Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:02:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
134 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 136
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 134
Total: 134

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Multiple X-Plane copies one PC & multiple displays

Started by goof2092, January 31, 2013, 02:32:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

goof2092

Not sure if you have all seen this thread. Apparently works for windows too ( jump to post #31 for that).

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showtopic=44217&hl=

Could be an option to test the TV's visuals option before shelling out on additional 2 PCs

Anthony
mac bookpro, 4GB RAM, 2.4GHz Core i5, Mac OSX 10.6.8.
x-plane 10.25, sioc, uipcx, flywithLua, Teensyduino

Kennair

This is extremely interesting news, I'll definitely be trying it.  Wonder what the perf hit will be though.

Ken.
Intel i73770K | 16Gb RAM | GTX680 | Win7-64 | TH2GO | 3 x 42" FHD LCD TV's | FDS CDU | OC MCP, EFIS, COMMS | Aerosim Throttle | Sim-Avionics DSTD+ | FSX P3D XP10 | FTX | FSGRW | REX2E | Aivlasoft EFB| PFPX | FTG |Kennair

fsaviator

OOhhhh.  Here I sit with a pile of new computer parts in front of me, three monitors, and a demo of XP10 on my NAS....  I'm headed on a trip early Sunday...  maybe it's worth the time to try this out.  I also have XP9 that I never loaded.  Maybe thats an option
Warren "FSAviator"
http://www.B737NG-Sim.com  |  https://www.facebook.com/fsaviator/
P3D45/ Prosim737 2/ ACE Dual-linked Yokes/ RevSim Proline TQ and Dual-linked Rudders/ CPFlight MCP PRO3 and EFIS'; MIP737ICS_FULL and SIDE737; Forward and Aft Overheads; Pedestal/ FDS MIP

BimmerCop

Hmmm this is interesting... I'm days away from purchasing 2 PJs to complete a 3 projector setup and also seriously considering purchasing 2 more PCs so I can have 1 PC per projector. I will have to give this a shot first.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Maurice

Quote from: Kennair on January 31, 2013, 07:11:44 PM
This is extremely interesting news, I'll definitely be trying it.  Wonder what the perf hit will be though.

Ken.

There is no free lunch Ken. My guess is that it will be a slide show but I would love to be wrong.

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

Nat Crea

I'm with Mau...

Why do you guys  try and punish yourselves so much?!  :D
Like anything in this universe...The law of Conservation of Energy.

Nat

Maurice

Quote from: melnato on February 09, 2013, 03:26:41 PM

Why do you guys  try and punish yourselves so much?!  :D

Nat

Isn't that what cockpit building is all about? The evidence over here is overwhelming  ;D

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

XOrionFE

Based on my experiences with X-Plane so far his is not going to work or provide even marginally decent performance.     I have 5 i7s each running their own 1920x1080 screen each with a 45 deg fov.    Even with higher end processors, 8-16 gig of memory and video cards of GTX 560ti or GTX660ti with 2gb ram on them I am not able to push x-plane 10 up to its full potential especially once turning on HDR mode which really gives all the great lighting effects and such.     And add to that that I am running 64 bit...

X-Plane is the beast that FSX was when it first came out.  The hardware we have today is capable of running it at very very nice levels and I would say better looking than FSX still but to get X-planes full potential will require even faster speeds.    It is really positioned nice for today and tomorrows hardware.   But trying to get more than one view out of a single computer while possible would likely require HDR turned off and most sliders set way down thus giving a very undesirable experience.

Scott

BimmerCop

Quote from: XOrionFE on February 10, 2013, 07:05:30 AM
Based on my experiences with X-Plane so far his is not going to work or provide even marginally decent performance.     I have 5 i7s each running their own 1920x1080 screen each with a 45 deg fov.    Even with higher end processors, 8-16 gig of memory and video cards of GTX 560ti or GTX660ti with 2gb ram on them I am not able to push x-plane 10 up to its full potential especially once turning on HDR mode which really gives all the great lighting effects and such.     And add to that that I am running 64 bit...

X-Plane is the beast that FSX was when it first came out.  The hardware we have today is capable of running it at very very nice levels and I would say better looking than FSX still but to get X-planes full potential will require even faster speeds.    It is really positioned nice for today and tomorrows hardware.   But trying to get more than one view out of a single computer while possible would likely require HDR turned off and most sliders set way down thus giving a very undesirable experience.

Scott

I agree and that's why I haven't even tried it lol, but I will eventually do, just for S&Gs...

BTW, how easy/hard was it to configure the views with XP? In you case, was it as simple as just setting each's lateral view AND POV in increments of 45 degrees (-90, -45, 0, 45, 90)? Did you also need to mess around with the zoom settings?

Just wondering if in my case, I just need to set them as -75, 0, 75, since I will have only 3 displays to cover the 225 degrees of view.

Thanks for any heads up on this.

Nat Crea

QuoteJust wondering if in my case, I just need to set them as -75, 0, 75, since I will have only 3 displays to cover the 225 degrees of view.

Very Easy.
All the angles and FOV settings are internal in XP. Even the networking...no need for WideVIew.

Nat

BimmerCop

Quote from: melnato on February 10, 2013, 11:52:11 AM
QuoteJust wondering if in my case, I just need to set them as -75, 0, 75, since I will have only 3 displays to cover the 225 degrees of view.

Very Easy.
All the angles and FOV settings are internal in XP. Even the networking...no need for WideVIew.

Nat

Yup, I saw that and have been able to easily see how easy the networking aspect of XP is when I configured some network gauges. It was a breeze.

What I really want to know is, how would I set up the client PCs for a 225 degree view. Just set the lateral views, POVs and away you go? How about zooming? Little details like that.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Nat Crea

OK...There's no "zoom" in XPlane. Instead you widen the FOV (lateral) and adjust
your camera angle on each client until you reach your desired total FOV...200, 225, or greater.

Nat

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate