at 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 553
Total: 553

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

deHavilland Beaver new build

Started by bushman, August 19, 2010, 09:40:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bushman

Here are a few sneek peeks from my basement hanger.  ;D A new beaver cockpit including  simkit gauges and interfacing module for start up and lights. Working at present on the single column yoke assembly and it's challenging to say the least. :huh:

fitting the instrument panels to centre throttle and engine gauge column.

flight gauges from simkits along with RPM gauge in engine gauges,the MP gauge is static at present ,but is from a real beaver.

The covering panels are positioned and marked for cutting and bending where needed. Slow process when you are still working for a living.

The firewall complete with rudder pedal toekicks and front fuselage to rearcargo section is fabricated just needs to be assembled this winter. The throttle quadraint will be my saitek with some modifing done to it. Will update as the panels come together.

For now

Bushman

Bob Reed

Wow! Very nice looking forward to more pictures! Seems you have been very busy. Was wondering what happened to this build.

RonW

Very nice job! I fly a 737 cockpit but I've been thinking of a Twin Otter or a Beaver project for quite a while. I spent a few years in the mining industry in Northern Ontario, BC, etc and I really enjoyed bush flying. You've just renewed my interest big time! Keep the pics and details coming.
Ron

XOrionFE

very cool.  this will be neat to see come together.  Looking forward to more progress pics.

Scott

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate