Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 11:30:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
485 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 498
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 485
Total: 485

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Any UFC fans?

Started by warvet, October 04, 2009, 10:55:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

warvet

Hey guys anyone here a UFC fan , if so you may  be interested in how I spent my sunday today. I was training most of the day with Cheick "The african Sensation" Kongo, which was a great way to spend the day. Hes a tough dude and we had allot of fun, a goo helping of sweat and then we were off to enjoy a super dinner.But I think the funniest part was he liked the stuff I showed him and his guys so much that they bought me and my wife Martha dinner :)He was in with a few of his friends from france, but he is currenty training in the UK with Bisping and Rampage. Also speaking of Rampage hes here with us too right now, hes filming his new movie The A-Team he plays BA Baraccus.Hes a funny funny guy as well. By the way Heres a pic of Cheick if you dont know who he is. Hes 6'4 230 lbs 24 wins 5 losses in UFC http://www.ufc.com/CheickKongo
If your wondering the guy is a super nice guy a true gentleman. Hes fighting Frank Mir on Dec 12 09.

Tim
A340
"Want Some,Get Some, Bad Enough Take Some!:D "

brissydave

Had a dream one night that i was watching tim smash kimbo slice in some trailer trash backyard on Youtube....crazy.

Think i ate too much chocolate before bed again.

Honestly tim, I wish I had done half the things you have accomplished In life mate. Massive respect.   
www.Flightfacsimile.com
Selected Boeing 737 Cockpit Components.... From Australia!

Trevor Hale

I agree Tim,

You have been able to experience things that many of us will never get to do.  Great Job and thanks for sharing it with us.

I have watched a few UFC fights, and I for one, would not want to be in the ring with any of those guys LOL.

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

warvet

Thanks Guys for the support,
LMAO @ brissy chocolate before bed lol. too funny. I've just been fortunate enough guys to be at the right place at right time and had the good fortune to meet, train and/or befriend some very super people, you guys included :)

Tim
A340

XOrionFE

I watched it a lot last year.   I was starting Karate and actually got my first belt but couldnt keep up with the amount of time necessary to practice so I stopped.   I may try to get back into it over the winter but you really have to have a ton of discipline and concentration I think for success at martial arts and my head wanders too much.  I wanted to get up halfway to brown or even black by the time my kids (3 yrs old now) are old enough to start. 

Many props to those of you that have mastered them and become masters.

Nice picture!

warvet

Thanks for the kind words, yes its true it does like anything take discipline and hard work. I have been doing it for 40 years now this year and teaching it 30 years, so to me its part of my life.In that time I actually achieved 8 different master level black belts in 8 different disciplines and now do seminars internationally. Its actually one of the ways I make a living, so guess to me its a requirement to stay disciplined :)Actually Gary who is a builder here, was curious and flew out and stayed here with me and my wife for a weekend and trained with me.He was a great student for being relatively new to it, picked it up really well. we had a fantastic time and I really enjoyed his visit.We actually even got some simulator time betwen training classes :) But good luck with your goal of a brown or black belt.

Tim
A340

autocadplease

Did Vancouver lift its ban on UFC fights? I thought I heard they are planning a fight next year in Vancouver?
Grant D.
Nelson, B.C.
FSX PM Boeing TH2Go

warvet

Yes Grant,
UFC will be here next year, unless it falls through. Thats the last word from Dana when I spoke to him a few weeks ago. So well just see.

Tim
A340

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate