Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 03:17:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
481 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 498
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 481
Total: 481

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Angus pictures

Started by jackpilot, September 29, 2009, 08:36:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackpilot

Check
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=21&pos=1

Shows that a generic can be  ..very very attractive.
Angus visual is nothing less than amazing.

Jack

Trevor Hale

I couldn't believe how incredible it looks, and his Visuals are stunning.  I bet that is one heck of a feeling sitting in that BOX.. 

Great Job Angus.. You really are a Pro!

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

andarlite

Hey Trevor

And Angus sim is a lot closer to you than Ivar sim is. Oh, and Happy Birthday.

Regards,
Henry
Level D 767
FSX

Trevor Hale

Yes, this is True.. he is much closer then Ivar's sim.

And would be an experience on it's own to fly that's for sure..   Thanks for the Birthday wishes.

Trev 
Trevor Hale

Owner

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA

VATSIM:

andarlite

Yeah, would be great to experience the visuals.

Angus, great job.... what size are those monitors? Could you give some information on your setup. Thanks.

Regards,
Henry
Level D 767
FSX

ivar hestnes

Angus simulator is a great build. Lots of thinking done on this project. Impressive visuals also. I bet it is a thrill to fly. It is the ultimate dream to get the visuals wrapped around like this.  :)

Angus Wighton

Henry,

My sims "cockpit windows" are made up of seven 19 inch monitors, presented through Wideview .... the MIP is created with three 21 inch monitors in the background.

Angus Wighton

Any of the regular builders who find themselves in the Toronto area you have an open invitation to drop by and fly my sim.  My desire was to have the best "visuals" I could make rather than having an aircraft-specific cockpit layout ...... Peter Cos refers to flying my sim as an "immersive experience", so you might enjoy it! 

I always enjoy having other builders drop by (alot through FDS), and we often learn something from each others setups.   

Drop me an email ... I am often out of town flying (and as a corporate pilot we have no schedules .... if the company calls, away we go) so nailing down a date is often elusive, but it never hurts to ask, right?!

Ciao

Trevor Hale

I appreciate that Angus,  I for one would love to have a go at that "Immersive experience" 

Thanks for the open offer.  I may have to take you up on that.  I know I will make at least one of the Leaf games this year, so perhaps something could be worked out.

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA

VATSIM:

Maurice

Quote from: Trevor Hale on October 06, 2009, 06:08:23 AM
I appreciate that Angus,  I for one would love to have a go at that "Immersive experience" 

Thanks for the open offer.  I may have to take you up on that.  I know I will make at least one of the Leaf games this year, so perhaps something could be worked out.

Trev

Trev,

If you can swing it, I would HIGHLY recommend it...you will not be disappointed as pictures do not convey the full immersive experience that you get when you see the full wrap around visuals.

And Angus, your comment to Ivar "but to be designed so that it can also be transported in the back of a truck, well, that just blows me away.  The only thing that will move mine is dynamite ....."  instead of dynamite, why not not just fly it anywhere you want to  ;D. I'm sure it is totally possible.  :). You & Ivar and many others around here constantly challenge the rest of us by showing us what is possible.

Been very busy lately and not flying at all for the last several months because of my upcoming move to Gravenhurst, but would love to come by one of these days and get some 'refreshers' if I can find the time. I have the feeling I forgot the few things I used to know and really need to get back into it soon before I forget the difference between rudder & ailerons  :)

Hope your 'job' is not too demanding these days and that you don't get pestered by too many flights & layovers in Hawaii, especially now that Winter is coming when you could be enjoying the lovely grey snow in Toronto instead.  ;D

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

Trevor Hale

Hey Mau,

I just had to make a quick down and back yesterday, I didn't get much of a chance to see anyone, but I did Meet Ali, from 737yoke.com  Had a quick little visit, but I didn't get home until 3:45am this morning..  I would like to arrange a few visits with some of you.. 

PS.  Dynamite wouldn't move mine either :)

Gotta check the messages, and head for bed..  its going to be an early night.

Trevor Hale

Owner

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA

VATSIM:

andarlite

Yesterday afternoon, I met up with Angus to see his fantastic sim. It's located at a hanger at Pearson airport (CYYZ).
When I first step into the huge hanger, I though I was entering a business jet showroom. I couldn't believe how clean
it was. It was brightly lit and there were numerous jets parked, some with engines apart being worked on.
Despite that the planes were absolutely immaculate and just gleaming. Angus showed me around inside one of the
business jet that he flies.

Then it was on to his sim. Photos do not do it justice. The wrap around visuals, sound effects, intructor station, FDS
panels, lighting, etc, just an awesome piece of work.

We started out with Angus flying touch and go around the Portland area to get me familiar with the visuals and then it
was my turn. Although I consider myself to be a good sim pilot, I must admit that I felted a little nervous.... and
then one of Angus pilot friends dropped by and he was recruited to be my co-pilot and then I was really nervous. We
setup to do a flight from Seattle to Portland and then started the way a real flight would begin.... studied charts,
weather, discuss route, checklists, ATC (with Angus playing role of controller), clearances, setting up for
emergencies, etc etc ..... every detail from gate to gate. It was a real eye-opener for me which I completely enjoyed
(and I think I even landed the plane without the passengers spilling their drinks).

We then reset the sim for a flight at Innsbrucks. Four hours went by just like that.

I also learned a few things...... although I typically do a lot of hand flying, I never knew about using the Flight
Director to assist, likewise an explanations about using the PAPI approach lights, how the pilot and co-pilot
work together and their responsibilities and many other little things that will really help in my enjoyment of flight
simming.

A few observations:

1. Really helps to cut of any external views of the room your sim is located ,,,, now I really want to put a priority
in finishing my enclosure and only being able to see just the scenery monitors. I only have 3 22 inch LCD but I think
it will still help the immersion factor. Wideview is definitely going to be in my future.

2. The yoke really makes a difference. With Angus PFC yoke it really felt like I was controlling a big jet compared to
my cheap CH Product yoke. I also found I could fly much smoother with his yoke (probably from the increase tension
it took to move the yoke). Definitely want to look into the ACE yoke.

3. Detailed scenery also helps with the immersion factor. The Flightzone Portland and Aerosoft Austria Professional
and Innsbruck scenery was absolutely stunning (hard to believe it was FS9). Angus played a dual role in being the ATC
and tour guide pointing out the interesting sights during the flights.  :)

If you ever get an invite from Angus, take him up on it. Regarding Angus, you couldn't find a nicer guy, he definitely
has a gift for teaching and is very passionate about flying, real and simming.

Thanks Angus for a most enjoyable time.

Regards,
Henry
Level D 767
FSX

ETomlin

What an excellent review of your visit with Angus. Thanks for taking the time to fill us all in Henry!
Eric Tomlin
Flight Line Simulations
www.FlightLineSimulations.com (new site)
Integral Lighted Panels, Products, Consultation, & Suppliers

Trevor Hale

Hi Henry,

Sounds like you had a blast.  To be honest flying with others around makes a big difference.  One does seem to feel a bit more intimidated when there are witnesses around.  Regardless I am glad you had so much fun.  Sounds like a blast. 

With regards to the Hanger and being clean, many people like to keep their hangers nice and clean. Our corporate hanger is very clean, you could eat off the floor and the planes (Used) to sit on red carpets. 
That's just the nature of the business in "Most cases" but not all that's for sure.

I loved that you told us this story.  It really helps to open the eyes of any builders that only get to fly alone.  Flying with others changes the entire atmosphere.  The experience is mind blowing, and as you noticed time really flies.

I agree with your comments, visuals help the immersion factor for sure.  But more importantly if you liked the PFC Yoke, you will LOVE the ACE Yoke.  I have used Both and personally prefer the ACE Yoke.

Thanks again for sharing..  One day I hope to meet up with Angus, and check out that wideview setup.

Trev

Trevor Hale

Owner

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA

VATSIM:

Boeing Skunk Works

That was a great read.

Yes, the Wideview is definitely a great experience, but I've yet to block off the rest of the room. I need to do that. I also need to block off the area under the monitors that I can see room while looking around.

What I'd really like to do is have a huge photo of the right side of the cockpit to stand up on the right side rather than just curtain it off.
Why yes...I am a rocket scientist...

Boeing, Collins, Gables, Sperry, PPG, Korry, Pacific Scientific, Honeywell

jackpilot

Quote from: Boeing Skunk Works on November 12, 2009, 09:39:11 AM
What I'd really like to do is have a huge photo of the right side of the cockpit to stand up on the right side rather than just curtain it off.

I always wondered if putting up a huge mirror, vertically, would make sense, you would even have a copilot!  8)

Jack

Boeing Skunk Works

Yeah, but I don't wanna be lookin' at me!  ;D

A poter that size would probably cost quite a bit to reproduce on cardboard.
Why yes...I am a rocket scientist...

Boeing, Collins, Gables, Sperry, PPG, Korry, Pacific Scientific, Honeywell

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate