Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:55:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
130 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 136
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 130
Total: 130

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Boeing 747 Airliner Pilot's Radio & Intercom Control Console Box Assembly

Started by iwik, December 22, 2019, 08:35:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwik

Guys,
Are the pots on these modules and ACP which look the same illuminated and have a switch.
I am looking for a cheap supply of them for my A320 panels.
Thanks
les

iwik

Hi Jack,
Dont want complete modules. The ACP are cheap and if the pot has a switch and is illuminated then i would have a really cheap source of pots.
Les

ame

What specifically are you looking for? Pots with switches are easily available on AliExpress and elsewhere. If the 'standard' 7mm mounting hole with 6mm splined or 'D' shaft will work then it should be fairly straightforward to add illumination.

Do the pots have any special function such as pull or push? Or are they just rotary pots with an on/off switch? Do you need the knobs as well? I have some ideas that I have been experimenting with.

ame

Here is a good example:

https://m.aliexpress.com/wholesale/rv097ns.html

Available as a pot, pot with switch, dual pot, and dual pot with switch. These have a much more compact body than the traditional round 16mm or 24mm pots.

You could illumimate the knobs by installing tiny SMD LEDs on the front of the panel, under the skirt of the knob, shining up to light up the inside of the knob.

Alternatively, take one apart and see if you could drill through the centre without destroying the mechanism and see if you could insert a 3mm acrylic rod to act as a light pipe. Shine an LED at the bottom of the pipe, and the light will come out of the other end and diffuse inside the knob.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate