Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:37:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
131 Guests, 1 User
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 142
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 131
Total: 132

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

737-800 Arduino X-Plane Build

Started by kurt-olsson, September 06, 2015, 01:39:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kurt-olsson

Made a small video of my sim.
new structure.

Basically a horizontal post across the MIP. I can likely sit on this so it can handle heavy weight.
the middle window post is now heavier size (not attached yet) and will be attach to another posts that goes from the floor and up.

The middle post will also be connected to the post that goes across the MIP.

the window frame will be replaced with heavier wood.

I think this is a keeper, lots of space for building the MIP in later stages.

https://youtu.be/6ufgotjZa2I

kurt-olsson

New structure to hold the window post.
The two upper posts that makes the window frame will be exchanged for heavier wood. I might change the side posts aswell but i dont think thats nescessary.

727737Nut

Don't listen to these guys!  I have almost the exact setup as you and it not only holds the entire weight of my real OH with real panels, it holds my 220lb arse along with it!   You have the 2 vertical 2x4s under the horizontal 2x4s   Perfect!  Continue on.  Guess we should build homes out of metal studs as well?  LMAO   Buh bye, back into my hole......
737 Junkie

kurt-olsson

Thanks Rob.

Hope you didnt get any patent on your design, because i stoooole it! Hahahaha

kurt-olsson

Have the two overhead studs to add for the overhead panels. Then my version 1 structure is complete. I will not build more stuff like sidewalls/windows untill 90% is interfaced and works. Need the space to make it easier to work with the cockpit.

kurt-olsson

kurt-olsson

More progress!!!

The brackets are excellent for mounting the otherone aswell.

Sadly, i noticed that one corner had a crack in it close to the ring. I will have to contact some company that can repair this for me. I dont want to add any panels before i fix this problem. Really annoing but could have been worse.

I am so glad, all my measurements are spot on according marcuspilot.

Will have to adjust the frames, but i know the main mounting will work.

kurt-olsson

Progress.

Building the glareshield mockup.

I wont paint it but instead put some black cloth/vinyl fabric on it.
If anyone has a good tip let me know. That goes for the under glare fabric aswell.

kurt-olsson

Holy Diver! Its been long its been rough since i build this awesome thing!
Dum da dam dam durum da dam!

crazydunc

Quote from: kurt-olsson on June 21, 2018, 12:37:33 PM

Peter,

That looks awesome - Great job!

Dunc
--<br />Dunc<br /><br />FDS 737NG

kurt-olsson

Quote from: crazydunc on June 21, 2018, 02:06:41 PM
Quote from: kurt-olsson on June 21, 2018, 12:37:33 PM

Peter,

That looks awesome - Great job!

Dunc

Thanks mate!

kurt-olsson

Forward Overhead panel up in position. Needs to be lowered at the front by 2cm and back by 1cm.

Its been hard to find the right brackets that will work with this setup.

Marco ERJ

Looking great, Peter! Keep up the great work!

kurt-olsson

kurt-olsson

kurt-olsson

FO Yoke interfaced!

Right now i will only code scetches that recognizes buttonpress/read analog values etc. once it is complete i will start manipulate datarefs of x-plane.

kurt-olsson

On Saturday my Aircraft comes alive, Objective : To be able to control pitch and roll with my yokes! 😊

navymustang

These are the thrilling moments, almost like child birth  :)

Not that us guys would know anything about that !
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

kurt-olsson

My Yokes is interfaced as a Teensy Joystick. Incredible little code for getting everything to work with one usb. 26v stallshaker relay still to be done, but not now.

I think i made a huge misstake with my Yoke platform, i can access it by two holes for some easy maintenace, but if something bigger brakes or needs to be done i have to dissassemble the complete cockpit... :(

I want to convert my pitch with rubberbands instead of gasspring but its impossible to access it enough to be able to switch.

Atleast everything else is easy to remove for troubleshoot.

kurt-olsson

Its Alive!

Yokes completed and soon PFD and ND, then i can start flying!

I am in between getting a short-throw projector (easier to mount) and an old lcd tv for doing beta testing.

Anyone tried the 100$ ultra short throws? I know they are garbage but i wont buy the tvs untill the sim is about 60-70% complete and can do normal operations.

kurt-olsson

Progress!

More woodwork (which i hate) to fit the second monitor. Made perfect mounting of the monitor. The first one is a bit tacky, but itl work.

So cool to see the sim coming alive. I am glad i made the -800 otherwise i would be flying in 2034 if going the steam-gauges route. (But in all fairness steam is cooler)

Also cleaned the simroom, next is to sort all the cables/ccomponents on the workbench.

kurt-olsson

Damn.

My LCD screen fell out of the MIP and onto the floor.
The Dell one wasnt connected to the box except some tape.

Luckily i could connect it again and it worked, but this way its harder to mount... :(

kurt-olsson

Custom lip that the monitor rests on.

Great sucess! (Borat)

kurt-olsson

Progress! Throttle remake v2.0.

Nowthe OEM pedestal will fit over the motors!

kurt-olsson

Well what do you know...

Like a glove!!! (Ace Ventura 2, carparking)

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate