Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:35:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
111 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 142
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 111
Total: 111

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

New setup

Started by Bob Reed, June 16, 2012, 08:33:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Reed

Ok I am new at X-Plane. Fresh install updated and using Beta. Been playing with rendering settings and have a decent setup going but....... There are no buildings at any airports. So what am I missing? That has to be a setting, right? Need some of you X-Plane gurus to HELP!!  :laugh:

XOrionFE

The only airport thatbhasnanything is KSEA.  You need to add airport scenery.   There is some freeware and some fairly low priced pay ware.   Go to xplane.org.  There are a number of them available.   I am sure there will be a ton coming out but yes, very sparce without getting addons as compared to FSX.  It is still a realitively new version.

rhysb

Have you installed the aerosoft airport disc as well? That's adds about 15 other airports too.
One wheel landings, tail scrapes... just doing my best!!
737 classic sim. Xplane 10 64bit on 3 i5 pc's. FDS IBL overhead, FDS CDU's & CCU's, Simvionics Panels, CP Flight MCP/EFIS, engravity & homemade MIP, prosim737, project magenta, GLB interior panels.

Bob Reed

Quote from: rhysb on June 16, 2012, 01:27:30 PM
Have you installed the aerosoft airport disc as well? That's adds about 15 other airports too.

Does this disk come with the install?

rhysb

Mine did yes. Disc 9 Aerosoft airport pack.
737 classic sim. Xplane 10 64bit on 3 i5 pc's. FDS IBL overhead, FDS CDU's & CCU's, Simvionics Panels, CP Flight MCP/EFIS, engravity & homemade MIP, prosim737, project magenta, GLB interior panels.

Bob Reed

This is version 10, there is no disk 9 and none of them say Aerosoft airport disc.

XOrionFE

I don't have a disk 9 either Bob.  That must be older.

I have read that there is a way to convert payware airports from FSX to Xplane.  That will be interesting if tru and if it works.   Something to test down the road.

I did buy KSFO, KMDW, and KLGA from X-plane.org so will be able to share video hopefully of those.

Scott

rhysb

Yes defo disc 9 mine is xplane 10 community edition as it was one of the first copies, some are called x plane 10 global but they are all the same once you have updated. I think global comes with only 8 discs, if you go in the custom scenery folder of xplane 10 there will be a load of aerosoft airports.

The program for editing scenery is called FS2Xplane and it's very good. You will also need 2 other program's called Overlay EDitor and WED.
FSX2Xplane should convert the scenery correctly and most sceneries convert great, but if objects are slightly out of place or floating then open overlay editor and put in the airport code and it will show you a 3d snapshot of the airport and you can drag and click objects into place with the mouse to get everything correct. In the wed editor you can assign gates etc at the airport.
Also if the FSX scenery uses a ground image and this looks incorrect in xplane you can change it so the xplane runways and taxiways are used but the fsx buildings etc are displayed.

Bob Reed

Thanks James! Can't wait to get home and start testing!(downloading)

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate