Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 18, 2024, 09:52:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
58 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,638
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 99
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 58
Total: 58

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Change bulb AFDS

Started by kurt-olsson, February 27, 2021, 11:48:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kurt-olsson

Unfortunatly one bulb is broken on my AFDS and needs to be replaced.

Any instructions on how to open the pushbuttons?

I really dont want to brake anything so help on "how to" would be appreciated.

Thanks

mickc

There are small recesses on the side of the button head, grip these with your fingernails and the head of the button should pop out about 3/4" and is retained by small metal bails.

The head of the button can then rotate 90 degrees and the bulbs can be replaced from the back.

They use #387 28v bulbs.

I can take photos if needed

kurt-olsson

Thanks Mick ill give it a try!

Also, my AFDS is 90% complete interfaced but i am having hard time to identify the last two button switch.

They are behind a diode so i cant use multimeter. And the normal setup with ground on chassi and search on pins does noes not work either.

Do you have the pinouts for the button switches?

Br Peter

ame

Can't you just simulate the fact that the bulb was replaced?  ;D

kurt-olsson

Haha actually it WAS simulated. Once i put some real 28V on it and wiggled the button it lighted up! :)

I was unable to remove the caps, only the square cover. Afraid to brake stuff so i hope these bulb will last a long time.

AFDS numbero uno completo!

kurt-olsson

Reeady for db contact soldering!

mickc

Quote from: kurt-olsson on February 27, 2021, 10:24:00 PMThanks Mick ill give it a try!

Also, my AFDS is 90% complete interfaced but i am having hard time to identify the last two button switch.

They are behind a diode so i cant use multimeter. And the normal setup with ground on chassi and search on pins does noes not work either.

Do you have the pinouts for the button switches?

Br Peter

Contact me by PM, i can assist with the CMMs

kurt-olsson

kurt-olsson

My prevois button seems to be stuck. This popped out easily.

No wonder the lamps flicker.

This is old stuff!

The lamps has some kind of rust on them.

blueskydriver

If they're just oxidized you could clean the contacts with an electronics cleaner (or very strong 90-95% alcohol cleaner) and q-tip or small brush. Clean the bulb contacts/bases and the contact points in the housing. Also, if it has a spring or a bent metal piece that makes contact, try readjusting them to make sure the tension is tighter against the bulb contacts...

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

kurt-olsson

100 new lamps is on the way! I think they need new ones anyway.

But thanks for the tip John.

blueskydriver

Wait, you don't want any bulbs that have flown 1 million miles, nor mixed with a thousand mile bulbs, nor mixed with 2 brand new bulbs? LOL!

You gotta have one that needs a tap or two every now and then, makes you look like a real pilot...uh, or a poor airline mechanic ROTFLOL!

John  ;D
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

kurt-olsson

Haha could not find any used OEM 737 bulbs on ebay! Hahaha

Garys

@ 2k a pop for a new light assembly, a tap is well justified for an old assy. Airline mechanics are accountants as well didn't you know  ;)

kurt-olsson

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate