Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 04:15:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
153 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 179
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 153
Total: 153

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

727 Builder Intro

Started by skyline223, August 09, 2018, 05:35:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skyline223

Hello to all!

My name is Will. I'm in Memphis, TN. I've been the proud owner of a 727 sim project since I was 16 years old, and I'm currently 24, so it's been a long time labor of love. My sim started life as a 727-100 CPT. When I acquired it, I took her home (my parent's house at the time) and got the pit functioning using virtual gauges, a three projector visual system, and hardware that was included with the CPT. I flew it that way about four years until a local flight school began using it for Crew Resource Management training. Then it moved out of my house and down to the flight school. It stayed there for a couple years until the flight school upgraded to a beautiful FDS A320 trainer.

The 727 was back in my hands, but I had nowhere to go with it at that point. So it went in storage for two years until my gracious wife allowed me to bring it to our home. Over the course of time when I had the sim in storage, I became the proud owner of a real 727 overhead, full MIP, and many real parts to the F/E station. It wasn't until I recently joined this forum that I realized these parts once belonged to XOrionFE (Scott). I thought that was very cool when I realized today that they have come full circle to another cockpitbuilders.com member.

Now that I enter "phase two" of my 727 project I will be working to interface the real world parts and rebuild the sim better than ever. I'll be starting a separate build thread (I have a LOT of questions), but wanted to give a proper intro before I dive in. Thanks!

Will
www.727simulator.com

727 CPT as she was in her former life

First stage of completion with 85% functionality (Circa 2010)

New (to me) MIP and overhead

The Boeing 727 Legacy Project
www.727simulator.com

navymustang

What a bold effort to undertake. And having a spouse that understands is half the battle  :)
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

kurt-olsson

Cool!

I can recommend the X-Plane and Teensy Microcontroller route. Make sure to post lot of pictures. :)

Nat Crea

G'Day Will!

If anyone can do it you can :)
Still working for Ken?

For those that don't know, Will is a private pilot, sim tech, guitar GURU and all round top guy.

Cheers,

Nat

kenrosefire

I can second the X-Plane and Teensy/Arduino route. It has become so easy to accomplish what you want as both of these have ways of integrating with X-Plane for free! Good luck on your build! I'm looking forward to seeing it!

skyline223

X-Plane / FlyJSim / Arduino route certainly seems to be a winner. My old configuration was FSX / Dreamfleet / Bodnar & FDS cards. With the Dreamfleet, model functionality was somewhat limited as far as systems went. I'm really excited to see what the XPlane route has to offer.

Quote from: Nat Crea on August 09, 2018, 11:26:41 PM
If anyone can do it you can :)
Still working for Ken?

Thanks for the kind words, Nat! Hope all is well my friend! I go down to check in on the A320 from time to time to be sure everything is working right. As of late, it has been operating smooth as silk, so not much for me to do! I recently took a job at an on-demand charter in town flying Lear 31s. I'm having a blast!
The Boeing 727 Legacy Project
www.727simulator.com

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate