Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 07:35:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
344 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 392
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 344
Total: 344

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Display Glare FDS w/Pic

Started by helloo, August 25, 2019, 09:28:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

helloo

Hello,  FDS comes with a display frame screen that goes over the MIP displays.  My shipment arrives this week and I am wondering what is the purpose of this?  It adds a glare that does not appear to be realistic, especially in the MAX.  Is it possible to just omit this piece during installation so that the monitor does not have this screen over it?

jackpilot

There is a "glass" over all monitors (protection and mainly dust barrier)
Highly recommended.
You may also use a non reflective one (bit pricey though)
Not sure about the Max but no issue with the NG
:)

Jack

bernard S

blueskydriver

Hey Mike,

I think that picture may be a little misleading. If you notice, they're in a room with bright room lights on and that is causing the reflections. Normally, you would not have your room lights on; thereby, most of your lighting source will come from the projectors or monitors in front of your cockpit.

If you have some internal cockpit lights on the ceiling, their reflections will reflect downwards. Otherwise, if you have any reflections coming upward it will be from the throttle assembly and pedestal lighting, and they will be very minimal.

I wouldn't worry too much about this; besides, you can decide to put them in or not once your shipment arrives. Albeit, I believe you will put them in as FDS suggests... :idiot:

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

bernard S

okay seriously you did not like the raybans comment..here iscwhat it looks like on a 74

XOrionFE

bernard S

what  i was saying scott is even real.have reflective glare

Joe Lavery

Just another example of what Bernard was saying, I took this at the BA maintenance facility in Cardiff UK.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

helloo

Thanks for the replies.  I guess I will see once it gets put together.  The MAX that I saw in person had noticeably non-reflective screens compared to other flight decks.  I will keep you posted on how she goes. 

jackpilot

Jack

Joe Lavery

Good thought there Jack, I didn't connect the two, but I have bought lots of photo frames with non reflective glass, and the size of the MFD frames is certainly available here in the UK. It's 2mm thick and very cheap.

Just a couple of pounds per frame and unlike the acrylic most of us use it doesn't scratch easily.
In fact I think I'll change the ones on my own MIP. 8)
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate