Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 09, 2024, 02:56:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
559 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 588
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 559
Total: 559

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

New guy

Started by James Foster, April 08, 2011, 01:21:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Foster

Hi,
James here from Corinth TX. just south of Denton, home of the mean green, go green! I'm a desk top flight simmer and would like to put together a 737. I'm currently looking to buy 737 panels at this stage. I'm looking for advise on what panels to buy first?

Cheers

MLeavy737

James,
  Hi and welcome.  Panels? Im sure by now there are a few companies out there making panels. I would recommend www.flightdecksolutions.com  i got mine there and there top quality. Im building a 737 down in Houston if your ever around let me know.

Mike Leavy
The 737 800/900... Fastest airplane with the gear down!

jackpilot

Hi James

Welcome aboard.
Plenty of help here, just ask.
Jack

PS I would agree with Mike.
Check:
http://www.flightdecksolutions.com/prod_info.php?id=534
Best combo to start your spin into Sim Madness!   :D

Jack

James Foster

Thanks Jack and Mike! I checked out their web site, unbelievable stuff, and a pretty price tag to go with it.

Being a Texan, I was hoping to find a place in the United States to buy. I don't think there is any.

Thank you for your replies.

James Foster

I just googled to death flight simulation in the united states and came up with these two companies. Anyone buy from them before? Might be worth a try???

http://www.fidelityflight.com/
http://innovativefsp.com/

jskibo

I'll add to the plug for flightdeck solutions.  Top notch gear and amazing service from Peter and Steve.  Shoot them an email and discuss your plans.  I bought my MIP / Glare / CDU base / CDU and board from them so far.  Only strayed on the TQ (Its a Rev Sim back when it was more affordable but shipping and Euro conversion kills from the Euro providers right now (bought the TQ when the exchange was 1.18 to 1).

The Looney is about par with the dollar and shipping is much cheaper from FDS.

Oh, and their Proprietary IBL lighting is THE STANDARD!
Less than 4 years to retirement......

James Foster

Thanks for the information jskibo but, what do you mean by "their Proprietary IBL lighting is THE STANDARD!"  Sorry to sound dumb.

James Foster

I just found another but I don't think they make big jet panels.

http://www.atcflightsim.com/

I just e-mailed all three.

jskibo

Quote from: James Foster on April 08, 2011, 03:40:00 PM
Thanks for the information jskibo but, what do you mean by "their Proprietary IBL lighting is THE STANDARD!"  Sorry to sound dumb.

they have an Integrated Backlighting system that uses aircraft bulbs vs. LEDs that most places use.  You get a true readable backlighting vs. a bright white light with hot spots.

James Foster

Ah, I see. Do they make the panels for real aircrafts, since they are proprietary? Sorry about the questions.

jskibo

They sell sims to Boeing and GE Aviation.  I worked for the former and currently work for the later.  We have two of thier MIPs down in our lab.

James Foster

Awesome! Which flight simulator did they build for Boeing? Was it a full motion? Again, sorry for the questions.

jskibo

A few 787's (the latest is amazing) as well as the KCX (767) demo.  They are Fixed base Trainers, not moving. 

What we have in the labs are 737 and a hybrid (737 with an Airbus sidestick)

bussgarfield

Hi James and welcome to this forum from a very hot and sunny Spain.

I will echo what Jack said by the guys here being very helpful and the array of knowledge that they have is almost limitless.
You ask a simple question about which panels to buy and the answer is more difficult.
It depends on the realism you require, the depth of your wallet and of course postage charges.
Everyone has there own preference when it comes to the providers of such goodies and I will not knock one company or the other as I have only thus far been dealing with one.

I was still living in the UK when I made the majority of my purchases so cannot say what the postal charges would be to TX but have a look here -

http://www.opencockpits.com/catalog/panels-boeing-737ng-c-23_25.html

The panels are really top notch. If nothing else, it will give you some insight as to what you will require (depending on how far you want to go) and also a price comparison.

Good luck with your new venture.

Gary
Gary Buss
Intel E8500, EVGA NF780i mobo, 8 GB DDR2 ram, 500GB SATA2 HD, TH2Go, 3 X NVIDIA GF9800 GT 512mb GPU's, 780W PSU, Vista 64 home, 3 X HANNS-G 22" monitors.
Running - FSX, FSUIPC/WideFS, FSX Booster, FSXpand, SIOC and numerous add on aircraft and utilities.

James Foster

Thanks Gary for the information. Their panels are very nice. I had no idea that there are so many places to buy panels, unfortunately not many in the states. The last 12 hours have been very educational. Thanks for all the help.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate