Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 18, 2024, 10:55:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
56 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,638
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 99
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 56
Total: 56

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Segment displays

Started by Mach7, November 02, 2020, 04:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mach7

A+ was the correct choice Andrew.

Ill post some pictures of the new unit when I get it all soldered and glued together!

Jim

Mach7

Here are some pictures of my TMS version 2. I constructed another unit with brand new push wheel switches and the wiring a bit more on the 'tidy' side.

Easy access to the Arduino for re-progamming as well.

Also, The entire unit now slides snuggly in place on the instrument panel, so there is no need to place fastening screws on the face of the CDU.

The original TMS had AML21 push on/off switches and it was difficult to feed the wires around the body of the switch to provide anode and cathode leads to the LED's.

These new switches are push on and off as well, however I have designed the pushbutton (3D print) to encompass all the bits needed to get power to the lamps within the buttons therefore there are no lead wires to worry about.

As you can see from the diagram, the 3d printed body of the switch contains the led, then, by virtue of the button design,  I have the anode lead connecting to the spring loaded contact within the switch to provide the anode input, and the cathode input is provided when the switch body is firmly pressed into place making contact with the upper portion  of the outer switch plunger.

I still have to install the switch covers that contain the labelling and chevron cutouts.

ame

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate