Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 11:46:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
58 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,640
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 84
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 58
Total: 58

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Throwing around this idea for WorldFlight 2016

Started by 727737Nut, March 11, 2016, 02:10:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

727737Nut

After talking to Trevor, John, and Scott, i have decided to throw this out to all my fellow simmers as a possible option to make the 2016 WF an even bigger event for the USA/Canada folks.  We are entertaining the idea of a 2nd team utilizing my 737-200 Sim located in northern Indiana. This would allow another option to those who for various reasons, can't make the trip to Florida and Sam's amazing Sim.  I do not want to pull guys from that venue and only want to add to the 'team' effort.  I will need solid commitments by the end of summer to see if this will even be possible. Otherwise i'm off to Florida to help team #1. Scott and John are onboard to start the #2 team.  Let's recruit guys and make 2016 a 2 Team fund raising , hell of a great time year to be simming!!

I have accommodations for 3 or 4 people to stay in my house and there are several hotels close by.  Airport is 5 mins from house and I am 2 mins off Interstate/Toll Road.  Just let me know if you are interested in joining us on either Team for 2016WF. For those who don't know, my sim uses all real components and is fully enclosed and 2 pilot capable.

Rob
737 Junkie

FredK

Rob -

Are you suggesting that there be two separate teams or a single team split in two locations flying under DAL 209?

This would be a great idea provided that there was enough pilot coverage to fill out the flight schedule for two separate full teams (it is certainly admirable how the Aussies are able to do multiple teams).  But the reality is that we have been at the ragged edge for pilot coverage in Florida each year now.....so this can only serve to exacerbate the issue at that location (I see only 9 pilots who are committed at the moment).  It certainly will not serve to help the issue there.

However if in fact there is enough local interest to fill out a complete pilot roster for Indiana than more power to your idea.  But do you really feel there are as many potential pilots within a 300 mile radius of your place?  It would be just as easy for anyone living further than that to fly to Florida as it would be to get to Indiana.

Also keep in mind the comraderie value of the event. We have precious few opportunities to interact with one another within our hobby.  For me and most others I have to believe that is a big draw.  Splitting the group in two locations defeats that agenda.

Fred K
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

727737Nut

I am with you Fred and totally understand.  I am suggesting two teams as an option to those who can;t travel as far. Right now I have 4 committed pilots plus myself but if we cant get to 10 then I am off to Sams.  The ones committed can not go to Florida so this is good thing by doubling our efforts.   Some may disagree but I am trying to help the big picture, helping kids.  ;) Having more options is usually a good thing. 

Rob
737 Junkie

FredK

Well it certainly would be great if the US/Canada had two teams participating.....two full teams that is.  So it will be interesting to see how the interest level develops for the idea.  I am committed and very much looking forward to Florida for most of the week as I have in the past, but could participate in Indiana for a day on the Friday when I swing back home.

BTW...I will be up your way some time in June on a cross-country road trip....would be interested in stopping in to see your sim.

Fred K
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

727737Nut

That would be great Fred.  I'll PM you my contact info.   

As for WF, i'm going to recruit from outside CB and tap into the non pit builders in hope to spark some interest in building and joining us in this hobby.  To me, raising the money is worthy and great but it is more about sharing and flying with fellow enthusiast that makes it worthy to me.  Just my  :2cw:

Rob
737 Junkie

dougsnow

If you need a dispatcher, I can work the flights from Sarasota. The flight plans get loaded into a webportal that you can pull them from.  I'll need some info, but should be easily doable.

Trevor Hale

Hey Guys,

Just to clarify the conversation I had with Rob... My concern is and still will be the lack of pilots that we have to fill the one team we have..  They will operate a separate team and will be applying to the Worldflight group as their own team.

Although I am going to miss having Rob there, I understand his drive and push to help everyone get involved closer to his home.

All the best to you guys and we will definitely see you guys in the Sky.

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

RayS

Should we start putting together a roster? I know it's early but we all know how those remaining 216 days can sneak past us...

I'll be there for the entire event (again) this year. I'll also be bringing a colleague from work. He won't be able to make the entire event but a good portion of it.
Ray Sotkiewicz

Trevor Hale

Hi Ray.

We will be Launching May 1st.

The Donation link and Advertisements will be up effective May 1st. 

I would also like anyone from last year to post their videos so I can work on this years promotional video.

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA

VATSIM:

Ridgenj

Hi Trev,

Very naive question,  for the US donors, can we get an IRS receipt. This might change the amount from modest to significant since my personal donation will be matched 100% by my company.
I usually donate to Miami Childrens since my grandson  became one of many miracle babies in this institution.
I understand the needs and struggle of many families going thru the same ordeal. Some of them not able to get their babies Gome because they can't show the required baby car seat and the formula for the first month.
Yes, we have a very expensive hobby and we all enjoy it so much. This is the best way to combine two missions.
Cheers
LUIS

Cheers
LUIS

Trevor Hale

Hi Luis,

Absolutely...  When you donate through our link....  The All Children's Hospital email you a receipt as well as mail you a hard copy...
No worries there..
Trevor Hale

Owner

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA

VATSIM:

RayS

I checked with my own company and they also do matching donations. (I'll have more info in a few days)

Does anyone have the EIN for for ACH?
Ray Sotkiewicz

Trevor Hale

Quote from: RayS on April 04, 2016, 08:49:54 AM
Does anyone have the EIN for for ACH?

I am sure we have it Ray.  Either Bob or Sam will.  PM them and get it
Trevor Hale

Owner

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA

VATSIM:

Colin Levy

I'll definitely be there this coming up year.

I like the idea of pushing for a new, second team. Though I could imagine staffing will be the largest hurdle. I would be happy to help with a new one. I actually have family in northern Indiana, always need a reason to drive up there.
Intel Quad-Core i7-3770. MSI Z77A-GD5. 8GB DDR3 RAM. 1TB HDD. 256Gb SSD. Water cooled system.

Aerosim Solutions

Just a note about Worldflight Perth, we grew into two teams for last year's event and it worked really well. Greg Hateley formed a team with his 747 sim and we named his crew "Brown Town"! Lots of friendly rivalry and we had a great time with some pilots switching seats to have a go at flying the different types. We maintained an overall one team philosophy and pooled our collection efforts to raise the sum of AUD$8,952.00 for the Royal Flying Doctor Service We will be doing it all again the same this year!

Cheers Gwyn
Boeing 737NG using Prepar3D v4.5, Prosim737, FDS SYS cards, FDS CDUs, CP Flight MCP Pro & EFIS Pro & Aerosim Solutions hardware of course!<br />Check out my website here -<br />http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au

727737Nut

Quote from: Colin Levy on April 04, 2016, 02:00:22 PM
I'll definitely be there this coming up year.

I like the idea of pushing for a new, second team. Though I could imagine staffing will be the largest hurdle. I would be happy to help with a new one. I actually have family in northern Indiana, always need a reason to drive up there.

You need to come by Colin!  We are actually up to 15 pilots now for USA Team 2   Gonna be fun.

Rob
737 Junkie

XOrionFE

Would have made much more sense to me to do what they did in Australia and have the two teams both represent CB and the same charity.   The fact is that it is not taking pilots away from the Florida based team because so many cannot make it down to Florida anyway.   I have tried to get in my calendar the past two years but I just couldn't swing it.  I donated anyway.    Now I can easily make it to South Bend, IN and participate from there but the way it sounds we will have to get a separate site and charity which means in the end this is going to take money out of the original charity pool (I cant do both....).

My .02 which of course nobody asked for but I will give it anyway  :2cw:

Seems like the decision has been made so the point is nil anyway....

Scott

Bob Reed

Quote from: XOrionFE on April 05, 2016, 06:38:20 AM
Would have made much more sense to me to do what they did in Australia and have the two teams both represent CB and the same charity.   The fact is that it is not taking pilots away from the Florida based team because so many cannot make it down to Florida anyway.   I have tried to get in my calendar the past two years but I just couldn't swing it.  I donated anyway.    Now I can easily make it to South Bend, IN and participate from there but the way it sounds we will have to get a separate site and charity which means in the end this is going to take money out of the original charity pool (I cant do both....).

My .02 which of course nobody asked for but I will give it anyway  :2cw:

Seems like the decision has been made so the point is nil anyway....

Scott

Hey Scott, I am very open to talk about this, but is team 2 willing to donate to team 1's charity? That is the sticking point that I see. And as for taking pilots away, I do not see that as a huge problem. Like you said most of the guys that Rob has recruited are either unable to make it to Florida or have never participated in a WF event. It's early yet, lets see what we can do. Lets not make this a "Us and Them" thing. Lets work together to have a great time and make some money for a good cause! I know it was not easy to get the charity. There is a report there already and adding a second team should not be an issue.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate