Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 03, 2024, 03:15:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
565 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 831
  • Online ever: 831
  • (Today at 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 565
Total: 565

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Need help with FSUIPC!!!

Started by matta757, August 24, 2010, 05:56:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matta757

Hey everyone,

I just recently reinstalled windows on my comp after wiping everything clean; I wanted a fresh start. I retained all my FS9 and FSUIPC config files though. But when I originally re-tried plugging in all my joysticks, including my BUO836X boards, something went haywire. None of my key or axis assignments for the BUO836X boards worked. So I decided that I would just start over.

Now before, the BUO836X boards were assigned numbers in the FSUIPC ini file (I think they were 1, 2 and 3). When I deleted the FSUIPC ini file and plugged in my first BUO836X throttle board, it registered with FSUIPC as controller number 1. I went ahead and did all the axis assignments and calibrations. Everything was all fine and dandy, so I plugged in my ACE yoke, which registered as controller 5, just as it had before.

Here's where the issue begins... I plugged in my 2 overhead panel BUO836X's. Now all 3 BUO836X boards were plugged in. But instead of my throttle remaining assigned as controller number 1, now all of a sudden it has become controller number 2 and lost ALL of my calibrations and assignments.

Does this have something to do with the fact that all 3 BUO836X boards have the same USB name? Is FSUIPC confused by this? Is there a way to have all 3 boards plugged in and retain my throttle, flap, and spoiler assignments without having to completely redo them?

Any insights would be helpful.

Regards,
Matt

autocadplease

The only time I have had problems is when I plug the boards in different USB ports. As long as I keep all the boards/controllers plugged in exactly the same, I have no problems. Once I plug them in a different port the settings are lost.
Grant D.
Nelson, B.C.
FSX PM Boeing TH2Go

jackpilot

Not sure, but why not plugging in everything, checking how they show , getting rid of all FS automatic assignments and then only doing the cal. ?

Jack

Bob Reed

Renaming them won't necessarily help. The thing is, if you unplug them, plug them back into the port they came out of, otherwise they will be assigned differant ids which will change all your FSUIPC settings.

matta757

Quote from: jackpilot on August 25, 2010, 01:55:12 AM
Not sure, but why not plugging in everything, checking how they show , getting rid of all FS automatic assignments and then only doing the cal. ?

Jack,

That is precisely what I decided to do tonight. So I plugged all three in and went to calibrate my lever axes, only now when I move the levers, something is wrong and FSUIPC is not reading their inputs correctly. For instance, my Speed Brake, Right Thrust, and both Reverse Thrusts simply don't register over the spectrum; they only register a high input and a low input. My Left Thrust and Flap levers are the only ones that actually give readings over the entire distance of travel.

When I unplug my 2 overhead boards, the calibrations go back to normal. Also, it does not seem to matter which port these are plugged into... whenever all 3 boards are plugged in (regardless of which USB ports), controller number 1 is the right-overhead, controller 2 is the pedestal and controller 3 is the left-overhead. However, when just the pedestal board is plugged in, it registers as controller 1. This leads me to believe that it is the name confusion that is creating this problem. Whenever just one board is plugged in, there is no confusion. The minute an identically named board is plugged in, FSUIPC seems to become confused.

I am SOOOOO confused and frustrated by this right now. Does anyone have ANY IDEA why when all 3 boards are plugged in something goes wrong with the axis readings? Please help if you can; my sanity is waning!

Regards,
Matt

XOrionFE

Matt,

This may seem like a dumb question but just wanted to make sure you are checking FS Control settings and removing all of the axis joystick assignments inside FS so they are not conflicting with FSUIPC settings.    Everytime you plug in a usb controller of any type it will automatically fill in some of the FS controls arbitrarily.  You have to make sure to go in and remove those for each and every device you plug in.   I usually do that first the minute I plug a board in that has axis and buttons.   Remove the settings from FS then exit FS so those are saved.  Start FS backup and then go into FSUIPC and configure them.   

Again, maybe you already checked these but I know I have been guilty of forgetting to remove the darn FS control assignments and having things get all out of whack.

Scott

matta757

Quote from: XOrionFE on August 25, 2010, 06:04:30 PM
just wanted to make sure you are checking FS Control settings and removing all of the axis joystick assignments inside FS so they are not conflicting with FSUIPC settings

Great question Scott and to answer it simply; yes. Well, technically I have the joysticks completely disabled within FS, so interference from there was not a concern.

I went and played around a bit and after much frustration, I tried doing a complete recalibration of the joystick controller itself THROUGH WINDOWS, and that in turn allowed me to properly calibrate within FSUIPC. I am still puzzled though because as I said, when only the pedestal was plugged in, there was NO PROBLEM; so I am not sure why a new windows calibration was needed.

By the way Scott, maybe you can answer this... if I decide to use the FS axis assignment and calibration (because frankly for my ACE yoke, I preferred FS's calibration to my own through FSUIPC), does deleting assignments that I don't want ONCE and restarting flight sim RETAIN the settings forever (I mean given that I don't unplug them)? I seem to remember having to delete assignments periodically because they would just show up. Any idea?

Matt

XOrionFE

I believe you only have to do this once.  What is probably happening though is that if you forget to power on a usb hub or at some point disconnect a usb axis controller then start up FS without it connected, then later reconnect and start FS again it will redetect those axis and assign them.   

jackpilot

Whether there is a reason or not, FS sometimes reaffects functions. The moment you have a problem of some sort, the first thing is to check that there are NO FS assignments .
If it can help, I wrote this a while ago:

http://www.cockpitbuilders.com/community/index.php?topic=686.msg5243#msg5243

Jack

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate