Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:15:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
130 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 130
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 130
Total: 130

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

CPFLight Backlighting

Started by kattz, August 04, 2019, 03:39:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kattz

People, I searched this and couldn't seem to find an answer.

I have a primarily-FDS MIP and overheads.  Some OEM panels... Still waiting on Mick to sell me some bulbs for my IRS panel  :)

I have been debating FDS MCP and EFIS vs CPFlight, and I have experience with the CPFlight older stuff. 

I am considering the purchase of the MCP and EFIS "Pro" versions from CPFlight (because they have some functions that FDS does not, but I love those FDS IBL panels!).  In the cockpit, how do the CPFlight units look when mixed in with the FDS panels?

Thanks.

Kev

jackpilot

Quote from: kattz on August 04, 2019, 03:39:39 PM

I am considering the purchase of the MCP and EFIS "Pro" versions from CPFlight (because they have some functions that FDS does not, but I love those FDS IBL panels!).

Thanks.

Kev
My gut feeling is that mixing hardware and software is rarely without issues.
I would just double check the MX and Mx pro MCPs for available functions  and accurate size. I use the MX model with 2 EFIS and they fit perfectly in the MIP (zero gap).
Nevertheless, CPFlight products are excellent

Which avionics do you use ?
Here are a few pics "in situ"  with the FDS MIP ;D
https://www.flightdecksolutions.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3995&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=190

Jack

kattz

Hi, Jack,

I'll be using P3D v4+ and Pro-Sim 737.

sending you a PM.

mickc

Quote from: kattz on August 04, 2019, 03:39:39 PM
People, I searched this and couldn't seem to find an answer.

I have a primarily-FDS MIP and overheads.  Some OEM panels... Still waiting on Mick to sell me some bulbs for my IRS panel  :)

I have been debating FDS MCP and EFIS vs CPFlight, and I have experience with the CPFlight older stuff. 

I am considering the purchase of the MCP and EFIS "Pro" versions from CPFlight (because they have some functions that FDS does not, but I love those FDS IBL panels!).  In the cockpit, how do the CPFlight units look when mixed in with the FDS panels?

Thanks for reminding me :) :)

Looks wise, the CP flight stuff is slightly whiter (colder) in color to FDS, but not enough to stand out much.
Where you will see a difference is with the OEM panels.  They are much dimmer than FDS/CPFlight.  Most replica panels are cartoonishly bright compared to the real thing.  Anyone who has ever flown a real aircraft at night will know that with panels lit up that brightly you will barely be able to see anything out of the windows lol.

You can get around this with some creative dimming strategies so they all light up at the same level.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate