Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 15, 2024, 11:15:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
47 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,640
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 64
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 47
Total: 47

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Cockpit Builders Members Check-In on Labor Day Weekend

Started by blueskydriver, August 26, 2012, 02:08:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueskydriver

For All Members,

Just thought of this event idea to have all CB Members check-in on the upcoming US Holiday of Labor Day Weekend. What better way is there to hear from everyone, for a check-in event, besides Labor Day Weekend. For those that don't know, the Labor Day holiday is a day for American Folks to celebrate or rest one last time before harvesting, returning to school or where it's all work days without a holiday until Thanksgiving (yes, there is Halloween, but that is a non-day off holiday).

I actually like to think of it as the weekend where all the Sim Builders and Pilots get back to building and flying; especially, since Summer will soon be over and we'll be back indoors for the fall and winter (that's for those of us in the Northern Hemisphere).

Anyway, my thoughts for this event are for all members (if possible) to check-in. You can say "checking-in" or "+1" or "whatever you like"; however, the point is, just be brief and say you're still alive and well. You do not have to do this, nor is this a CB website idea, it is just me, as a member, who would like to hear from everyone...

Who knows, if this turns out to be fun and all good, I'd like to do an all members log-in, at the same time, day. That way we could set a record or something; I wonder if there is a category in the Gunniess Book of World Records for the most people logged into a forum all at the same time? If not, maybe we can get one started. In any case, it would be fun to do... Although, Bob is likely thinking OMG! will the server crash? However, I know Bob, he will keep it going...

I just need a really good time and day to do it where most people will be awake at the same time...

Best Regards,

John

Ps. Hey Trevor, when an event is scheduled is there a way to inform all members via email? Like when someone post a PM to someone else, they get an email notice. So, something like these type of events would be nice to have a mass emailing to all members. Since I am starting this first one a week in advance, most members would likely see or read the email before hand.
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Maurice

Would that be so that the world knows how many nuts can gather at once on a given day? ;D

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

blueskydriver

Hey Maurice,

I think the whole world is already gone nuts, so this will be a day or weekend to show that there are still some "sane" people left who have the will to follow their dreams and build a cockpit...

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Maurice

I must say you do make a valid point there John :)

Maurice

jskibo

I need to get back to building.  All my gear is under a tarp in the garage right now.  Hopefully this winter I can get the base up and the visuals working.

Been back to real flying right now.  Another 4.2 hours on Saturday.  Will be flying all Labor day wekend, including a checkout in a Jabiru J250, should be fun.

I'm scheduled for Instrument checkride on Oct 1st, so flying everyday during the last week in Sep.  Then Seaplane checkride on Oct 7 up at Traverse City.  back to Traverse at the end of October for Multi engine rating as well.  There's an FBO close that rents their Twin Comanche for $165 wet in block times of 50+ or more.  Plan on putting in 50 - 60 hours with some nice east to west coast adventures. 

Hope to have Commercial, CFI/CFII/MEI by next April.
Less than 4 years to retirement......

MLeavy737

Quote from: jskibo on August 27, 2012, 04:34:13 AM
I need to get back to building.  All my gear is under a tarp in the garage right now.  Hopefully this winter I can get the base up and the visuals working.

Been back to real flying right now.  Another 4.2 hours on Saturday.  Will be flying all Labor day wekend, including a checkout in a Jabiru J250, should be fun.

I'm scheduled for Instrument checkride on Oct 1st, so flying everyday during the last week in Sep.  Then Seaplane checkride on Oct 7 up at Traverse City.  back to Traverse at the end of October for Multi engine rating as well.  There's an FBO close that rents their Twin Comanche for $165 wet in block times of 50+ or more.  Plan on putting in 50 - 60 hours with some nice east to west coast adventures. 

Hope to have Commercial, CFI/CFII/MEI by next April.

John,
  Sounds like your busy flying!! Good luck on all your checkrides :)  starting to sound like my flying schedule except you get to go where YOU want! I miss that.. Enjoy :)

Mike L
The 737 800/900... Fastest airplane with the gear down!

jskibo

Well Mike, you get to fly a nicer ride right now.  I was at 75% in a 172H and barely able to hold 80kts between 08C - KSBN and KMKG. 

Shooting the ILS 26L at KGRR was told to expedite, had to almost firewall it in a decent to get 90kts out of it :)

Even worse, I had flown the Warrior the past 2 years, so used to ~60 gallons in the wings.  With 38 in this thing I got home and sticked the tanks.  1 gallon left, 3 gallons right.....Ocuh.  Better pre planning next ride.

Maybe I'll have to plan a Twin Comanche time building flight down your way :)
Less than 4 years to retirement......

Trevor Hale

Quote from: blueskydriver on August 26, 2012, 02:08:23 AM
Hey Trevor, when an event is scheduled is there a way to inform all members via email? Like when someone post a PM to someone else, they get an email notice. So, something like these type of events would be nice to have a mass emailing to all members. Since I am starting this first one a week in advance, most members would likely see or read the email before hand.

I am afraid of the whole mass email idea.  Too many people might get miffed at the use of their email address for what some (Probably not many of us) But some people would consider to be junk mail.

I had the calendar schedule up and it would notify people, but They didn't have a new version of the software for this version of the forum yet.   In any case, no there is no way to do that right now.  the best way to do this is the way you have done it.

Have a great day, and I will try to stop in and say hi on Labor Day.. (By the way...  its a Canadian Holiday as well) Just an FYI LOL
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

blueskydriver

Hey Trevor,

No worries and thanks for the FYI on the Holiday being the same for the "Canucks", and here I thought only us Yanks had too many Holidays...lol.

Anyway, it's Thursday and a day early, but I hope that more members of the big CB start checking in between now and Labor Day.

John

blueskydriver

Well, it's Friday night and the first night of the holiday weekend. Right now, flying on VatSim KMSP-KATL for Virtual Nothwest Airlines. Otherwise, been fixing a few things in the sim...

Hopefully, folks will check-in during this weekend and maybe, they'll do some flying or building or even both.

John

Joe Lavery

Not sure if I'm understanding this Labor Day convention, because we don't have that over here in the UK.

Anyway I'm off with the wife to Cornwall for a week, so we're having our own holiday, sort of.  :) Hope some more of the guys (and gals) check-in with you John.

Have a good weekend.
Cheers

Joe.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

Sean

Checking in on Labor day weekend!

I've got plenty to go at right now. I have rebuilt my shell (after painting it black). So I can begin to think about the rear walls and all those mock circuit breakers that still haven't seen the light of day.

2 of my 3 projectors arrived last week, so I get to play around with those (oh joy!).

And the week prior to that, I received my SYS1X and ELEC-CAB kit for the overhead.

No excuses now!

While I'm on, I'm looking for a 737 tiller handle. Anyone have a spare?

Happy holidays my trans-atlantic buddies. Enjoy your extra day off!  :)

Sean

blueskydriver

Hey Joe,

Well, it's really only a holiday on Monday for those that celebrate Labor Day (USA & CA and some others), but it has always been a 3 day weekend holiday type thing. Mostly, folks go on short trips or go camping that one last time before schools restarts or hard farming work gets going for the harvest time; city folks go visit family and friends (usually, but not always). Anyway, that is why I stretched this over the whole weekend...

I figure within three days most people will check-in. However, those who actually have the Holiday off might not do so until Monday. For all the other members, who don't have it off, I am hoping they check-in today, Sunday, or at the latest Monday. In any case, the goal is just for people to say they're still around in the sim community. Sometimes we don't hear from people for a long time, so this is just a way to get everyone back together, so too speak.

Additionally, it always seems that this time of the year when outside work winds down (like mowing lawns or taking your kids to the local swimming hole or whatever) and we start staying in more, the sim community gets really going. Either building or flying, it is this time of the year that it picks up; thus, I made this event up to unoffically get things started. Maybe, in the future, we can call it a name or title it, and then make it an annual event...

Everyone, just say what you like, but the main point is you're posting to this thread or checking in.

John

Ps we can call it "Checking-in on Labor Day Weekend" just like Sean said it. It even rhymes well...lol.

XOrionFE

Well, here I am checking in.   We are not going anywhere this weekend and with Isaac about to roll over us we are expecting a lot of rain today and tommorrow in the Chicago area.   I plan on spending a lot of time this weekend down in the shop.   A lot to do....   I am working on a side project which I will unveil when done and a little hint is that it will have me dusting off my Max Trescott book and DVD as well as making Bob Reed drool a little and get motivated :-).   Hope to also get a few small things done on the 737 as well.

Anyway, Happy Labor Day weekend to all that celebrate and for those that don't....celebrate it anyway :-)!

Consider me checked in.

Scott

N737AG

Axel checking in here.

Not doing any sim work this weekend. My daughter decided to move to Baltimore for college, so we my wife an I flew up here and are helping with moving in.

Axel

Maurice

Still alive here but maybe not for long. This cockpit of mine is going to drive me to an early grave as I go from loving it to hating it over & over. I'm now in the hating it phase again as things are not going well with my new GTX 690 video card installation. More about that later.

Anyway, checking in for now and heading back to the basement later on for more fun & merriment ::) .  And Scott, I still don't know how you manage all these new projects with a job and 3 toddlers. Just answering their never ending questions should be keeping you more than busy enough  ;D

Maurice

XOrionFE

Quote from: maurice on September 01, 2012, 05:54:28 AM

Anyway, checking in for now and heading back to the basement later on for more fun & merriment ::) .  And Scott, I still don't know how you manage all these new projects with a job and 3 toddlers. Just answering their never ending questions should be keeping you more than busy enough  ;D

Maurice

They do tend to keep one busy for sure.    Off to Karate class with them in a half hour.   Then you have ballet, soccer, school homework, etc and repairing all the stuff they break around the hous.  :o

The time I usually get to work on my stuff is late at night after they go to bed (between 8pm and midnight).   Except this weekend my mother-in-law is over all weekend and will occupy all of the kids time so I get more time in the basement this weekend!   ;D

Kids are great though....and they enjoy flying with me more and more the older they get.

Scott

Maurice

Quote from: XOrionFE on September 01, 2012, 06:11:00 AM
  Except this weekend my mother-in-law is over all weekend and will occupy all of the kids time so I get more time in the basement this weekend!   ;D

Scott

...instead of enjoying the last summer weekend outdoors? That's what I'll be doing too  :'(

Maurice

Sam Llorca

Happy Holiday everyone!!! Enjoy this long weekend, be safe!! Best Wishes from Sarasota, Florida.  Sam and family.

simlady/ Karen

Had to check in since I live with the man who started this post.... I kept getting "reminded" to do it or I would never hear the end of it, if I didn't.

I have not started my F-16 yet as BSD took on another adventure that i got suckered into. It wasn't bad...can't tell you what it is, sorry. ;)

I plan to enjoy my three day weekend doing "Nothing"

Hope  you all have fun.

iwik

Hi All,
Just checking in from NZ. Hope all you guys have a great extra day, enjoy it.
We have a labour day but not till Oct 24th.
Les

DaveC

Checking in from western Canada.  At work this weekend trying to keep up.  Fortunately my sim is also at work.  I am trying to get a few flights in because shortly it will be dimantled and moved to a new shop our company is moving to.  I am NOT looking forward to the move, but on the plus side, I will be able to rebuild a few things in the sim a little better.  I will try to document everything with photos this time and share them.

Enjoy your weekend everyone.

Dave C.

fordgt40

Hi

Labor/labour day is every day, unless you are retired :)
Anyway to our cousins over the pond, have a great weekend and hope you get a good balance between family, BBQ and Flying :) Our next "holiday" is not till Xmas :(

David

Bob Reed

Checking in. Not doing anything this weekend either. Scott, I need motivation as once again things have changed here and the room for the sim is gone, may be time to pack it in.

shaneb

Don't give up Bob!  Nothing special going on at my house this weekend . . been remodeling the house so no sim time . . bummer!
Intel i7-4960X LGA 2011 / Asus Rampage Blk edition MB / EVGA Geforce Titan Blk video card / Corsair Vengeance 2400mhz 32GB / EVGA 1300w PSU / Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD / WD Black series 1TB 7200rpm HD / CoolerMaster Seidon 240 liquid cooler /  CoolerMaster 932 HAF case / Windows 7 Pro 64

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate