Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 02:12:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
343 Guests, 1 User
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 492
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 343
Total: 344

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

OK, So here we go!

Started by Caflyt, July 27, 2019, 03:45:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caflyt

So my business has held me hostage for the past year and I am finally starting to get to work on my new project. The shell has been sitting for a year. Today I removed the rudder pedal assemblies that were cut off during the tear down and replaced them with replacements (thanks Kattz). The older pedals are of course too wide for the NG CDU bay so my friend (who has a machine shop) and I cut away about 11mm from the shank portion of the tubes. Then we machined a cut out on the brake lever portion of the pedal to allow clearance for the braking action pivot. I re-installed the tubes and all is well.
This is only the beginning of a long journey to completion of my new sim with the real shell.
Stay tuned!

blueskydriver

Hey Craig,

Glad to see that you're back on your project. Before you know it, we'll be seeing the finished pics...might seem like a long time from now, but it'll go faster then you think.  :idiot:

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

bernard S

Gallie

Job wel done!
Repairing the floor should be a fun project.

kurt-olsson

To jealus to say anything...

Caflyt

Anyone want to come to Florida and help out??  ;)
I've got an empty guest room!

kurt-olsson

Craig, do you have any pictures from the inside of the cockpit?

Caflyt

Yes,
Yes I do!
Here are some...
Keep in mind this is actually a 727-ADV but should be mostly the same as the 737.

blueskydriver

Is that guest room wheelchair accessible?...lol!  :idiot:
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Caflyt

John,
It is upstairs but I will gladly carry you up and down as often as you need to!  ;)

blueskydriver

LOL Craig! I am sure you could do that, and even though I am a lite 180lbs, you would likely tire of me after a few trips. Not from my weight, just from the bouncing around and me getting motion sickness.

Yep, I am one of those guys that gets sick in airplanes, cars (unless I am the one driving), carnival rides and etc. Unless, you like wearing your lab coat all the time to keep from me hurling on you, we'd have to find a better way.

Funny story, as I type this, it's in the works to replace my 19 year old stair glide chair. Even though it still works fine, my doctor prefers to replace it because he wants me to have a different model type. Anyway, it will cover 14 steps (possibly less) and if you're interested, you can have it for free. We just need to work out a way to get it there. Me bringing it or you getting a shipping company to pick it up.

Thus, it will save you from carrying me and/or me barfing on you, as well as future proofing your house for disabled or elderly visitors... :idiot:

John

Caflyt

I will soon begin dismantling my current shell and I may have a few things that may be of interest to some of you.
Most notable is the window frames Like these below.

https://www.aviationmegastore.com/?action=prodinfo&art=93289

I built this shell using the old FDS SHELL KIT however I did modify some of it to better fit my needs. (See the pictures).

I will be asking $475 for the window frames (new they are €699 and are currently out of stock). I may currently have an interested pilot who wants these so I will officially post them here if he doesn't take them.

Caflyt

Only thing I've gotten accomplished this week. I attached the pedals to the modified down tubes.  🤨
This is going to take a while!
Damn responsibilities 😉

Vincent T.

Wow, there is so much attention to the details!!!

Keep it coming!!

Regards,
Vincent

Caflyt

A few years of work on top and one afternoon on the bottom.
Making a little progress on removing the old sim.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate