Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 13, 2024, 06:28:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
721 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 738
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 721
Total: 721

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

My new B737NG Project

Started by carlos hermida, November 04, 2010, 04:29:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carlos hermida

Hi for all,

I am starting a new project and I want to share some pics with you guys ! For visuals I will use three 32" Samsung LED TV connected to matrox TripleHead2Go Digital because my room is limited and can't permit the use of projectors, so for me, this was the best way to go looking for image quality.
For now I will post some pics of the base and the room that I have finished today from a full refurbish on it to receive this project. I have received some hardwares and parts in this last 5 months like TQ Pro line and rudder from Revolution, pedestal from Flyengravity and others...

So will not fly for the next 2 months, i believe  :( ! This is the part that I will miss a lot in this break time but it will be  for a good reason  ::) !

Carlos

MLeavy737

Looks like your off to a good start, very professional looking!

Mike Leavy
The 737 800/900... Fastest airplane with the gear down!

carlos hermida

Hi Mike,

Yes that's true, as you know, we never end with this hobby and sometimes we need to restart it again to upgrade to a good level.
    So this weekend I was able to put the base in the room and the 19" rack that will receive all computers, take a look...

Carlos Hermida

MLeavy737

Sweet! I like the computer rack!

and your right about restarting. I guess you could say this is my 3rd build/rebuild and i have definately learned alot and incorporated all of it into what i have now..

Mike Leavy

carlos hermida

Mike or others, 

What knob in the real 737 reduces (dimmer) backlight for the throttle quadrant ?

Here goes some more...

Boeing Skunk Works

The computer rack has a definite cool factor. Nice pedals too.
Why yes...I am a rocket scientist...

Boeing, Collins, Gables, Sperry, PPG, Korry, Pacific Scientific, Honeywell

MLeavy737

The dimmer for the TQ is on the pedestal. It controls the pedestal, throttles, and CDU (key) backlighting, oh and radio frequency brightness.

Mike Leavy

carlos hermida

Thanks Mike 's  ;) !

autocadplease

Grant D.
Nelson, B.C.
FSX PM Boeing TH2Go

NAX228

Quote from: MLeavy737 on November 10, 2010, 05:31:45 PM
The dimmer for the TQ is on the pedestal. It controls the pedestal, throttles, and CDU (key) backlighting, oh and radio frequency brightness.

Mike Leavy

hehe... I was talking to Volante the other day about the exact same thing for what i guess is the exact same reason: RevSim TQ :D
I decided to put it on with the pedestal, but that it also control the FMC keys was new to me.
Thanks to you both.
-------------------
1 step forward, 2 steps back...

Boeing Skunk Works

Don't you 737 guys already have that switch on the aft pedestal? It's been like that for 50 years.

NAX228

Yes we have the switch on the pedestal, but we also have many other dimmers. Knowing witch dimmer to to dim the TQ was the question. My thought was that it could also be put on the backlight dimmer. Well, now I know.
-------------------
1 step forward, 2 steps back...

carlos hermida

Thank you guys for the TQ dimmer information !

More pics from my project...

carlos hermida

I took some time this last two weeks to "google" about the right specs for a new full PC for FSX because doing a new project  will be the right time to upgrade for it (was flying FS9 for last 5 years and very happy with it, but...FSX looks more realistic).
       So today I was able to buy one NEW EVGA GTX480SC+ from a guy that bought  two of then but he decided to sell both to buy two GTX580 for SLI mode as his new computer is not ready yet and he has time to order this monster. As read FSX is no GPU dependent but CPU. Does anybody have any experience of using 2 of this in SLI mode  with TH2GO? I will use 3 x 32"LED samsung tv's with TH2GODigital (5040x1050) and maybe SLI could help in something...or not?

FSX Server

Intel i7-9?? (didn't choose yet but i think  the best CPU will give me the best results, any suggestion?)
Asus RAMPAGE III Gene
Corsair Dominator 6GB (3x2gb) 2000mhz (8-9-8-24) 1.65v
EVGA GTX480SC+
Intel SSD X25-M Mainstream 80GB  - for OS
Intel SSD X25-M Mainstream 160GB  -  for FSX and add ons
Thermaltake TR2 RX 1000W PSU
Thermaltake 760i Water Cooler to use with i7 processor
Windows 7 64bits Ultimate
TH2GODigital (connected to 3 x 32"LED as said 5040x1050)

Your opinions will be very important for me, so feel free for any suggestion or changes in this specs  ;)

More pics ...

Boeing Skunk Works

Cool standby stack!

I'm still buying Core 2 Duo's for FS!  :o

I'm eventually getting an Icore Win7 system for non-FS use, but not until after the first of the year.

MLeavy737

Carlos,
  Gonna be a sweet sim when its done man!! hope to check it out someday!

Mike Leavy

mpl330

Hi,

Not sure if FS takes advantage of SLI - maybe worth a read on simforums.com to see what has been discussed on there in the hardware section.

Cheers
Mike

fordgt40

carlos hermida

Quote from: Boeing Skunk Works on November 15, 2010, 04:22:24 PM
Cool standby stack!

I'm still buying Core 2 Duo's for FS!  :o

I'm eventually getting an Icore Win7 system for non-FS use, but not until after the first of the year.

Thank you !
I am there too until  starting to mount this new fsx pc, I will use my core 2 Duo now for capt and fo pfd/nd. I think that will do great this new job.  :laugh:

Quote from: MLeavy737 on November 16, 2010, 08:00:32 PM
Carlos,
  Gonna be a sweet sim when its done man!! hope to check it out someday!

Mike Leavy

Sure ! Believe, I am doing my best in details and investment ($$$urghh) but will be for me, my kids and friends who what to learn and enjoy to fly in the 737NG !   Yep, talked as a real 737 PLA rated isn't it ?

Quote from: mpl330 on November 17, 2010, 11:43:23 AM
Hi Mike,
Not sure if FS takes advantage of SLI  but - maybe worth a read on simforums.com to see what has been discussed on there in the hardware section.

Cheers
Mike
Hi,
Thinking and reading more about it, maybe anyone who tested could give more impressions about it. Thank you !
Quote from: fordgt40 on November 17, 2010, 11:57:34 AM
Carlos

You should read the thread on this link

http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php/21292-FSX-optimum-PC-hardware-setup

David

Thanks for the link, folowing now !

BR
Carlos

carlos hermida

So, I ordered today the CPU to use with FSX after reading a lot of forums about it and decided that I will go with intel  i7-980X...on the way now...expect that worth all money spend on it !!! ;)

Here goes some more...

carlos hermida

Yesterday I received from Robert ( Flyengravity) the Performance Line PRO stand and was able to have fun today. I am very very happy with the quality of his products, take a look below.

carlos hermida

Hi guys,

Here goes more updates made this weekend as i had a little free time !

carlos hermida

...and made some cuts using black leather for landing gear panel.

ian@737ng.co.uk

hello carlos.......
this is going to be some build and i am not only impressed, but jealous into the
bargain.     after seeing something like this, i take mike's point and i'm contemplating
a total rebuild next summer.
good luck and hope it all goes to plan.
best regards

ian
FS9 - PMDG/Prosim737 - Pokeys - Lots of BU0836X and a BEER FRIDGE :D

carlos hermida

Quote from: ian@737ng.co.uk on December 01, 2010, 07:00:45 AM
hello carlos.......
this is going to be some build and i am not only impressed, but jealous into the
bargain.     after seeing something like this, i take mike's point and i'm contemplating
a total rebuild next summer.
good luck and hope it all goes to plan.
best regards

ian

Hello Ian,

Thank you for your kind words ! 
I think that the best part when you decide to rebuild a sim these days are about the many options  in the market.   You know that around 6 or 7 years ago (or more for some builders) when we started our builds it was very dificult to reproduce any acft with good results and  limited to 3 or 4 hobby parts supliers.    Today things are more easy and you only need to decide how much you could spend in this hobby, choose  and  assemble all parts like "plug and play" to have great results and  feeling.

So if you want my opinion,  go ahead captain and have fun as we know that this hobby never ends  if we want ;)

Best regards,

Carlos

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate