Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 03, 2024, 06:11:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
553 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 831
  • Online ever: 831
  • (Today at 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 553
Total: 553

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Grrrr!!! BenQ is really beginning to piss me off

Started by Maurice, August 22, 2010, 12:00:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maurice

I had ordered 3 Benq MP782ST projectors from PC Canada a while back. I received only 2 of them and one was back ordered. I waited several weeks and I finally cancelled the third projector as I thought I would have a better chance to get it quicker if I ordered directly from the BenQ store.

I did that a month ago and the projector was also back ordered. So I tried sending an e-mail today from a form in their website to customer service and my mail got rejected with the following message:
  ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
<prodinfo.CA@BenQ.com>
    (reason: 550 recipient <prodinfo.CA@BenQ.com> was not found in LDAP server - )

What kind of a Mickey mouse company is this??? This is the e-mail address of their customer service as generated in their website and this is the same address which they advised me was not a valid return address when they sent me confirmation for my order.

So now I'm stuck with 2 projectors and no idea if/when the third one will be available. If I end up having to sell my projectors again, that will be my cue to sell everything and get out of this hobby as I will not try to change projectors once again.

For anyone planning to get the same projectors, I would strongly advise you to consider finding another brand instead.

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

XOrionFE

I feel for you Maurice.   I havent purchased mine yet but was planning on the same units as they are the only ones I could find that give the throw and size needed.    Luckily I am not quite at the point of purchasing yet so I have some time to keep shopping around.    Keep us informed on what happens with this.

Best Regards,
Scott

XOrionFE

Actually after a quick check it looks like there is another new great option out on the block from Mitsubishi.   It is the EW230U-ST.   Looks to be same spec as the BenQ.  Same throw, same ansi-lumens, etc.    Only downside I see is doesnt have DVI input, only VGA or HDMI but I think TH2GO makes an HDMI version anyway now and probably would lose much using the VGA port.   Resolution is native WXGA and looks like price is comparible.  Anyone tried these yet?

Scott

XOrionFE

Quote from: XOrionFE on August 22, 2010, 02:02:27 PM
Actually after a quick check it looks like there is another new great option out on the block from Mitsubishi.   It is the EW230U-ST.   Looks to be same spec as the BenQ.  Same throw, same ansi-lumens, etc.    Only downside I see is doesnt have DVI input, only VGA or HDMI but I think TH2GO makes an HDMI version anyway now and probably would lose much using the VGA port.   Resolution is native WXGA and looks like price is comparible.  Anyone tried these yet?

Ooohhh - I just check the distributer I use for my technology business, and they have 13 in stock and I get at cost :-)  I guess I will be placing an order this week...

Scott

jskibo

TH2Go makes a display port version now, not HDMI :(
Less than 4 years to retirement......

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate