Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 04:43:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
64 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,640
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 63
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 64
Total: 64

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

AT issues Sim-A, User error?

Started by FredK, September 20, 2013, 11:18:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FredK

Sam -

Quotein my case I have a problem keeping auto throttle settle in flight, I'm still looking for the answer because I know is something simple that I haven't found out yet, if WFT gets here and I'm still having the same problem, someone on this team will know how to fix it, No big deal!!

What avionics software are you using?

Fred
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

Sam Llorca

FredK

Sam -

Sim-A here also.  What exactly is the A/T problem that you are experiencing?

Fred
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

Bob Reed

I think it is a page or setting we are missing during the programing of the FMC.

FredK

QuoteI think it is a page or setting we are missing during the programing of the FMC.

But what is the symptom of the problem?  What exactly is happening?

Fred

Bob Reed

Quote from: FredK on September 21, 2013, 04:35:58 AM
QuoteI think it is a page or setting we are missing during the programing of the FMC.

But what is the symptom of the problem?  What exactly is happening?

Fred

It is almost like AT losses focus. The aircraft does not hold speed. Only way to fix it is diagnose the AT and control speed manually.

Trevor Hale

I wonder if it is a center of gravity thing. It's hard to say.
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

Bob Reed

Quote from: Trevor Hale on September 21, 2013, 08:27:10 AM
I wonder if it is a center of gravity thing. It's hard to say.

Well we know the system works for several reasons so it is something we are doing (or more like missing) in the setup of the FMC... Amateurs.... Sheeeesssssshhhhh...  :idiot: ;D

FredK

:2cw:
Hmmmmm......Of late one thing I have sometimes observed with my setup is that the A/T "Speed" button on the MCP is out-of-sync with what is displayed on the PFD (that is "MCP Speed").  What I mean is that after arming the A/T and then pressing the "Speed" button on the MCP the button does not illuminate but "MCP Speed" does display on the PFD.  If I press the MCP Speed button again the button will illuminate but "MCP Speed" will show as disengaged on the PFD.  So I have come to trust only what is displayed on the PFD irrespective of how the speed button is illuminated on the MCP....sort of the reverse of how I used to fly....so it is easy to get fooled that way. Just something to look at.  That happened to me just this week practicing a VATSIM flight...I was so involved with the ATC communications that I lost speed awareness and nearly created an Asiana 777 style incident....I did recover though.  I am using Sim-A with a CPFlight Pro MCP.

I have found that rebooting the Sim-A MCP module will correct the condition.

The other thing to be absolutely sure about is to have matched FSUIPC I/O and airplane config files......obvious, everyone knows that, but such is often overlooked.

Bob Reed

Quote from: FredK on September 21, 2013, 09:18:32 AM
:2cw:

The other thing to be absolutely sure about is to have matched FSUIPC I/O and airplane config files......obvious, everyone knows that, but such is often overlooked.

Hmmmmm this is something to look at.... I know I have never done this to Sam's sim......

sagrada737

Fred's comment has merit concerning the MCP and the A/T.  It seems that every set of hardware and software behaves differently.  Re-booting the MCP is worth considering.

When setting up for a flight, it seems critical to allow Sim-Avionics to stabilize as the various modules come on-line.  Concerning the MCP's A/T function, I do the following:   I ALWAYS engage A/T on the MCP, and then Disengage it, wait two seconds, then hit the Disengage button again to clear the A/T Indicator on the Panel.  It seems that this procedure helps to "sync" this function correctly with Sim-A.  By doing this, I don't have any issues with the A/T function anymore.  It may be worth trying on your system Sam.

Another thing you can try is to "Generate New Configuration Files", and re-load the Aircraft in Sim-Avionics, which should be the "Sim-Avionics 737-800", then "Save the Aircraft".  This is a benign procedure endorsed by FDS, and it may help to stabilize the Sim-Avionics setup.  Worth trying...

Mike

Mike
Full-scale 737-800 Sim; P3d v5.3x with Sim-Avionics (two computers), FDS MIP,  FlightIllusion hardware.  3-Optoma ZH406ST Laser HD projectors, with 4K inputs from a single Nvidia RTX-4090 GPU (new), resulting in a 210 deg wrap-around display.  6dof Motion Platform using BFF 6dof motion software, driven by a Thanos Servo Controller to 6.2 KW Servos, Lever type actuators.

sagrada737

Another thing that you can try Sam, is to run a "cleaner program" on your computer.  I use CCLeaner (freeware, but proven).  Then, run a anti-vires/malware program.  It's amazing how much crap accumulates on these PCs.  I do this prior to each and every Sim flight, and things seem to run better as a result.

As you may notice...   FSX and Sim-Avionics in concert, tend to need hard-boots after a few flights.  The most I have EVER gotten out of my setup is about eight flights before things started to get flaky.   I think this is due mainly to FSX.   

The new version updates to Sim-Avionics seem to be fairly stable on my system.  It could be a good idea to check in with FDS and install the latest software update to Sim-Avionics.  Just a thought.

Also, the more scenery and add-ons I have running, the less reliable things are.   In this regard, it may be better to limit some of these add-ons for WF.  I guess this is why you plan to do this after each and every Route.  This probably holds true for other Sim Servers/Flight Models.  The point is... sometimes the only way to resolve these Sim issues is to do a complete shut-down and re-boot.

Mike

Full-scale 737-800 Sim; P3d v5.3x with Sim-Avionics (two computers), FDS MIP,  FlightIllusion hardware.  3-Optoma ZH406ST Laser HD projectors, with 4K inputs from a single Nvidia RTX-4090 GPU (new), resulting in a 210 deg wrap-around display.  6dof Motion Platform using BFF 6dof motion software, driven by a Thanos Servo Controller to 6.2 KW Servos, Lever type actuators.

sagrada737

On another note...   I have now flown all my scheduled Routes for WF.  Wow!  This is going to be a lot fun guys!

One thing I notice though...  Is that at some of these smaller airports, how are they going to fit all these aircraft on the Ramp/Gates.  For example, NFTF, which is Tonga (Fua Amotu) on the schedule, has parking for only a few aircraft, with barely enough room to turn the aircraft around.  I can't imagine how 10 aircraft or so are going to fit on the Ramp.  Do they all show up on VATSIM?  And what about the bystanders flying along on VATSIM following WF?  Will they show up as well?

I don't have enough experience with VATSIM to know if this is a problem or not, so comments would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Mike

KyleH

Hey guys, not that this stuff isn't important, but could we clean up this thread so its back of the original topic of Procedures for Worldflight. I think its important that this of all threads stay on topic.

If the throttle issue is something that we need to know about to deal with it then that's fine but the troubleshooting should be done in another thread.
I'd move posts myself but I'm not familiar with this forum software (or if we have access to do it)
Kyle

Chief Pilot
Worldflight Team USA

Bob Reed

Quote from: KyleH on September 21, 2013, 04:32:04 PM
Hey guys, not that this stuff isn't important, but could we clean up this thread so its back of the original topic of Procedures for Worldflight. I think its important that this of all threads stay on topic.

If the throttle issue is something that we need to know about to deal with it then that's fine but the troubleshooting should be done in another thread.
I'd move posts myself but I'm not familiar with this forum software (or if we have access to do it)

The problem is nothing to worry about. If it does not work, turn it off and run the throttle by hand and I put this in it's own thread.

FredK

Sam/Bob  -

Have you touched based with Steve at FDS on this?   There is going to be a lot of traffic and a lot to deal with with regarding arrival and departure.  Hopefully we can get it working as best as possible.

Steve....If you are reading this any comment?

Fred

Bob Reed

Let me re state my opinion on this!!!! It is USER error! I think we are not programing something incorrectly. We may even be missing a page. Please do not jump to conclusions and report we are saying there is something wrong with the software!!! We are not making that statement........

FredK

Perhaps the attached guide will be helpful for all regarding programming the CDU (courtesy of Steve at FDS).

KyleH

Is it a motorized throttle quadrant?
Kyle

Chief Pilot
Worldflight Team USA

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate