Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 14, 2024, 01:44:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
723 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 725
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 723
Total: 723

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Flyboyandre's Cockpit Project

Started by Flyboyandre, November 14, 2010, 09:29:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maurice

Hmmm!!! 6 months, 2 days... I'm suddenly ashamed of myself.  :-[

Amazing progress in such a short time and with a low budget as well. Very well done!

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

Emesis

Looks great, even though the OH switches are backwards :laugh: Just kidding. :)

Looking forward in seeing your maiden flight video!

Cheers

Boeing Skunk Works

You should show that over at mycockpit.org. That would really impress them over there.
Why yes...I am a rocket scientist...

Boeing, Collins, Gables, Sperry, PPG, Korry, Pacific Scientific, Honeywell

Flyboyandre

Thank you for all the support and feedback I have received during the build. I know that this doesnt measure up against most of the incredible projects out there but it's fun to hit milestones I never thought I would reach.
Now i need to get that mini fridge installed along with the video camera to in order to stay hydrated and share some of the airtime with the world :)

ETomlin

Quote from: Flyboyandre on March 07, 2011, 08:36:43 PM
Thank you for all the support and feedback I have received during the build. I know that this doesnt measure up against most of the incredible projects out there...

Hey, I think that with a generic project, there comes a lot of freedom. I've always thought that it'd be nice to have one laid out for a turbo prop like a King Air/Caravan combination. In fact, I will eventually do something like this once my LJ45 is "done".  You've done a great job, be proud of it!
Eric Tomlin
Flight Line Simulations
www.FlightLineSimulations.com (new site)
Integral Lighted Panels, Products, Consultation, & Suppliers

XOrionFE

It would probably work awesome with the PMDJ J41 also if you like Turboprops.  Yes I am guilty of buying that one for my desktop sim as I have a certain affinity for Turboprops as you might be able to guess from my screen name.   Nothing like the sound of them.

Nice work again Andre....Enjoy flying now.

Flyboyandre

Snapped a couple of pictures while parked at the gate in Amsterdam today.
Played around with Adobe Photoshop, looking to make myself a livery and new color scheme for my planes and this is what I came up with. Yeah, it's Norwegian inspired.

ETomlin

Some super looking hi res shots there.
Eric Tomlin
Flight Line Simulations
www.FlightLineSimulations.com (new site)
Integral Lighted Panels, Products, Consultation, & Suppliers

Flyboyandre

Thank you kindly Eric. Now i just need to paint the other machines that i like to fly :)

barettaj

Andre,
Love the sim am going to be building something along the lines of this as i cannot tame my love for the crj and 737 with a 1:1 sim.
One quick question, is there anyway you could take a photo of the overhead showing wat each switch is assigned to do and what type of switches are those that light up? Link?
Thanks

Flyboyandre

Started building a simple and easy throttle quadrant this weekend to replace the GoFlight module i didnt like as it never felt smooth. I will build in reverse thrust with the help of micro switches when i get the handles cut out.

Also had to upgrade my old 850W power supply to a brand spanking new Corsair Gold Edition 1200W unit.

Flyboyandre

Ok, although the majority of the pit is done and 100% flyable I continue to strive for as much realism as possible while keeping my low cost budget in check.
The core of my new TQ is based on 2 Saitek Pro throttle units, enclosed in light ply and mdf. The levers were cut with bandsaw and features fully functioning reverse thrust handles with a/t disconnect built into #1 and #4.

Flyboyandre

This is most likely the last build update as I pretty much consider the cockpit done. The final step to maintain the flexibility was to install a touchscreen LCD in order to utilize the FMC/CDU directly from the payware add-ons. The setup works flawlessly.
Below you will see a couple of pics I took of the Level-D 767 and iFly 737 powered up.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate