Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 11:10:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
500 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 499
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 500
Total: 500

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

'ello

Started by Smiffy, November 14, 2010, 10:51:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smiffy

Hi All:

I'm Paul, although most people just call me Smiffy. You might know of me from Flight Sim Labs where i deal with the Support side of things and the Forum Moderation.

I've been into FS for a very long time, and have been a B744 nut for a while, flying the PMDG B744 in FSX most of the time. I've just moved back to the UK, having lived in Dubai for 9 years and have decided that it's high time I made a start putting my own Sim pit together. To that end, I've been trying to decide between an A320 or a B777. I've decided on an A320 as it's smaller size and with no need to worry about linking the Flight Controls, it will hopefully enable it to be a little more portable if i need to move house, and FDS seem to have everything i would need to do the build at a reasonable price. although even then, it may well take a while to save the money up for all of the parts! :)

Any advice and recommendations are gratefully received. I'm just starting to put together a costs spreadsheet, and hopefully i can continue to fly as i build the rig.

Hope you are all well, and thanks to the founders for creating this superb forum.

Cheers

Smiffy

jackpilot

Welcome Aboard Smiffy, glad to see that you have nice projects...
You will find here a good crew ready to help if they can.
My2ยข : Airbus and Boeing are real different birds to fly besides size
Before investing in an AB make sure you like the concept.

Whatever you build, keep us posted and ask for help if needed.
Cheers
Jack

PS:actually a 320 cockpit is huge with enormous windows to fill!

Jack

Smiffy

Hi Jack!

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm a Video and Lighting Designer for the Live Entertainment Industry by trade so i'm not too worried about filling those big windows. I'm hoping i'll be able to snag some pro-level Edge-Blending and Image Manipulation tools from one of my suppliers at their next clear out :P I doubt they'd give me projectors but i can live in hope hehehe.

I'm quite excited about doing an Airbus, as i'm hoping that it might one day be a reasonably simple process to switch it between being an A318/19/20/21/30 and 40 I'll wait an see on that though hehehe. I suspect the A340 might be a little outside the realms of possibility though lol.

Hope you are all well

Cheers

Smiffy

Bob Reed

Welcome! Nice to see another non Boeing in the pipes!

Sean

Quote from: Smiffy on November 14, 2010, 10:51:35 AMAny advice and recommendations are gratefully received. I'm just starting to put together a costs spreadsheet...

In the cells under the Total, add the following:

TRUE COST=         (3*(TOTAL COST))

Welcome to the forum Smiffy, where in the UK you from?

Sean

Bob Reed

Quote from: sean nixon on November 15, 2010, 11:46:05 AM
Quote from: Smiffy on November 14, 2010, 10:51:35 AMAny advice and recommendations are gratefully received. I'm just starting to put together a costs spreadsheet...

In the cells under the Total, add the following:

TRUE COST=         (3*(TOTAL COST))

Welcome to the forum Smiffy, where in the UK you from?

Sean

Putting a figure here may scare you away! I am just saying... LOL

Smiffy

hehehe. I hear you on the spreadsheet front. Just finished it, and it's a scary figure. The Mrs. Is pretty understanding about my hobby, but i might not go so far as to show her that! :)

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Now - Anyone know how to get hold of AirSim Tech - I emailed them last week and no response yet....

Cheers

Smiffy

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate