Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:32:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
131 Guests, 1 User
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 142
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 131
Total: 132

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Not so fast switch to MSFS2020

Started by jr2mey, August 20, 2020, 05:50:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jr2mey

It looks like my desire to switch to MSFS 2020 is going to be put on hold until there is a usable 738ng flight model for my home cockpit. (Unless someone knows something??)

After viewing hours of twitch video and what Trevor had streamed on converting his sim, I have concluded while I would love to switch, it just isn't feasible at this time.

P3Dv5 is gonna have to do for a while longer.
James

Joe Lavery

PMDG are working on 2 variants, NGX and MAX but I don't have a release date at the moment.

I imagine Project Magenta, ProSim and Sim-Avionics are beavering away as well.  8)
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

Jason L

Prosim posted an update a day or two ago.  They are waiting for certain features to be available in the SDK that are not there yet as far as more detailed control and variables for complex aircraft.  They are also working to incorporate C++ modules which is what many of the more advanced a/c developers have been using so I think in a few months that will be available.
The big unknown is when they will support multiple screens, ability to remove the cockpit displays (custom views) and such.  I think it'll be next year before we will see some of this stuff.

Joe Lavery

Have a look at Trevor's latest Twitch video, he's practically converted his cockpit to FS2020, and removed the cockpit display. He did it in 20 Minutes.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

jr2mey

Quote from: Joe Lavery on August 22, 2020, 02:59:47 PMHave a look at Trevor's latest Twitch video, he's practically converted his cockpit to FS2020, and removed the cockpit display. He did it in 20 Minutes.

Oh yeah, I watch Trevor's twitch stream much, and especially that particular one of his conversion.  It's that like many other 737 cockpit builders, I am at the mercy of a 738 model to link my cockpit to. 

My sim is flying great right now with P3Dv5 and Project Magenta so, not desperate to switch, just jealous of the eye candy out the windshield! LOL

Oh.. er.. um.. well, and in full disclosure: being a cockpit builder the inherent need to push the envelope of my build capabilities..LOL
James

jackpilot

FS2020, Finally I am convinced !

Jack

Jason L

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate