Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 14, 2024, 05:14:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
729 Guests, 1 User
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 741
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 729
Total: 730

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

My new B737NG Project

Started by carlos hermida, November 04, 2010, 04:29:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boeing Skunk Works

I would have to disagree with much of that.

For builders such as Eric, Bushman, myself, and others, nothing has changed in the past ten years at all.  It is just as difficult to build what we like as it ever was.

Now, if you're building a Boeing or an Airbus pet project, then yes, I'd say things have improved threefold over just a few short years ago. Fortunately, not everyone is building the same thing or this could get dull pretty quick.

If you've seen one 737NG you've pretty much seen all of them. Nothing against anyone building one of these birds mind you, my point was that it has not improved for everyone.
Why yes...I am a rocket scientist...

Boeing, Collins, Gables, Sperry, PPG, Korry, Pacific Scientific, Honeywell

carlos hermida

Quote from: Boeing Skunk Works on December 05, 2010, 08:40:28 AM
I would have to disagree with much of that.

For builders such as Eric, Bushman, myself, and others, nothing has changed in the past ten years at all.  It is just as difficult to build what we like as it ever was.

Now, if you're building a Boeing or an Airbus pet project, then yes, I'd say things have improved threefold over just a few short years ago. Fortunately, not everyone is building the same thing or this could get dull pretty quick.

If you've seen one 737NG you've pretty much seen all of them. Nothing against anyone building one of these birds mind you, my point was that it has not improved for everyone.

Yes, you are right Mike !
I was talking more precise about the 737NG (my only experience until now)  when talking about this last 10 years but A320 have improved too as you said ... ;)

carlos hermida

Hello for all,

So more pics to share with you guys ! The structure that will hold MIP, FWD and AFT overhead finished today and will be here at home on saturday... :D

carlos hermida

and ready to go home...

jackpilot

The fist pic looks like a mean Bug..ready to jump. :laugh:

Very nice solution. I did that on my first sim, long ago, with ABS water pipes, was ok but not very strong.(not strong at all actually) Yours seems super solid and square tubing is certainly better than a round section.

Jack

carlos hermida

Quote from: jackpilot on December 08, 2010, 12:50:38 PM
The fist pic looks like a mean Bug..ready to jump. :laugh:

Very nice solution. I did that on my first sim, long ago, with ABS water pipes, was ok but not very strong.(not strong at all actually) Yours seems super solid and square tubing is certainly better than a round section.

Hi Jack,

That was exact my first impression when I saw it ready, grasshopper...but will look better than that when mounted with all hardware  ;D

It is very strong and I can use the seat handle without any move of the structure. It is very solid. I used 5 cm x 5 cm square tube to screw the MIP and 5 cm x 3 cm retangular tube for overhead contour and back legs.

carlos hermida

Hello  for all !

Here goes some updates about FMC's and Lower EICAS using Flyengravity frame for that !

carlos hermida

and testing Lower Eicas monitor with Project Magenta software.

carlos hermida

Hi guys,

So, after some days since my last sim progress, here goes some more. Free time was a problem this last month, but slowly I am enjoying the results...

carlos hermida

and some more...

jackpilot

Super nice
Are n't you eager to line up any runway!!!!

Jack

blueskydriver

Where did you purchase your lower EICAS display, and is it an exact fit just for that area or does it run under either side of the CDU's?

BSD
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

jskibo

FDS sells them. Exact fit for $399 I think
Less than 4 years to retirement......

carlos hermida

Quote from: jackpilot on January 31, 2011, 05:35:11 PM
Super nice
Are n't you eager to line up any runway!!!!

Sure Jack ! I just need more few days to test FSX after some last hardwares adjusts  ;)

Quote from: blueskydriver on January 31, 2011, 05:46:11 PM
Where did you purchase your lower EICAS display, and is it an exact fit just for that area or does it run under either side of the CDU's?

Bought it very cheap on ebay from my Country. Yes it was fitted under both FlyEngravity CDU but just remember that those CDU without the case have around 1cm...perfect fit for this type of set up.

carlos hermida

Finally fire up FSX  to see visuals of my new setup !

jackpilot

Jack

NeoMorph

Carlos, hate to tell you but you appear to have a leak in the roof of your simulator room. You can clearly see it in your first picture!  ;)

Oh, and another sim I would kill to own!
John AKA NeoMorph... Gamer, Simmer, AnythingToGetOutOfNormalLife...er

Project: ATR 72-500, Ruscool panels, OpenCockpits Electronics.
Currently Doing: Awaiting coloured acrylic for colouring rear lighting and working on final versions of overhead panel fixtures (Yay, finally!)

Emesis

What no video of the maiden flight?
Kick the tires and light the fires, let's see that thing fly!! :laugh:

ETomlin

YES. As I am looking to do the same thing, Im wondering if I really need to go with much bigger screens. Ive been thinking about 50" screens but now this thing looks awesome with the 32"s. I thing for certain that 42" is the smallest I'd go with for my project, but I really would love to see a video of this thing moving and shaking.
Eric Tomlin
Flight Line Simulations
www.FlightLineSimulations.com (new site)
Integral Lighted Panels, Products, Consultation, & Suppliers

carlos hermida

Hi guys,

I am trying to solve now with Oral some issues with my Rev. TQ after that  I will try to make a video showing the visual and the levers from TQ moving in flight folowing the autopilot.  I am very happy with the results, looks much better than my old sim  ;)

Nick1150

Hi Carlos  :)

That is a great project, very tidy made and one can see the amount of pre-planning made. Everything is perfecty cut and organised in advance.

To be honest at some time in the near (or not so near) future I will have to do that too.

I also had (and have) issues with RevSim TQ. Their new card and script has few issues, but hopefully Oral will solve them soon.

So keep on posting pics Carlos,

Thanks for sharing,

Nick
Nick

Boeing 737 NG home cockpit builder in Athens, Greece

Nick1150

Hi there,

Any news on your project Carlos ?

I am thinking to upgrade my cockpit base, and build something similar for the overhead too. I was just wondering do you have the exact dimensions of this construction ?

Another question woudl be: I see your CDUs are far away from the PC rack. Didn't you have an issue with the USB cable ?

Thanks

Nick
Nick

carlos hermida

Quote from: Nick1150 on April 08, 2011, 03:51:36 AM
Hi there,

Any news on your project Carlos ?

I am thinking to upgrade my cockpit base, and build something similar for the overhead too. I was just wondering do you have the exact dimensions of this construction ?

Another question woudl be: I see your CDUs are far away from the PC rack. Didn't you have an issue with the USB cable ?

Thanks

Nick

Hi Nick,

As you should known there are too much work setting up things like softwares and that´s what I have spend in this last month making some adjusts with FSX and addons including those correct volume for each sound in pmsounds. Last week I was able to install the BUTTKICKER GAMER 2 below my plataform and I really recommend it !

Yes, pm me and I could send you the dimensions of my plataform but dimensions was calculated to fit in my room and you can increase dimensions if you need.

Talking about USB connections I didn´t have any issue yet with those connections. I have on the back of my MIP a total of  4 TARGUS USB HUB with 7 Ports (powered version) connecting one HUB for each PC with 5m usb 2.0 cable with  hardwares connected to the desired PC.

Nick1150

Thanks Carlos

:)

I will pm you soon  ;)
Nick

carlos hermida

Hi for all !

Oh, as I said on my last post, this hobby takes a lot of hours of our life but here are some new shots to compensate all the time dedicated to it ...

Here is the Hobbs meter installed on pedestal to compute the used hours of the sim  and ButtKicker below the base ! ::)

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate